Prediction 2022 AFL Draft - Who is “my man”?

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 10 days tk the draft!!!

As the title states who is your “man”?

I think we limit each poster to:

- only ONE post on this thread (easier to keep up with who you want);

- choosing 6 players from the draft (as we may take 4 picks); and

- who do you not want at all.

Being realistic to who you want would help (Ie Ashcroft is probably not worth writing down).

We can review post the 2 draft nights and see who got their “man”.
Your boyfriend I’m guessing

That constantly surprises me, as with the name Krugeur, he wouldn't have looked out of place in an SS uniform.

What about with the name Kreuger?

My main issue is that I don’t know who to hope for at our first pick.

I’ll give six players (as requested) who have my pre-approval for our picks in the 20’s and are somewhat realistic to be there…

Barnett
Keeler
Weddle
Hayes
Cowan
Hotton

Alright i now feel I've watched enough 90 second highlight clips to have a go.

Want:
Hayes
Hewett (doubt he gets there)
Gruzewski
Keeler
Clarke
Richards (this one may not be rational)

Don't really want hotton off his highlights but as always will assume whoever we get is a jet and the others are all meh. Open to a lot of the other names but the above are the ones that sort of excite me for whatever reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of the top 10, there are 4 players I like.

• Elijah Hewett.
  • Charlie Clarke.
  • Harry Barnett.
  • Max Gruzewski.
  • James Van Es.

I assume we're meant to guess which of the 5 you listed isn't one of the 4 you like?

Gruzewski?

Based on having watched a lot of juniors this year and potential availability at our respective picks, my desired 6 are:

Pick 16: Hewett

Pick 25: Charlie Clarke (My Man) / Lachie Cowan

Pick 27: Isaac Keeler

Pick 51: Harry Lemmey / Adam D’Aloia

Don’t want: Max Gruzewski
Where do you see Weddle?

Where do you see Weddle?

I could live with Pick 25. But on the balance of probabilities, he probably won’t be there.

I just don’t think he is an area of great need. And if I’m going for that bigger defender I think there are better options (ie Hayes at our first)

Plus you really are banking on him becoming Tom Stewart’esque at that height. Which is a big ask.

I could live with Pick 25. But on the balance of probabilities, he probably won’t be there.

I just don’t think he is an area of great need. And if I’m going for that bigger defender I think there are better options (ie Hayes at our first)

Plus you really are banking on him becoming Tom Stewart’esque at that height. Which is a big ask.
I'm of the view that you really only need one of the really tall kpds in your team. Alongside a couple of blokes who read it really well and are good in the air and preferably fast and physical like he looks.

I'm of the view that you really only need one of the really tall kpds in your team. Alongside a couple of blokes who read it really well and are good in the air and preferably fast and physical like he looks.

We’ve already got that guy who’s tall and does all those things in Darcy Moore.

If we can find a way to free him up to play his natural game more by playing a bigger key back (maybe Frampton, Dean) or drafting one (Hayes) to play on the number 1 forward, that’s the way to go IMO.

We’ve already got that guy who’s tall and does all those things in Darcy Moore.

If we can find a way to free him up to play his natural game more by playing a bigger key back (maybe Frampton, Dean) or drafting one (Hayes) to play on the number 1 forward, that’s the way to go IMO.
I want Darcy on the focal point. Those finals he played on Hawkins and then second half when he moved onto Buddy. They were awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2022 AFL Draft - Who is “my man”?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back