Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Saints v Freo Sat July 9th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was expecting the PA bloke and the MC to be much more inmyface than they were. In fact, there was very little whipping up faux excitement. Happily disappointed. I thought modern footy would be like American basketball with organs, and constant commentary on the loud speaker from comments Ive read over thecyears. Tonight, it was not.

I haven't been to a game for 30 years. Marvel has very low atmospherics. I think the younger generation is much better behaved than mine was in the day. Quiet, not much banter, respectful, civilised...dull. A sample size of one, though. I imagine the big 4 and WA SA teams at home would be much more decadent and uproarious. I didn't hearva single witicism, even the ump abuse was watered down. On the positive side, there was also no drunk bloke vomiting over the tier, nor did I see anyone pissing in the wrong place. Thoroughly civilised, and bland.

Freo saved the day, their 2nd half was top notch. I really liked how they controlled space and the ball and smothered the Saints with their debilitating structures and pressure. Very impressive. I may buy one of those nice tartan style scarfs in Freo colours, they look nice and will go well with my mostly black attire.

I think Ive seen them once and the only reason I went because it was a corporate box.

Scratch the dandruff out of my hair, if Freo are playing Carlton in Melbourne, you are saying that you probably wouldn’t go ?.

To me, if Carlton are playing in Melbourne, you should be making every attempt to attend. Otherwise you are a faux supporter.

Very enjoyable watching the few Saints supporters that were there blowing their top over a holding the ball where the umpire 5 meters away in perfect viewing position made the correct call and the rapid lunatics sitting 100m away think they are right. Then to dissent call and the goal to top it all off. Good times, good times.

They were playing a team that 99% of Vic supporters couldn't give a stuff about.

So Victorian fans only show up to watch the opposition?

I'll never understand why Vics think this is an insult to their non-Vic opponents when it really just exposes what theatre goers they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a copout. Freo are a top 4 side, Stk vying for a spot in the 8, how much of an incentive did a Stk member need to get their arse to Marvel tonight?

Pathetic attrndance.
I'm glad this has been brought up in this thread.

Amongst those 21,000 attendees were four neutrals from my family who were accompanying Freo supporting friends visiting from WA.

We were talking about this very topic last night, and the fact that with crowds like this at possibly St Kilda's most important game of the season, it is not sustainable to continue to prop up the likes of St Kilda, North and the Bulldogs in this national competition.

I'll give it 10 years.

It is becoming a common theme in every st kilda loss, irrespective of margin, that they get smashed by the umpires.

Maybe if more of their supporters turn up, the BOOOOOOOS and noises of affirmation will be more prominent from their supporter base so as to properly influence the decision making of the umpires.

Credit to the umpires, they swung momentum to Freo when it counted, Stevic was enormous, we tried to fight back but the umpires were too good.

Poor old sheep shagger and his moral victories.

Perhaps you should turn some of that rage towards your overpaid mercenary pack and their willingness to play maybe a third of a game of footy at full tilt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Saints v Freo Sat July 9th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Back