Club Legend
Sep 22, 2005
Trickstar Games
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Celtics, Patriots, RedSox
Re: AFL 2006 Talk

Just quickly....the forum has been a fantastic source of feedback for us. Especially in terms of gameplay - understanding what is frustrating and what works. We can sit here thinking we got something right but until we hear your reactions both at first glance and then months down the track we won't know for sure if we are doing the right thing. Also we are making a game for you guys and that's something we can't afford to forget so it's vital that we maintain a contact. It's funny but I think this setup is kinda unique in some ways - we are really enjoying the contact with our buying public.

Guys I won't be in for about 10 days now...a much needed break in NZ for me. See y'all when I get back. Keep the questions coming and I'll do my best to answer them as soon as I get back.

Almost forgot....a rough estimate on 2007? Not sure exactly but I'm thinking sometime in the 1/3 of the season. It's getting earlier every year which is a great thing!

FH

I play 8 min halves on FIFA on Professional, and still get a result of 3-1 or along those lines, which to some is unrealistic. Imagine if you played the full 45 min halves...on average it would be about a 18-6 result!

Just like in this case, 20 min quarters + time on can equate to 40-60 goals, but turn that to 10 min quarters, it is 20 goals, or 5, being 10 goals.

Yep done that with Fifa, every version.
Especially on the easier modes, same with Cricket by EA Sports, I played a test match batted for 3 days, Gilly made a 350 and pointing a double century
And I still bowled out opposition in 2 days.
And this was aganist Inida, so not one of the minows!

You guys may as well go ALL OUT on this.
If finances and developer skill are what holds the AFL series from glory then only a fool would hold their breath waiting for a game on next gen which is harder to work with.
PS3 - blu ray is very hard apparently.
Perhaps there'll be an xbox version after 07.

Like i said, go all out. :)

PS- Still pretty happy with 06.

You guys may as well go ALL OUT on this.
If finances and developer skill are what holds the AFL series from glory then only a fool would hold their breath waiting for a game on next gen which is harder to work with.
PS3 - blu ray is very hard apparently.
Perhaps there'll be an xbox version after 07.

Like i said, go all out. :)

PS- Still pretty happy with 06.

So why dont you pay if its that simple..just post you BSB and Account number for FH and the rest of the team to use :) simple really

A "Running Hot" display on-screen during games would be a nice feature to know which of your players is... well running hot. Those players should have a marker above them or a red circle surrounding them as to know who they are.

A "Running Hot" display on-screen during games would be a nice feature to know which of your players is... well running hot. Those players should have a marker above them or a red circle surrounding them as to know who they are.

To further the idea players who are running hot should have a slight stats boost for the period they are "hot" so to speak. Say your using the eagles and judd is finding alot of the footy early and is considered to be running hot than his speed might increase a bit more and will break through tackles more easily. If Jonothan Brown is running hot he'll take contested grabs more easily, that way you have to change your tactics through out the match to negate opposition form players. If you playing the eagles and judd starts to run hot you may have to tag or double tag him to stop him from hurting you on the scoreboard. That would be awesome, also means you'd have to use the bench wisely because if a running hot player went onto the bench they would lose they're running hots status. I guess it just makes it that little more realistic where players have a good night and other times an off night. So maybe running cold could also be added where players had stats decrease and suddenly wasn't as quick, or fumbled marks a little easier, couldn't hold tackles, shanked kicks. That would make it much more realistic and fun one would think.

One thing i hope is fixed or made better is when you playing in rain it effects the players skills. I have not seen 1 dropped mark in the rain or 1 shanked kick so i just wonder why rain is even there.
Also one day to have it realesed on PC which i know wont happen this season due to the AFL's dumb agreement with Sony.

Believe it or not guys we actually tried to get that in last year but ran out of time. A hot/cold feature 'should' be in this year.

To further the idea players who are running hot should have a slight stats boost for the period they are "hot" so to speak. Say your using the eagles and judd is finding alot of the footy early and is considered to be running hot than his speed might increase a bit more and will break through tackles more easily. If Jonothan Brown is running hot he'll take contested grabs more easily, that way you have to change your tactics through out the match to negate opposition form players. If you playing the eagles and judd starts to run hot you may have to tag or double tag him to stop him from hurting you on the scoreboard. That would be awesome, also means you'd have to use the bench wisely because if a running hot player went onto the bench they would lose they're running hots status. I guess it just makes it that little more realistic where players have a good night and other times an off night. So maybe running cold could also be added where players had stats decrease and suddenly wasn't as quick, or fumbled marks a little easier, couldn't hold tackles, shanked kicks. That would make it much more realistic and fun one would think.
Yeah, that's a great idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would they be able to handle this feature? No disrespect intended of course, but I'm not sure if the makers of this game would be able to implement a system that would really work and be consistant with the current amount of flaws in the game. Would be an excellent feature down the track though.

