AFL 2016 - Round 6: Carlton v Essendon @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Got told by an awful lot of Bombers supporters that they would beat us.

Now they are climbing over each other to tell us how shit they are.

We get it, we are shit, and you guys are even shitter. But funny how the tune has changed...
Most supporters know they'll beat us and move on.

Blues act like they just beat the reigning premiers.

Pissa

Gets lost a bit plus horrible forward entries by our mids also doesn't help that all teams know if the double team him our forward line is non existent.
When your coach parks the bus and packs the backline the inside 50s are going to be generally horrible.

It will be interesting to see how the banned 12 come back as I recon there are only really 4 that you are missing. The rest are past it or never were up to it. Can't see Hocking or Howlett providing more that Kelly.

When your coach parks the bus and packs the backline the inside 50s are going to be generally horrible.

It will be interesting to see how the banned 12 come back as I recon there are only really 4 that you are missing. The rest are past it or never were up to it. Can't see Hocking or Howlett providing more that Kelly.
I think Hocking can, obviously not as good as Kelly was but will hit contests harder.
Howlett will be on the brink of first selected.

Obvious ones a Hep, Hurls and Hooker. Add in Colyer who adds much needed pace and Myers who adds much needed inside footy and we'll be much better off. Just depends how long it takes to get back into things after 12 months off. I worry about Jobe with this if he returns.

They'd be in your top 10

Agreed we were crap but I'm a bit more positive about the future.
Next year Carlton basically have today's list plus pick 3 or 4, we have 12 coming in plus pick 1.
Both sides are not playing finals anytime soon unless they recruit or draft well
Trouble is most of those who do decide to come back are shit players anyway ...the fill ins are better than them ..only a couple of decent footballers missing in reality.

Trouble is most of those who do decide to come back are shit players anyway ...the fill ins are better than them ..only a couple of decent footballers missing in reality.
I tend to agree that not all are great but add The Triple H's today and we win.
Probably only 6 or 7 would/should get a game next year

I think Hocking can, obviously not as good as Kelly was but will hit contests harder.
Howlett will be on the brink of first selected.

Obvious ones a Hep, Hurls and Hooker. Add in Colyer who adds much needed pace and Myers who adds much needed inside footy and we'll be much better off. Just depends how long it takes to get back into things after 12 months off. I worry about Jobe with this if he returns.
Rate Colyer (hoped if he walked we might have got a bargain)

Howlett will be 28 next year. His output is well down from his best year in 2012. If your first selected midfielder average 16 disposals a game you are in more trouble than I thought. Regardless he is certainly not taking the team anywhere.
Hocking played 5 games last year as a 27 year old. Will come back as at 29 and it is unlikely he will be as good as he was previously which was pretty average. Never averaged 20 possessions in 9 seasons in the midfield.

Myers is Mr potential. The big bodied midfielder who has shown glimpses but never really delivered on a regular basis. Will turn 28 next season. Might have 1 or 2 decent seasons but just as likely to be a list clogger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howlett will be 28 next year. His output is well down from his best year in 2012. If your first selected midfielder average 16 disposals a game you are in more trouble than I thought. Regardless he is certainly not taking the team anywhere.
Hocking played 5 games last year as a 27 year old. Will come back as at 29 and it is unlikely he will be as good as he was previously which was pretty average. Never averaged 20 possessions in 9 seasons in the midfield.

Myers is Mr potential. The big bodied midfielder who has shown glimpses but never really delivered on a regular basis. Will turn 28 next season. Might have 1 or 2 decent seasons but just as likely to be a list clogger.

Actually don't think Myers is Mr Potential his last 2 years have been good.

Is that what you tell yourself to make it sting less?

Aww, there there.
I know how much this means to you. You would have had cold sweats leading into this game but well done, you won the premiership.

Celebrate Frawny. YOU DID IT BABY!!

You make good points. If things go to plan we'll have Laverde and Francis taking 2 of those spots. Young kid named Redman is getting praise but you'll have to ask another Don as I don't follow Essendon VFL very strongly. Fantasia has come a long way since first drafted too. Add in Parish and the midfield isn't looking as gloomy as once was.

Desperately need another KPF and small forward, hopefully we can rectify this at trade table and draft.

I have no idea on the upcoming draft, but general rule is we take best available at pick 1 be it a mid, defender or forward. So we have this to help things too.

I know how much this means to you. You would have had cold sweats leading into this game but well done, you won the premiership.

Celebrate Frawny. YOU DID IT BABY!!
We're in a rebuilding phase, so any win's good. Especially against your mob. Whether it's 100 points or 1 points, it doesn't make one iota of difference. All I know is that you're hurting inside, after gloating in the pre-season. :$

From "lol it's Carlton we'll beat them" to "well that's a win, we're closer to the #1 pick"... funny how Essendon supporters are changing their tune. Especially laughable when they're criticising Carlton and other teams for tanking.

We're in a rebuilding phase, so any win's good. Especially against your mob. Whether it's 100 points or 1 points, it doesn't make one iota of difference. All I know is that you're hurting inside, after gloating in the pre-season. :$

From "lol it's Carlton we'll beat them" to "well that's a win, we're closer to the #1 pick"... funny how Essendon supporters are changing their tune. Especially laughable when they're criticising Carlton and other teams for tanking.
We don't need to tank to get number 1 this year, may aswell give it to us now.
As much as I hate to win the spoon we need the pick

Frawny my good man. This season was dead to me in Feb, any win is a joke, you almost lost to us. Like seriously, you played awful football with one man missing. I know the Blues are rebuilding, but man, you beat a team of kids and and rejects.....just.

We seriously got into your head preseason didn't we? You know that was all a joke too, it was preseason man. C'mon, stop mashing the keyboard.

P.S hope Weitering is all good. Gonna be a superstar that kid.

You make good points. If things go to plan we'll have Laverde and Francis taking 2 of those spots. Young kid named Redman is getting praise but you'll have to ask another Don as I don't follow Essendon VFL very strongly. Fantasia has come a long way since first drafted too. Add in Parish and the midfield isn't looking as gloomy as once was.

Desperately need another KPF and small forward, hopefully we can rectify this at trade table and draft.

I have no idea on the upcoming draft, but general rule is we take best available at pick 1 be it a mid, defender or forward. So we have this to help things too.
Ainsworth seems to be the flavour of the month for pick 1 but I hear nothing but praise for Petrovski-Seton. Definately need a big KPF, wonder if Patton is surplus to GWS and they need points to get in some of these academy guns?

Frawny my good man. This season was dead to me in Feb, any win is a joke, you almost lost to us. Like seriously, you played awful football with one man missing. I know the Blues are rebuilding, but man, you beat a team of kids and and rejects.....just.

We seriously got into your head preseason didn't we? You know that was all a joke too, it was preseason man. C'mon, stop mashing the keyboard.

P.S hope Weitering is all good. Gonna be a superstar that kid.
Sure mate, whatever. You would have enjoyed beating us and rubbing it in, admit it! I blame Malthouse for that. Even with your outs, we still don't have a forward line. Can be as defensive all we want but if we can't kick goals, it's always going to be a struggle. We need to find something that works.

Lol, no. I'm just enjoying the win. :)

Thanks. It seems a partial dislocation so far, could be back as early as next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2016 - Round 6: Carlton v Essendon @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back