Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Gonna have to wait and see what the PS version has, We know the Day 1 patch has already been pushed but no one has it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
i feel like maybe we get the day 1 patch when the PS version is out as that coincides with nacon? i could be speaking out of my ass with that and be completely wrong but yea just a thought ahah

Gonna have to wait and see what the PS version has, We know the Day 1 patch has already been pushed but no one has it

It's gonna be mega interesting for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracts and the draft look promising, although obviously need some patching.

Being able to offer deals up to 9 years and either frontload or backload them is definitely a good addition. Players seemed to recognise if you were underselling them for their future years if they were young which is also good.

You can offer your players contracts in the middle of a season too which is great. Also the player draft history and potential in the information is also nice to see.

I believe if Big Ant can fix a lot of these issues we'll comfortably have the best AFL game we've had. But there's certainly a lot that needs to be done. I guess by the time my copy arrives we'll have a decent game :(

Initial impressions - PC:-

• looks great
  • it's not finished, we're going to have to be patient here I guess. A LOT of bugs and heaps missing, way more than you'd expect.
  • biggest concern - the contests feel a little off. It is a lot easier to mark than defend for example.
  • But overall a lot to love. Game play is pretty good, graphics are fantastic for an AFL game and the commentary is a lot more nuanced. Buggy sure, but nuanced with observations you would only include if you understood the game.

But yeah no stats, no community stuff (pretty sure), no gameplay sliders and so on. We just have to wait I guess.

Appreciate those who dropped in

Pros:
-Game play is much smoother than other builds
-animations far less janky than other builds
-trade and draft stuff Is pretty good!
-state league and U18 players are 100% there

Things to fix IMO
-wind reading needs to be bolder
-obviously the rest of thr players scans for state leagues
-full time minutes score on simmed games.
-variety of free kicks
-stats in game
-interchange didn't work at times

Ill add more tomorrow, it's 3am and I'm fried

Despite some obvious fixes to come it still plays better than anything we have had already.

So IMO it's only going to improve once the patches hit.

No stats tracking in game and at the break is a huge deal breaker. Like how do you put in a recording and the song being sang in the rooms but not stats at the breaks. I’m baffled by some of the priorities. Between that and being an Xbox owner might just find it a miss which saddens me

Just played my first game which was a Showdown, I won by 112 points on medium as Port. The game's AI is completely broken, the opposition players were always either standing around or running away from me. I ran into many open goals with no pressure at all, that would never happen in Live 1 in the manner I did in 23. The player movement is really bad, the players don't orientate properly, they're running backwards, when I'm moving the thumbstick forwards or sideways. That would never happen in Live 1, the players would move properly. Live 1 blitzes 23 out of the water when it comes to player movement and AI. They're really going to have to fix this up. I'm a bit shocked how much of a downgrade it is compared to Live 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back