News AFL 2022 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

" Collingwood will play St Kilda and Hawthorn will play North Melbourne with the AFL able to reward football-starved fans by having all 10 Victorian teams play each other in round one giving Victorian fans the chance to see their teams live. "

St Kilda it is for round 1

Saints home game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I understand that, but I’m still allowed to be disappointed that I’m not going to the G in round 1. Particularly after the last two years.

Did you not go to any games this year?

Hopefully round 2 is at the G

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Watch the AFL send us interstate.
Saints game should be at the G with North V Hawks at Marvel.
I won’t be going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Friday night, yes...

Just weird to me that the GF replay to begin the season is on a Wednesday night.

It makes sense for a few of reasons. As a stand-alone match to kick off the season, while still maintaining the Carlton v Richmond clash on the Thursday and to implement the 5 rivalries across 5 days in Vic. As far as clever fixturing goes it’s some of the better work by the AFL. Wednesday nights are shit for parents and country supporters, but Rd 1 is when it can work.

Us against St Kilda on the Friday night at Marvel was an error though. If they’d put St Kilda v North later in the round and us against Geelong at the G they could have kicked off the season with 3 70k plus crowds, IMO.

Glad they've quickly given up on trying to make us play the Bulldogs round 1 each year. It was only ever going to benefit the Dogs, not us.

Also glad Richmond and Carlton have been shafted of the opening game, although it has been so unfair for so long that Richmond get to start the season with a win!

Bloody Marvel stadium when the G is empty. The AFL can jam round 1 up its arse.

It’s a St Kilda home game.

We wouldn’t expect Freo or Swans or Lions to play a home game at the G, why would we expect St Kilda?

I get why they are doing a wed. To make it a big Victorian footy festival all weekend. It’ll likely only be the once.

I don’t get why the AFL would put the GF replay on the Wednesday night instead of the Friday night? Yeah, Melbourne get the first game of the season, but so what? I would have thought Melbourne would be more interested in a timeslot that would maximise attendance of their fans?

It makes absolutely no sense to me …

… but as a Collingwood supporter I’ll happily take the Friday night slot.

I don’t get why the AFL would put the GF replay on the Wednesday night instead of the Friday night? Yeah, Melbourne get the first game of the season, but so what? I would have thought Melbourne would be more interested in a timeslot that would maximise attendance of their fans?

It makes absolutely no sense to me …

… but as a Collingwood supporter I’ll happily take the Friday night slot.
These are my thoughts exactly. Even though it was a drubbing, the grand final replay is always a pretty good ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back