Opinion AFL 2024 Finals Week 3 - Weekend Wrap & Liked, Learnt, Hated PRELIMINARY FINALS EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: Brisbane Winning.

Learnt: (Always known) speed of ball movement will trouble any team..once the game opened up and the lions went quickly with the ball the cats were exposed defencely. Move the ball quick and don't let Geelong set up behind the ball and their vulnerable.

Hated: Swans/Port preliminary lacked intensity Port weren't simply at the races and had obviously used everything they had mentally to beat Hawthorn the previous week. They played 3 finals and were about 20 goals in the negative.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I learnt that the northern academies give an unfair advantage and should be stopped immediately :p .
Only joking, relax, just having a bit of fun.
Great effort by all four teams.
Brisbane are the complete team and have all lines covered.
Sydney are very damaging and have class to burn.
Geelong did well, when you think of the deficiencies in their midfield.
Port keep surprising. Ken does so well to keep that team up, with the very poor list they have.
For a team to drop away so dramatically after their top 4 or 5 players, it annoys me how consistent they are.

Should be a great GF and well done to both teams.

I learnt that the northern academies give an unfair advantage and should be stopped immediately :p .
Only joking, relax, just having a bit of fun.
Great effort by all four teams.
Brisbane are the complete team and have all lines covered.
Sydney are very damaging and have class to burn.
Geelong did well, when you think of the deficiencies in their midfield.
Port keep surprising. Ken does so well to keep that team up, with the very poor list they have.
For a team to drop away so dramatically after their top 4 or 5 players, it annoys me how consistent they are.

Should be a great GF and well done to both teams.

Ports top 4 or 5 aren’t the class of the top teams 4 or 5. But they are still young like the Hawks

Loved Sook Scott pulling out the "gastro" excuse after another prelim loss lmao.

When did he do this

He gave a 14 minute press conference.

Holmes’ illness was reported BEFORE the game as he trained separately from his teammates. With 20 seconds remaining in his presser, a reporter mentioned this and the staffers with COVID and asked if it impacted the rest of the group. He said ‘max had a bit of gastro. You saw the masks.’ Then stood up and left. Oh yes he really went to town on that excuse. He spent so much of the presser focusing on it: especially when they spoke at length about Holmes himself earlier in the conference. He was obviously dying to get that out there

When did he do this

He gave a 14 minute press conference.

Holmes’ illness was reported BEFORE the game as he trained separately from his teammates. With 20 seconds remaining in his presser, a reporter mentioned this and the staffers with COVID and asked if it impacted the rest of the group. He said ‘max had a bit of gastro. You saw the masks.’ Then stood up and left. Oh yes he really went to town on that excuse. He spent so much of the presser focusing on it: especially when they spoke at length about Holmes himself earlier in the conference. He was obviously dying to get that out there
Sometimes "excuses" like illness and injury are actually reasons

With 20 seconds remaining in his presser, a reporter mentioned this and the staffers with COVID and asked if it impacted the rest of the group. He said ‘max had a bit of gastro. You saw the masks.’ Then stood up and left.
Almost as subtle as: "there were reasons why we lost but I won't say what they are, because you will find out later"

Almost as subtle as: "there were reasons why we lost but I won't say what they are, because you will find out later"

Subtle? He answered the question:
‘We know a player was sick and some staff were sick, what was the issue.’

‘Yes, that player had this illness - a minor one. The player I mentioned earlier who was dominating the game for a while - I actually used the word dominating, so clearly that illness he had during the week, is why we lost. Oh, and some of our guys had masks on.’

No, he went all out on the excuse front.

Liked/learned: Oscar McInerney. Being one tough hombre.

That was awesome. He looked like his injury was making him physically ill. To come back on was stupendous

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AFL 2024 Finals Week 3 - Weekend Wrap & Liked, Learnt, Hated PRELIMINARY FINALS EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Back