Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Suns v Port Sun July 14th 1:10pm AEST (People First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-Port-Adelaide.png

12th v 6th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 18
GOLD COAST V PORT ADELAIDE
SUNDAY JULY 14TH 1:10PM AEST (PEOPLE FIRST STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
GOLD COAST SUNS v PORT ADELAIDE

Sunday July 14, 1:10pm at People First Stadium

SUNS

B: S. Collins, W. Powell, M. Andrew
HB: C. Ballard, B. Uwland, J. Jeffrey
C: N. Holman, N. Anderson - C, S. Clohesy
HF: B. Humphrey, M. Rosas, B. Ainsworth
F: B. King, B. Long, J. Lukosius
FOLL: N. Moyle, S. Flanders, M. Rowell

I/C (FROM): A. Davies, A. Sexton, T. Berry, J. Walter, D. Swallow, C. Budarick, L. Johnston

IN: M. Rosas, A. Davies, J. Walter, C. Budarick, L. Johnston
OUT: T. Miller (Injured), S. Day (Injured)

POWER

B: K. Farrell, B. Zerk-Thatcher, M. Bergman
HB: L. Evans, A. Aliir, D. Houston
C: T. Boak, O. Wines, W. Drew
HF: D. Byrne-Jones, T. Marshall, J. Finlayson
F: J. Mead, O. Lord, C. Rozee - C
FOLL: J. Sweet, J. Horne-Francis, Z. Butters

I/C (FROM): C. Dixon, J. Burgoyne, La.Jones, Q. Narkle, J. McEntee, W. Lorenz, F. Evans

IN: C. Dixon, J. McEntee, D. Visentini, W. Lorenz
OUT: M. Georgiades (Suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

What a crazy streak, for the Suns to have beaten Port in their first meeting in 2011(in Adelaide) and then never beat them again.

Port must've made some solemn promise to never lose to them again and have kept it!

what if thats the week they sack simmo and get the new coach "bounce"?
Possible. Since I’m travelling over for the game (was at dons and north games this year at home - and haven’t been at a home win since 2019 Elim Final vs Essendon), Suns probably the safer pick. Does also look like our next win opportunity, but suns mids should stomp ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast easily will win like Brisbane did against Port a few weeks back, especially since Kenny puts his nepotism ahead of Port's chances to win when he gifts cooked Charlie on crutches a game.

Port played with raw emotion against the Bulldogs. That is now all expended and losing Georgiades will not help either.

If our mids don't back up their performance from last week then Suns have got this pretty easily.
I think The Bulldogs were all injured and tired when they played Port, Port will get too cocky, this week, and lose like they did against Brisbane. And they're bringing in cooked Dixon who can't move, and are losing their in form forward Georgiades to suspension, who was carrying their forward line.

Could be the first coach this year to take down Dimma at home. Already ran rings around Chris Scott down at Geelong this season.
And orchestrated a 41 point comeback. Genius coach who deserves a long extension with an unlimited supply of Pepsi Max/Coke Zero

The Suns’ inability to beat Port Adelaide since that inaugural win is one of those strange, persistent records which could really do with ending.

In terms of keys to the game I think team defence and midfield accountability are where focus has to be. The Power are aggressive and will look to target any holes in the zone or lay runners. If anyone in the middle isn’t pulling their weight it will be shown up on Sunday. Lots of fans have been calling the midfield self-centred in their approach and I’m unconvinced by this. But if they get torn apart from kick-ins and turnovers this weekend then I think they may be on to something.

Rowell and Anderson have to take responsibility, they will have younger midfield partners and no experienced campaigners to back them up. They have to show the Port crew how its done in Queensland. Keep the stoppage an even contest and we win the game off the back of turnover simple as.

A Port win means season over so the mission is clear. They are potent but not without flaws, the sort of team we should deal with at Carrara. Get it done and 4 wins from 6 doesn’t seem outside the realms of possibility.

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...ower-preview-how-to-end-an-irritating-record/

Back