Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Right now (among the bugs, teleporting tackles and crashes), I'd place the game at about AFL '99 Playstation level (so that's roughly not at the bottom of the pile, but not quite half way either lol).

There's a good game buried in the confusion of the control scheme, the pace of the game (still finding the right balance on pc.... I tried 60fps and uncapped.... 30fps is much more manageable!), the odd ball physics at times. It's true potential will lie in whatever tweaks to the gameplay occur over the next month.

That default camera was shocking, my eye sight couldn't handle seeing the players THAT small lol. Immediately tweaked it.

I'd like more free flowing game play but I understand that's boring and we DON'T want game play that results in bad AI that allows 1 player to run from the backline to their own forward pocket and score without being challenged.

In saying that I wouldn't want to see the ball become a magnet and have 4-6+ swarm the ball carrier at ALL times.

I'm only semi invested at this stage, was keen on Xbox.... not so keen when things started going down hill in the leadup to the April date, then the delay, and what's occurred in the weeks since. But as fate would have it, had the opportunity give the pc version a go late yesterday.

Oh wow, thanks to this thread I’m getting notifications suggesting he who shall not be named from YouTube 🫠🫠

BA will earn a lot of good will once the patches keep rolling around. What’s done is done but credit where it’s due they’re trying to fix it.
Lol what?

You're giving them credit for fixing the game? You realise they're getting paid for this right?

Right now (among the bugs, teleporting tackles and crashes), I'd place the game at about AFL '99 Playstation level (so that's roughly not at the bottom of the pile, but not quite half way either lol).

There's a good game buried in the confusion of the control scheme, the pace of the game (still finding the right balance on pc.... I tried 60fps and uncapped.... 30fps is much more manageable!), the odd ball physics at times. It's true potential will lie in whatever tweaks to the gameplay occur over the next month.

That default camera was shocking, my eye sight couldn't handle seeing the players THAT small lol. Immediately tweaked it.

I'd like more free flowing game play but I understand that's boring and we DON'T want game play that results in bad AI that allows 1 player to run from the backline to their own forward pocket and score without being challenged.

In saying that I wouldn't want to see the ball become a magnet and have 4-6+ swarm the ball carrier at ALL times.

I'm only semi invested at this stage, was keen on Xbox.... not so keen when things started going down hill in the leadup to the April date, then the delay, and what's occurred in the weeks since. But as fate would have it, had the opportunity give the pc version a go late yesterday.
Unplayable level. You can make turns in AFL 99 unlike this. How anyone can play it is beyond me, when you can't even move the players where you want. That should have been in the first patch to fix the movement, why are they patching everything but that most basic component?

I'll say it one more time. There are legal ramifications for publicly listed companies if they make a direct public apology in a situation like this.
And this decision would be made in France, not at Big Ant.
Don't take it personally or be disappointed - it very likely won't have been a decision that Ross can make.
And actions do speak louder than words right now.

You are talking out of your arse here, 'legal ramifications' 😂
An apology does not consitute admitting liability or fault in virtually any area of law.

There are potential share price ramifications and that's it; it's all to protect their own interests. Whether that directive is coming from Nacon is another matter, but the AFL game would be a drop in the ocean.

Unplayable level. You can make turns in AFL 99 unlike this. How anyone can play it is beyond me, when you can't even move the players where you want. That should have been in the first patch to fix the movement, why are they patching everything but that most basic component?

Have to ensure the game doesn't crash before (slowly) addressing every issue.

You are talking out of your arse here, 'legal ramifications' 😂
An apology does not consitute admitting liability or fault in virtually any area of law.

There are potential share price ramifications and that's it; it's all to protect their own interests. Whether that directive is coming from Nacon is another matter, but the AFL game would be a drop in the ocean.
Better than an apology would be to either fix this asap or take it off the market and refund people, go back to developing it.

Hope people stop with the comments about BigAnt “finding what went wrong” with the launch. This is the game and we are the testers, as evidenced by Ross’ comment about smaller dev teams using consumers as testers
In the credits, there were a lot of people credited as testers. I don't know if they were all canned, after day 1 or what.

Better than an apology would be to either fix this asap
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the credits, there were a lot of people credited as testers. I don't know if they were all canned, after day 1 or what.
Yeah they definitely have a QA team… and I highly doubt that team played the version that was eventually the released game.
Also, I don’t mind the call out to PC players to try the preview builds of the patches… would definitely put my hand up if I had the PC version.

Yeah they definitely have a QA team… and I highly doubt that team played the version that was eventually the released game.
Also, I don’t mind the call out to PC players to try the preview builds of the patches… would definitely put my hand up if I had the PC version.
Exactly. No one in their right mind would have willingly released the version that did. It would have been all round delayed again.

I’ve been one of their biggest detractors on here. I’m pointing out at the very least, they’re trying to fix whatever went wrong.
And the alternative was what? Leave it in the unplayable state it was in?

It’s not like there was any option but to fix the game and quickly.

Game is so unplayable still. Where’s the build that twistie and the like played a week out from release. Never seen anything like this before to this magnitude. Frustrating when you have 10m on you’re oppo and it takes 7 years to kick and ooope chase down tackle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Game is so unplayable still. Where’s the build that twistie and the like played a week out from release. Never seen anything like this before to this magnitude. Frustrating when you have 10m on you’re oppo and it takes 7 years to kick and ooope chase down tackle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That was broken by the looks of it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back