Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Tbf day one patches can add a tonne

I think I played AO tennis while the day one patch was installing and everything was broken
It's true it's just also weird how common place this seems to be becoming. I remember back in the day, consoles especially, how new games were actually complete and polished.

So you're heavily criticizing it without even being able to play? Nice one lol
I don’t think not being able to play invalidates any criticism, especially when it’s not even related to the gameplay itself, but more so the critical elements of the game not present, which were promised and even present in trailer descriptions. Do you really need to be able to play to make those criticisms?

A few examples from recent Big Ant early releases that were nearly game-breaking bugs:

1) AFL Live 1 had the man on the mark who could move around on an angle and smother a player taking a set shot (remember the players kicked on exaggerated arcs)

2) Don Bradman 14 had a but where bowlers would not regain their stamina. This meant that after 4 overs fast bowlers could only bowl at about 110 km/h and would never recover

3) Cricket 22 was overall a buggy mess compared to the polish Cricket 19 became, but ultimately this was fixed.

I do think that there will be tweaks to the AI and bugs fixed. I am worried about features that are missing though.

Tv

Ok now thats harsh even for me lmfao.
maybe a little, but still

how does this game have less depth than evo 2? its insane.

Ross was literally laughing at evo 2's launch. why can't we do the same at this launch?

It's true it's just also weird how common place this seems to be becoming. I remember back in the day, consoles especially, how new games were actually complete and polished.
I don’t mind if the patch is actually there day one, in this case, it’s still ‘technically’ pre-release.

Day one patches is probably the price we pay for continual patching of games throughout its lifetime

Official Launch Trailer:

includes pro team

Actual Launch:
League Of Legends Lol GIF by G2 Esports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70gb download and it’s missing a lot of stuff is very odd aha but my download has finally hit 50% fml
Not really. It's pretty modern game dev. Many games' base version, despite being large, is missing features that are added in with a day one patch. In some cases games are unplayable without it. Things like stats and tactics won't add a lot to file size. It's the base assets you're getting.

Best case there is just a licensing delay and the state leagues will make it in an early patch. Not optimistic though.

T

False advertising

Can't bigantstudios be sued under the consumer act??
technically if its in the day one patch it would be included in the 'launch' aspect of the game, so no wrongdoing.

but if it isn't in the day one patch then there is definite cause for refunding the game (if you want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back