Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - North v Suns Sat July 6th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North-Melbourne-vs-Goldcoast.png

18th v 11th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
NORTH MELBOURNE V GOLD COAST
FRI SATURDAY 5TH 1:45PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

KANGAROOS
B: A.Corr, C.Comben, T.Pink
HB: J.Archer, H.Sheezel, L.McDonald
C: D.Stephens, L.Davies-Uniacke, C.McKercher
HF: D.Tucker, B.Teakle, E.Ford
F: P.Curtis, N.Larkey, C.Zurhaar
FOLL: T.Xerri, T.Powell, J.Simpkin - C

I/C: C.Taylor, B.Scott, L.Shiels, W.Phillips, K.Dawson
EMG: R.Hardeman, C.Lazzaro, R.Hansen Jr

IN: C.McKercher
OUT: Z.Fisher (Injured)

SUNS
B: S.Collins, M.Andrew, C.Ballard
HB: S.Flanders, W.Powell, B.Uwland
C: N.Holman, W.Graham, S.Clohesy
HF: T.Berry, T.Miller - C, B.Long
F: B.King, S.Day, J.Lukosius
FOLL: N.Moyle, N.Anderson, M.Rowell

I/C: A.Sexton, B.Ainsworth, B.Humphrey, D.Swallow, J.Jeffrey
EMG: R.Atkins, B.Fiorini, J.Tsitas

IN: N.Moyle
OUT: J.Witts (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Cautiously optimistic. Under normal circumstances I'd be confident after the way we played against Collingwood, but a lot has been made of our inability to win on the road this year and there's no doubt we'll hear more about it in the lead up to this one. Hopefully we can put that narrative to bed on Saturday arvo and the footy public as a whole start to take us seriously as a potential finals team this year.

Suns by 22 points.

Hopefully we can put that narrative to bed on Saturday arvo and the footy public as a whole start to take us seriously as a potential finals team this year.

A win vs 18th placed North Melbourne won’t do that. You are strong favourites to win.

Do it vs GWS in a few weeks and you might turn a few heads.

I'll be there so hopefully a good game!

Suns have 3 more home wins so that gets them to 11 wins. So they need to win at least 2 of their away games

Luckily they play the bottom 3 sides away so they should make finals

A win vs 18th placed North Melbourne won’t do that. You are strong favourites to win.

It's not so much about the quality of the opponent as much as it's about getting a win on the road for the first time this year. Right now the narrative is that the Suns can't win away and maybe that has started to creep into the minds of the players. That narrative can be killed on Saturday with a win and hopefully the boys can then carry it nto the next away game against GWS in Sydney. Win both and we're really starting to cook.

It's not so much about the quality of the opponent as much as it's about getting a win on the road for the first time this year.

Great, but you are favorites in this game because your opponent is 18th with 1 win from 15 games.

Doing the absolute bare minimum expected of you in this one single game will not put any narrative to bed. Most people will be able to contextualise it a little better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great, but you are favorites in this game because your opponent is 18th with 1 win from 15 games.

Doing the absolute bare minimum expected of you in this one single game will not put any narrative to bed. Most people will be able to contextualise it a little better than that.
North play different footy last 4 games.

So what? You’re still expected to win.
Sure. All I am saying that North play very good footy recently. They challenged good teams and were a bit unlucky. Who cares if they are 18th with 1 win. Different team now. Who cares if Suns are favourites by bookies. It will not be easy game like in round 9. Especially on the road. It would not surprise if North win.

Last edited:
Sure. All I am saying that North play very good footy recently. They challenged good teams and were a bit unlucky. Who cares if they are 18th with 1 win. Who cares if Suns are favourites by bookies. It will not be easy game like in round 9. Especially on the road. It would not surprise if North win.

I don’t disagree but none of that has anything to do with the original discussion.

Winning this doesn’t all of a sudden change the general perception about the Suns.

I don’t disagree but none of that has anything to do with the original discussion.

Winning this doesn’t all of a sudden change the general perception about the Suns.
If Suns win, the perception will change a bit, I say. Not that I care. Most general perception (Melbourne) does not reflect what's going on with Suns.

Last edited:
If Suns win, the perception will change a bit, I say.

I don’t.

Unless you think it’s a positive change to go from “can’t win in Melbourne” to “can only beat 18th in Melbourne”.

Not that I care. Most general perception (Melbourne) does not reflect what's going on with Suns.

Yeah we have no idea about footy down here…

I don’t.

Unless you think it’s a positive change to go from “can’t win in Melbourne” to “can only beat 18th in Melbourne”.

I don’t.

Talking about Suns, yes, most of you have no idea😂

If Suns win, the perception will change a bit, I say. Not that I care. Most general perception (Melbourne) does not reflect what's going on with Suns.
No, but if they lose it will be massively reinforced. Any side with top 16 ambitions should beat North; home, away, neutral, or drunk. (Just by 8-10 goals less than they would have done in round April)

I don’t.

As the saying goes, you can only beat who is in front of you. A win over the Roos in Melbourne is still a win away from home and since the media have become obsessed with the narrative that we can't win away from home, this one will mean more to us than it would if it was just an ordinary home game against the North. Plus, we showed our best footy of the season (so far) in the Collingwood win last week so it's not like we're just beating up on terrible teams every week.

Your original point was that a win in this game won't convince people that we're a potential finals team this year. IMO if you're placed inside the top 8 going into round 18 then you have to be considered a potential finals team for that season. Win here and it's pretty likely we end round 17 inside the top 8.

Your original point was that a win in this game won't convince people that we're a potential finals team this year. IMO if you're placed inside the top 8 going into round 18 then you have to be considered a potential finals team for that season. Win here and it's pretty likely we end round 17 inside the top 8.

Oh, you must’ve misunderstood.

Let me quote myself again:

No, the original discussion was not about finals, but rather about winning away from home.

Something you haven’t done once all season.

Appreciate you’re looking for baby steps, but a win against 18th placed North Melbourne won’t change the narrative in any meaningful way, for anyone other than perhaps the most simple of minds.

Everyone will recognize it was against 18th placed North Melbourne who have won 1 game.

As I said, do it in Western Sydney in a few weeks and you may turn a few heads.

Hopefully that clarifies things a little for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - North v Suns Sat July 6th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Back