Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

They have to take the game offline and fully fix it then release it at the same time as xbox. Reading these posts is like a knife slowly twisting in my gut, and I'm a xbox owner.

Ball trail is a good idea, but maybe done differently than a red streak ? (maybe translucent / transparent style dots ?). I was going cross eyed watching it zoom around the screen.
Agreed. Good idea but a bit too heavy on the eyes. I turned it back off after about 15 seconds.

Is anyone else having issues where the oppo player teleports 10-15m toward you?
Yes that is one thing that I think was still prevalent in the Twistie/Caden previews. Mostly during run down tackles.

I hope it's something that can be fixed. Don't see why not, but as some of us know, you fix one thing in a complicated software stack and all hell can break loose elsewhere.

Is anyone else having issues where the oppo player teleports 10-15m toward you?

Push R1+R2 at the same time for..

finish him video games GIF

Is the empty stadium/poor crowd thing occurring during the season ?

DJ3JI54.png

Looks reasonably full to me (the crowds can be tinkered with in the options. I did do the empty stadium just for a laugh reminding me of resorting to that to get faster FPS on the Switch version of Evolution 2 :p).

I'd like to see more than just the diagonal view of the goal umpire signalling a goal. Maybe a straight on view for the straight shots and keep the diagonal viewpoint for the tight angle shots at goal ?

Just realised the AI in season mode will have wins\loss on the ladder that isn't equal what the results are to rubber band you. Essendon undefeated amount of points despite losing. Lol.

DJ3JI54.png

Looks reasonably full to me (the crowds can be tinkered with in the options. I did do the empty stadium just for a laugh reminding me of resorting to that to get faster FPS on the Switch version of Evolution 2 :p).

I'd like to see more than just the diagonal view of the goal umpire signalling a goal. Maybe a straight on view for the straight shots and keep the diagonal viewpoint for the tight angle shots at goal ?
I don't know how I didn't know Evo 2 was on the Switch until just now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how I didn't know Evo 2 was on the Switch until just now

It was and it was pretty good (well for hand held AFL action anyway), did have a few low points. Like the sounds for kicks and tackles was a bit off compared to the console/pc versions. And as I mentioned the frame rate was a bit poor (to be fair they did patch it to be better at the same time as the console versions, it was improved but not great - again the pc version kicked arse in this aspect).

The PC patch today was 'gameplay' fixes wasn't it?

Hopefully give us some idea what progress they're making and what PS owners can expect tomorrow.

Last night's was stability
Today/this afternoon/this evening's (whenever they release it) is focusing on game play. Tackling was suggested as being tweaked/adjusted again AND BigAntStudios did mention that the difficulty will get tougher.

Will have to wait and see what is adjusted.

DJ3JI54.png

I changed the crowd setting last night (after patch) and still have empty seats. like 5-10% capacity.

I get where the "at least they're fixing it!" sentiment is coming from, but just think, had they broken the mould set by AO Tennis and reinforced by Cricket 22 and actually launched in an acceptable state, then all this time until the launch of Cricket 24 could have been spent fine tuning and improving things beyond that.

Instead we might get what should have been the launch version by mid-late June, and all support dumped as a stretched-thin Big Ant shift focus to the golden egg that is Cricket 24.

And then Rugby 24 is due out in September :straining:

I get where the "at least they're fixing it!" sentiment is coming from, but just think, had they broken the mould set by AO Tennis and reinforced by Cricket 22 and actually launched in an acceptable state, then all this time until the launch of Cricket 24 could have been spent fine tuning and improving things beyond that.

Instead we might get what should have been the launch version by mid-late June, and all support dumped as a stretched-thin Big Ant shift focus to the golden egg that is Cricket 24.

And then Rugby 24 is due out in September :straining:
I don't think anyone disagrees mate, it's just trying to make the best of a very crappy situation.

So when Ross says the console players will get the patch on Monday, I wonder if he really means Monday, or 2-3 am Tuesday morning ?

So when Ross says the console players will get the patch on Monday, I wonder if he really means Monday, or 2-3 am Tuesday morning ?

I was hoping they’d submit it this evening for a Monday 3am update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back