Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet, since 2011 both Richmond and Hawthorn have won three premierships already. With all that help, we must be really sh*te to not snaffle one. I think I’ll get really worried when people stop complaining about Geelong
Nah Richmond and Hawthorn overcame adversity to win. Geelong will never do that while led by a coach who squeals when things don't go his way. Hopefully the umps can hang on in the second half to get the cats over the line.

Classic Ch 7.

Hame: Who’s your best on so far?

Carey: Um, good question Hame.

Pause.

Hame: Daisy?

Pearce: Um…..Tuohy. No wait I’ve just seen Guthrie! So Guthrie.

Do they even practice this shit?

I feel like Semi Finals are usually the most boring of the finals. This one’s on a new level boring right now though… We’ll, at least for a final

Only Chris Scott could butcher having Hawkins/Cameron as his 2 main targets with reasonably capable 3rd and 4th targets (Rat and Rohan). Add in a lot of their players are naturally runners with long kicks (Duncan, Tuohy, Smith, Danger, Menegola, I'd even include Stanley in that, don't think he has much short game!) and it's a bizarre gamestyle that they actually have.
This would have more merit if the quartet you cited hadn’t kicked 4.5 in a half of football.

he’s missing the shots at goal is he?

To those not watching half time, can we stop with the irrelevant fashion statements and focus on the s**t hatred of the umpiring?

Nah Richmond and Hawthorn overcame adversity to win. Geelong will never do that while led by a coach who squeals when things don't go his way. Hopefully the umps can hang on in the second half to get the cats over the line.
I’m glad you‘re hopeful of our victory now too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal stats are currently: from stoppages,turnovers or centre breaks. Once apon a time it was: from play, marks or frees. I put it forward that the key stat remains frees, leaving us to judge if frees were warranted. Yes I'm a salty Essendon fan.

A strange phenomenon has occured , I find myself barracking for the Giants.

Here's my take so far.
The Giants haven't let Geelong slip away.

Geelong look sharper and a little better organised around the ground pick it up!
But their sharpness might fade , they've had that happen to them before.Pressure.

Geelong looked to me like they were quite capable of making the difference anything up to 5 goals maybe more.

They haven't !

The second half the Giants are in a position to begin to over run them, one reason is, the catch up is not that big?

Also because first 2 quarters Geelong were finding each other too easily, uncontested stuff. Stop it.

Man-up a bit, they don't like pressure, play finals footy style , die for it.
And make them pay for everything they get.

They have that experience and skill to pick good spots to stand at stoppages etc!
( stoppages isn't that a horrid word!)

You have to look closer and concentrate, but all I can say is don't let them get too far away their arrogance will set them on fire.
You won't catch them. They are seasoned and dangerous , but they can fall off the perch with serious hard pressure.
And they might weary themaselves maybe Giants haven't used all their petrol chasing these fancy pants?

PS forget Toby he's not there you can do it anyway?

Good luck. You've got there , go for it.

You know in pro-wrestling there is the concept of a comedy match. A match that is intentionally bad in order to get laughs. This has been the AFL equivalent.

1. Players from both sides slipping and sliding because they haven't put the right boots on
2. Shane Mumford trying to play on while being tackled
3. Gary Rohan trying to fatten up his stats by stealing the ball from Dangerfield after taking a mark and totally stuffing up any momentum the Cats had
4. Gary Rohan again busting through and spraying the ball totally burning team mates in better positions
5. The commentary - from BT's "first game of the match" to Pearce's "it makes the players nervouser" to Brayshaw totally failing to grasp that people cheering for the Giants may not be Giants fans to BT again totally proving BigFooty right again as he waffled on about St Kevin's - it's been a tremendous parody of itself
6. Bobby Hill (I laugh every time I hear the name btw) breaking through and missing the goals by a good 40 metres
7. The perplexing umpiring for both teams
8. Jason Dunstall doing his best to try and talk up the match only for Nick Riewoldt to note the standard is awful

Thanks Cats. Thanks Giants. Keep it coming.

Back