Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Give us an example of a legal ramification for apologising.

Could be like all those examples of developers having issues with Microsoft certifying their buggy, unfinished games that cause consoles to crash we were told totally exist, but the only example anyone could find prior to AFL 23 was ... Cricket 22.

Could be like all those examples of developers having issues with Microsoft certifying their buggy, unfinished games that cause consoles to crash we were told totally exist, but the only example anyone could find prior to AFL 23 was ... Cricket 22.
I'm sure I'll get a response that answers my question.

Having a go at season mode now. Is there any way to change the team at all? Not seeing anything in the menu- you can change the jumpers but no option to adjust the 22. Doesn’t seem to be doing anything during the match either when you try making changes in the pause screen.

Loving the selection of playing strips by the way, very impressive collection for every club.

Got a couple of rounds knocked over before an error message shut down the game.

Hopefully on an update they can add top 3 disposals/goal scorers during quarter breaks. Is only cut scenes of coaches talking or players in the rooms at the moment.

If you want legal advice, then I suggest you pay for it.
I have been generous enough to share a legitimate insight, but this doesn't entitle you to assume that I will extend you any further courtesy.
Maybe try using some manners in the future.
So you can't.

Cool.

You seem to assume an entitlement beyond reason yet again.
It's extraordinary to think that I hadn't come across anyone who didn't ever make a mistake until I read this forum, yet there seems to be a multitude hiding in here.
I'm finding it hard to grasp how your perfectionism is so often expressed in such a derogatory manner though, it seems a bit of a contradiction.
Lol you cannot be serious? People paid $100 for this steaming pile of garbage they have every right to be angry.

How about this, BA offer to refund everyone who bought this game until it is up to standard but let people keep playing to ensure bugs can be identified and ironed out? Oh yeah didn't think so, they'll pocket the cash but want no accountability for a broken product.

Anyone else on PC having issues with switching monitor output? When I switch it to my secondary 4k monitor it just reverts back.

Oh and Nick Larkey needs longer hair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People paid $100 for this steaming pile of garbage they have every right to be angry.
So get a refund? That's where your journey ends with the product.

You have the right to complain about something you've purchased and to then refund it based on those complaints. But anything beyond that comes across as being angry for the sake of it.

The "but I spent $100!" argument only holds so much water before it becomes a tad Karen-ish.

Last edited:
The AI handballing and instant decision making is killing the game for me.
I felt like the kid in the We're The Millers meme.

"Hold R1 to tackle, don't press sprint to tackle."
Me: You guys can get close enough to tackle?

Admittedly, first game this morning I managed to lay a few more, but when the AI gets it in space you might as well put it in the record.

Joined the whingers now have you?
Sharing an issue with the gameplay (that I've physically played myself) is vastly different from wanting BigAnts blood but by all means continue saying derp things.

It's a patchable issue which I'll wait for without getting my pitchfork and torch.

Wish I didn’t purchase digitally, seriously looking to see if I can get a refund, it’s laughable how bad it is. Look don’t get me wrong it has potential but it’s so far off a finished product i cannot fathom how it’s been released.

Not sure if it’s salvageable tbh but would love a refund, which is sad I’ve looked forward to it for a long time, tracked the thread everyday, visually the game is good but beside that so much is missing that simply shouldn’t be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I even defended you to another poster. :(
I can only respond to what is put in front of me.
I have actually never written on a forum before this one, but there was so much unhelpful misinformation circulating amongst a group of people who genuinely seem invested that I have taken the time to try to give you some clarity on how things are managed in the real world.
A lot of you appear to still be in school or work at operational rather than administrative levels, so haven't necessarily experienced the complexity at play here first-hand.

I haven't got the time or inclination to keep butting my head against a wall in here indefinitely, so you can either accept what I have contributed in the way it was intended or ignore it. I have given you information, it is up to you how you choose to apply it. But by rudely throwing a genuine insight back in my face you surely couldn't have any reasonable expectation of a meaningful response.

I can only respond to what is put in front of me.
I have actually never written on a forum before this one, but there was so much unhelpful misinformation circulating amongst a group of people who genuinely seem invested that I have taken the time to try to give you some clarity on how things are managed in the real world.
A lot of you appear to still be in school or work at operational rather than administrative levels, so haven't necessarily experienced the complexity at play here first-hand.

I haven't got the time or inclination to keep butting my head against a wall in here indefinitely, so you can either accept what I have contributed in the way it was intended or ignore it. I have given you information, it is up to you how you choose to apply it. But by rudely throwing a genuine insight back in my face you surely couldn't have any reasonable expectation of a meaningful response.
I didn't do anything of the sort. I asked for an example.

And rather than provide one you've dedicated yourself to writing word salads instead.

Wish I didn’t purchase digitally, seriously looking to see if I can get a refund, it’s laughable how bad it is. Look don’t get me wrong it has potential but it’s so far off a finished product i cannot fathom how it’s been released.

Not sure if it’s salvageable tbh but would love a refund, which is sad I’ve looked forward to it for a long time, tracked the thread everyday, visually the game is good but beside that so much is missing that simply shouldn’t be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why couldn't you get one of you bought digitally?

Not allowing one would violate the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back