Preview AFL 2024 Round 17 - GWS v Blues Sat July 6th 7:30pm AEST (Engie)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS-vs-Carlton.png

10th v 2nd

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY V CARLTON
SATURDAY JULY 6TH 7:30PM AEST (ENGIE STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:

To be announced.

Watch
this thread to be alerted when teams drop.

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Thursday Match - Wednesday 6:20pm
Friday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Saturday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

I think this game and the Pies game are our two biggest tests for the rest of H&A.
Not discounting the Port game, but I feel a little more confident with that being at Marvel, and not saying that we won't necessarily lose one of the others against the lower teams that we shouldn't. Anything's possible this year.

I don't know which way to lean for this one. I have confidence in our team, but GWS are still a good side, despite some dodgy results of late.
I think it will be close and could go either way.

Blues will blow us away, we always seem to give a team a quarter to do it and Carlton will take advantage.

Interesting. I am not as confident.

Yes we are going beautifully at the moment. Very happy with what I am seeing, it's hard not to be impressed. But I am also realistic and expect us to drop points at the back end of the season.

GWS are not playing well but I have a lot of respect for the club and am still a believer in their quality under Kingsley. They have more than enough quality to turn things around.

It would not surprise me at all should this be the game that reignites your season.

Looks like it's gonna rain all weekend in Sydney which will somewhat nullify McKay/DeKoning/Charlie. The scoreline against the Tiges probably belies what a wet-weather slog the game actually was, and I imagine there's gonna be some sore bodies, or a few who don't come up.

GWS are also much better than they've been showing, and will be desperate not to lose touch with the Top 8.

GWS by 22.

Interesting. I am not as confident.

Yes we are going beautifully at the moment. Very happy with what I am seeing, it's hard not to be impressed. But I am also realistic and expect us to drop points at the back end of the season.

GWS are not playing well but I have a lot of respect for the club and am still a believer in their quality under Kingsley. They have more than enough quality to turn things around.

It would not surprise me at all should this be the game that reignites your season.
You mustn’t of watched us this past month and a bit.

I have. It hasn't been pretty.

I do know though that form is temporary so I'm expecting the Giants to turn things around at some stage. To what extent remains to be seen.

Taylor out is big obviously, and Kelly now out for a while is huge. He always kills us.

We'll see. Carlton may well win this, I'm just saying it won't be a huge surprise to me if they don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprising but I haven’t been able to watch much footy as of the last 2-3 rounds. Still possible to make the 8 but Haynes and Taylor outs have caused some issues with the GWS backline

Back