AFL 2016 - Round 6: Carlton v Essendon @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell only a couple of those banned players have ever played a half decent year of football, and that was when they were on the gear

200_s.gif

Both teams lost.... one just sheepishly accepted an envelope with 4 points in it.
Jesus, you're salty! Both teams lost, what does that even mean? Carlton won, Essendon lost. This 'dozen of players' you have coming back next year, first off there's no guarantee that all of them will be back and even so Heppell, Hooker, Hurley and maybe Watson are the only ones who are going to really have an impact. You think having Tom Bellchambers and Brent Stanton back will make you a great team? You had all those players last year and you were a mess, finished bottom 4 and got smashed by average teams like St Kilda by over 100 points.

Jesus, you're salty! Both teams lost, what does that even mean? Carlton won, Essendon lost. This 'dozen of players' you have coming back next year, first off there's no guarantee that all of them will be back and even so Heppell, Hooker, Hurley and maybe Watson are the only ones who are going to really have an impact. You think having Tom Bellchambers and Brent Stanton back will make you a great team? You had all those players last year and you were a mess, finished bottom 4 and got smashed by average teams like St Kilda by over 100 points.

Your right about the likes of Stanton,Bellchambers but to be fair the team started the season well until Wada appealed and it went downhill from there. next year will the first time in 4 years they will play footy free from drug scandal so I'm willing to see how they go.

You realize 2015 form is irrelevant when it comes to 2017 right?

Our 2017 team won't be our 2015 team revisited.

We don't know what we will look like in 2017, I don't think anyone has said we will be a great team in 2017, A lot of us know we will be better in 2017 than now and a lot of us hope it's good enough to challenge in all games. Who knows what the future holds.

Jesus, you're salty! Both teams lost, what does that even mean? Carlton won, Essendon lost.
It means that the game was ugly as f*** and even though Carlton won, and it was 4 points in the bank, it was a very ugly win. Don't tell me you're downloading it to watch again.

This 'dozen of players' you have coming back next year, first off there's no guarantee that all of them will be back and even so Heppell, Hooker, Hurley and maybe Watson are the only ones who are going to really have an impact.
Yep very true. Maybe half of those players will come back, but there's some quality in there so don't ignore that.

You think having Tom Bellchambers and Brent Stanton back will make you a great team?
I'd be very surprised if Stants came back at all... and Belcho is a good average player on a good day!

You had all those players last year and you were a mess, finished bottom 4 and got smashed by average teams like St Kilda by over 100 points.
Essendon were up and firing until the news of their guilty verdict came back. The wheels fell off completely after that. If they say footy is played 90% between the ears, don't underestimate the effect that had on the players and club. It had a massive effect, absolutely.

It means that the game was ugly as f*** and even though Carlton won, and it was 4 points in the bank, it was a very ugly win. Don't tell me you're downloading it to watch again.
No, it wasn't an exciting or entertaining game, but it's 4 points none the less. Carlton didn't lose the game, Essendon did.

Yep very true. Maybe half of those players will come back, but there's some quality in there so don't ignore that.
I didn't ignore it, I listed the players who i believe will have an impact

I'd be very surprised if Stants came back at all... and Belcho is a good average player on a good day!
He's not a player who will turn your club around, Leuenberger is better and that's not saying much

Essendon were up and firing until the news of their guilty verdict came back. The wheels fell off completely after that. If they say footy is played 90% between the ears, don't underestimate the effect that had on the players and club. It had a massive effect, absolutely.
The guilty verdict wasn't announced until this January. Unless you mean the appeal was announced, which if that's the case doesn't make sense as they have been playing under this cloud in 2013 and 2014 and it wasn't used an excuse then it supposedly 'brought the team together and galvanised them'.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2016 - Round 6: Carlton v Essendon @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back