Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that nick Blakey a shape shifter?

Yeah sure dominated against a poor WCE

They had a significantly better percentage than any club from 2023. Including Collingwood.

A backline which featured McGovern, Sheppard & Hurn. That's a lot of All Australians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once is more than enough for me but enjoy.

It was a great game that had many awesome moments throughout. I'm going to start a replay at 7pm :D

And like I wrote earlier I'll be buying the dvd, the bluray, the victory pack, the season overview box set

It's good to be a footy fan! :p

Thanks everyone! It’s been a really good match thread and can’t wait till next season already!

Commiserations to the Swans, your club always bounces back but shit like this hurts for a while for sure.
Congrats to all our Brissie BF users…enjoy!

:brisbane:

It’s crazy that Leigh is only 9 years older than Fages.

Lachie Neale will be pissed he didnt win

Gee whiz I was contemplating laying a couple of hundred bucks on Sydney winning the flag based on them playing just 2 home games in stark contrast to the Lions playing one easy home game but then having to travel to Sydney and come back from behind from one of the biggest margins on record against the Giants and then traveling once more to Melbourne and again having to come back from behind to win, albeit a smaller margin that time around.

I didn't think the Lions would have much left in the tank after all that. I might be wrong but it's not often you see a team having to travel twice to win a flag. Can't say that I'm not feeling a little deflated as I, right or wrongly, feel that that cup should have been lifted today by the Geelong boys instead.

Last edited:
It was a great game that had many awesome moments throughout. I'm going to start a replay at 7pm :D

And like I wrote earlier I'll be buying the dvd, the bluray, the victory pack, the season overview box set

It's good to be a footy fan! :p
Swans hater or footy fan? Totally onboard either option!
Edit: personally i am very much less the former since Buddy retired.

Gee whiz I was contemplating laying a couple of hundred bucks on Sydney winning the flag based on them playing just 2 home games in stark contrast to the Lions playing one easy home game but then having to travel to Sydney and come back from behind against the Giants in one of the biggest margins on record and then traveling once more to Melbourne and again having to come back from behind to win, albeit a smaller margin that time around.

I didn't think the Lions would have much left in the tank after all that. I might be wrong but it's not often you see a team having to travel twice to win a flag. Can't say that I'm not feeling a little deflated as I, right or wrongly, feel that that cup should have been lifted today by the Geelong boys instead.
It helps when it's two Non Victorian teams.
Sydney at MCG is infinitely better then Geelong on GF Day.
The fact they pulled off the prelim v Geelong gave them so much confidence.

The first week v Carlton was break essentially.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL: 2024 Premiers BRISBANE LIONS

Back