I haven't been keeping in touch with this thread of late, but the first thing I would like to see in the next game is for backmen to be able to close check their opponents. Even when I seem to double team the full forward, they both sit behind him and always get caught out on the lead.

Sorry guys not really motivated to go digging thru the 100+ pages of this thread so could a few of you just tell me what you think of this game? I'm thinking of buying it and just wondering if it is worth it? Positives? Negatives? Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys not really motivated to go digging thru the 100+ pages of this thread so could a few of you just tell me what you think of this game? I'm thinking of buying it and just wondering if it is worth it? Positives? Negatives? Thanks in advance.
Positives are that it is the best AFL game ever, not very hard to do considering past installments but it has improved massivley, the gameplay is awesome and very fun, it takes little time to get used to the game and controls and the association mode is very fun with the inclusion of the salary cap.

Negatives would be the sometimes slow movements of player and reactions, also the trades and salary cap(Yes I know I already mentioned it as a good thing) can be a bit iffy in its realism.

Compared to other sport games such as FIFA, NBA 2K, PES, NBA LIVE, NFL, NHL and others it might be a year or two behind but it is definetly a game worth getting in the mean time.

A few questions...

Does anyone know of a website that displays a player's state of origin?

I know pro-stats has which club they came from but is that considered to be their state of origin?

What is the state of origin - where they were born or where they played their footy before being drafted?

FH

When State of Origin was last played the rule was where a player played their first senior game after the age of 15 or something like that. If you have a look at the player profiles on the AFL website and or club websites it shows where they were recruited from and what state that club is in. This could be used to determine their State of Origin. Are you considering puting SOO in next year's game?

Hi FH.

One of the best things added to EA Sports Cricket 07 was the on-the-fly field position changes where you could change your field without leaving the in-game screen.

Please please please please can you have on-the-fly interchanges in AFL 07.

Sorry if this has been suggested many times before. It just sux having to go into all the menues to interchange players. It ruins the continuity of the game.

Thanks

also FH that state of origin thing HAS to happen. Im telling you if you want the game to be successful it has to be added please. If you successfully add at least most of the good things that have been suggested in this thread this game will be a breakthrough in AFL games and will really set the bar for the next games.
cheers

also FH that state of origin thing HAS to happen. Im telling you if you want the game to be successful it has to be added please. If you successfully add at least most of the good things that have been suggested in this thread this game will be a breakthrough in AFL games and will really set the bar for the next games.
cheers
No, If they want it to be a success then they have to improve the basics before adding the extras.
State of Origin would be nice but if the gameplay is as bad as their previous games I wont care if its in there or not.

No, If they want it to be a success then they have to improve the basics before adding the extras.
State of Origin would be nice but if the gameplay is as bad as their previous games I wont care if its in there or not.

Exactly right. :thumbsu:

Get the gameplay right (and fast) then focus on the extras... If the gameplay can't be fixed then having SOO or what ever is pointless as a lot of people would get sick of the game and wont play it.

2006 was a big improvement gameplay wise but after you play it a lot you start to realise all the faults.

Hi FH.

One of the best things added to EA Sports Cricket 07 was the on-the-fly field position changes where you could change your field without leaving the in-game screen.

Please please please please can you have on-the-fly interchanges in AFL 07.

Sorry if this has been suggested many times before. It just sux having to go into all the menues to interchange players. It ruins the continuity of the game.

Thanks

This already happens in AFL2006 when you swap your tactical setups using the digital pad.
If you're referring to swapping specific players then I'm not sure we're able to accomodate at the moment.

Lets not make the game control too complicated. The way I see it is that AFL is too fast paced to be changing players around while in the middle of the game. where as cricket has a bit more downtime before each ball. Great feature for cricket games but it wouldn't have legs with and AFL title.

FH, I think this has been brought up before, but I couldn't track it down, my question is in Career mode are there any plans to have "Career Stats", such as how many games a player has played, how many goals/behinds he has scored over his career. Maybe throw in an "Injury Ratio" so you can see how many times they've been injured?
I enjoy looking through averages as well. So it could have all the stats and then an overview of the player at the top. Something like:
_______ has played _____ games and played his first game in round _____ of year______. Over his career _________ has kicked and average of ________ goals/behinds per game and _________ goals/behinds per season making his career average _______ goals/behinds.

This could go on for not just goals and games but also marks, spoils, tackles, injuries and games played in a row.

What are your thoughts on this FH?

- Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back