Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Hawks v North Sat Aug 24th 12:30pm AEST (Uni Of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-North-Melbourne.png

7th v 17th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
HAWTHORN V NORTH MELBOURNE
SATURDAY AUGUST 24TH 12:30pm AEST (UTAS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
HAWKS

B: J. Weddle, S. Frost, J. Impey
HB: M. D’Ambrosio, J. Sicily - C, J. Scrimshaw
C: C. Nash, C. Macdonald, K. Amon
HF: L. Breust, C. Dear, F. Maginness
F: C. Mackenzie, M. Chol, N. Watson
FOLL: L. Meek, D. Moore, J. Newcombe

I/C: H. Morrison, B. Hardwick, J. Ginnivan, J. Worpel, J. Gunston
EMG: J. Serong, J. Ward, N. Reeves

IN: F. Maginness
OUT: W. Day (Injured)

KANGAROOS
B: J. Archer, A. Corr, L. McDonald
HB: B. Scott, T. Powell, C. McKercher
C: L. Shiels, L. Davies-Uniacke, D. Stephens
HF: D. Tucker, Z. Fisher, C. Zurhaar
F: P. Curtis, N. Larkey, B. Teakle
FOLL: T. Xerri, G. Wardlaw, J. Simpkin - C

I/C: W. Phillips, T. Pink, B. Drury, K. Dawson, R. Hansen Jr
EMG: W. Dawson, C. Lazzaro, E. Ford

IN: W. Phillips, T. Pink, B. Drury
OUT: C. Comben (Injured), M. Bergman (Injured), E. Ford (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Hawthorn will go into the finals series as premiership favourites, they will win this by 100 points, now that could go against them in what will be a cutthroat final probably against the Dogs?

Hawthorn will go into the finals series as premiership favourites, they will win this by 100 points, now that could go against them in what will be a cutthroat final probably against the Dogs?
Other than Sydney being camped in 1st, every other spot in the top 8 has multiple permutations.
Port and GWS are locked for top 4, but need to play for a home Qualifying Final.

Obviously, Hawks need to win to guarantee our spot (though we can still make it if we lose and other results go our way).

We can still finish anywhere from 4th to 9th depending on this weekend's results which is crazy.

Day and Scrimshaw out will hurt us, but CJ should be back to take Scrimshaw's spot and join in the Amon/Weddle wing rotations.

We have good mid depth. Mackenzie will take Day's spot, but it will be interesting to see who of Ward (most likely), Hustwaite or Maginness gets the call up.

Other than Sydney being camped in 1st, every other spot in the top 8 has multiple permutations.
Port and GWS are locked for top 4, but need to play for a home Qualifying Final.

Obviously, Hawks need to win to guarantee our spot (though we can still make it if we lose and other results go our way).

We can still finish anywhere from 4th to 9th depending on this weekend's results which is crazy.

Day and Scrimshaw out will hurt us, but CJ should be back to take Scrimshaw's spot and join in the Amon/Weddle wing rotations.

We have good mid depth. Mackenzie will take Day's spot, but it will be interesting to see who of Ward (most likely), Hustwaite or Maginness gets the call up.
It would be great to see Hustwaite get the call up but I don't think we can afford to risk not selecting the most experienced line up possible. I think CJ and Ward is the most obvious option, with Maginness a chance if they choose to tag Sheezel.

It would be great to see Hustwaite get the call up but I don't think we can afford to risk not selecting the most experienced line up possible. I think CJ and Ward is the most obvious option, with Maginness a chance if they choose to tag Sheezel.
Sheezel might not play, but Maginness could also tag LDU if needed.

I'd like to see Ward given the opportunity, but Sam might want to get a tagging game into Maginness before the finals so he can line up on a Bont or Cripps as needed.

Sheezel might not play, but Maginness could also tag LDU if needed.

I'd like to see Ward given the opportunity, but Sam might want to get a tagging game into Maginness before the finals so he can line up on a Bont or Cripps as needed.
I wasn't aware about Sheezel, but yes Maginess hasn't been used in a tagging role for some time so it would be good to sharpen him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Hawthorn dropping the bundle and losing... But am worried it will be slog resulting in a small margin win. This would allow Carlton to calculate what they need to exceed the Hawks percentage and send us to the Gabba week 1 (assuming dogs beat GWS)

Who is playing better and more consistent football than the dreaded Hawks at the moment? Get your hand off it and recognise the facts.
The Bulldogs look pretty dangerous to me at the moment but I would have Gws as the favourites at the moments as they have won their last seven matches and will have a top 4 finish.

Real taking it personally vibes from one side here

Such a interesting comparison at the start of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Hawks v North Sat Aug 24th 12:30pm AEST (Uni Of Tas)

Back