Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Put simply, Sydney's best players didn't turn up for a four quarter Grand Final.

Their pressure gauge statistic was 158. Their lowest in two years and lower than the 2022 GF.
About 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter they looked cooked, no effort and just giving the ball straight back. Brisbane missed a few chances but eventually it was curtains 10mins later.

The only thing Sydney fans should be doing is stop worrying about other clubs and focus on their team, more specifically focus on their coach and place a * next to his name (Longmire) because his record as coach in Grand Finals is absolutely poor.

Why should there be an asterisk next to his name?

He’s still won one. Does it not count somehow?

There’s 10 current coaches who haven’t, and none of them have the overall record he does.

Well done Brisbane, Neale also gets that Elusive Premiership medal, bloody deserved it too. Been a great player!

Ashcroft did something Daicos couldn't, win the Normsmith in his 2nd season of AFL footy. A little brother coming this draft too, Brisbane may be up for awhile yet.

Genuinely think any of Geelong or GWS would have beaten Sydney today as well. Think Geelong missed out on a gift wrapped flag by losing last week
Well GWS had their shot when playing Sydney, and put the bullet in their own foot, so I don't it is right to now say they would have beaten Sydney on GF day.

Congratulations Lions well deserved. Today the AFL world realised they are a very good "team". Extra happy for Denis Pagan Fagan. As for the Swans, Karma is a bitch. If you think winning is about ducking and diving for free kicks you are wrong and we're exposed Today. In particular that little beauty Papply. Got what you deserved...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney playing for frees early on was very uncharacteristic for him
I thought it was the embodiment of him as a footballer. Champion player, big time player (apart from GFs), I want him on my team.

But, like Dangerfield, he throws his body around unnecessarily in packs and marking contests, then has the audacity to get up and complain to the umpire. Very unbecoming and one of the reasons I don't warm to him anywhere near as much as the wider footballing public.

No idea why people are lauding Rampe's speech. Respect to him giving due credit to the opposition but the "we can be proud boys"... nah **** that. You should be ashamed.
Giving that speech in that moment is like being forced to watch a sex tape of your girlfriend with another bloke and give your immediate thoughts. There have been some total stinkers (ie Hird ‘01).

He did well to hold it together so well. He’s probably trying to put a positive spin on it so it doesn’t become a Crows ‘17 implosion.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL: 2024 Premiers BRISBANE LIONS

Back