Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
BigAntStudios what are your thoughts on creating a tackle meter. This would mean if you time the tackle early it will be easily shrugged or could result in a high tackle. Perfect timed would mean a holding the ball or ball up. And a late time could mean a free kick. But a really overtimed could mean a dangerous tackle and suspension.
What are your thoughts on this, dosent have to be a meter could even be like a timing thing with the same things apply

BigAntStudios what are your thoughts on creating a tackle meter. This would mean if you time the tackle early it will be easily shrugged or could result in a high tackle. Perfect timed would mean a holding the ball or ball up. And a late time could mean a free kick. But a really overtimed could mean a dangerous tackle and suspension.
What are your thoughts on this, dosent have to be a meter could even be like a timing thing with the same things apply
No to much stuff to do

I like the idea.... and to add to this, maybe factor in player skill/strength... of both players, and what actions they take. (i.e try to break free of the tackle... try to handball/kick it.... versus how strong the tackler is.... and how exhausted they are.... etc.

Just played a game on 3.5 minute quarters on hard. Was up 4.1 to 0.1 as Geelong against Adelaide, then behind 5.1 to 4.1, ended up winning 6.1 to 5.3.

Comments;
  1. Goal kicking still too easy
  2. Still too hard to get a kick away - had 75 handballs and 47 kicks.
  3. Able to get a clearance kick sometimes at least
  4. Definitely less congested. Problem is because kicking is hard I try to handball clear from clearance. And too often those handballs are intercepted. Haven't tried clearance handball or bounce handball so that could be why.
  5. Marking definitely feels a lot better still. Though still no AI spoils and definitely could have this time. But maybe it's better this way because you kind of need AI not spoiling to balance the AI's ability to hit targets all the time and not wasting time powering up their kicks.
  6. Didn't have any major 'glitches'. Player control seemed fine. Still unable to change player when standing the mark which is frustrating.
  7. Player handball receives still flat footed, massive frustration. So many times you're out and then the last link in the chain just stands their like he's ******* Cain Ackland and gets tackled.

Gonna try another game and will post further thoughts afterwards.
I was so keen to get home and play until I read number 7 on your list. 100% the worst problem with gameplay imo, destroys any quick handball chains

This is just a suggestion, could be in the next game dosent have to be now, completely agree that they should get this game to the standard they thought would be released

Ross can you please confirm if Hamish will be in the commentary? (I am not associated with Quiv. If that makes you answer the question lol)
Judging by the fact he has liked this but still not answered we can only assume Hamish has been dropped, especially as Ross said he was still in on original launch day. Also I wonder why and why the refusal to just say so.

Will consoles be a day behind still Ross?

As in tonight’s patches will come out Wednesday 3amish for consoles?
They'll be back even when tonight's patch hits.

Probably stay even except weekend patches.

I like the idea.... and to add to this, maybe factor in player skill/strength... of both players, and what actions they take. (i.e try to break free of the tackle... try to handball/kick it.... versus how strong the tackler is.... and how exhausted they are.... etc.
Will be alot to add but i think in future versions of the game they could get this right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we seriously not going to be able to edit player ratings even in a custom season/fantasy draft mode?

Bailey Banfield rated 84 is heinous

I think changing player positions in career mode is a important component to a coach/manager career

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough, we are trying to dance around the license side of things but I'll try to work out with the team how to make it happen.

I want a player like Bontempelli to feel like one of the most dominant players in the game when I play the dogs, what’s the point when you have Darcy Tucker rated 85 and able to do anything Bontempelli can do ?

Are we actually not going to be able to customise our own rosters? There’s no way you compared this game to 2K and then didn’t utilise that feature.

Hey Ross, thanks for the work

Tonights update is definitely improved, I am loving the direction the game is going in and can absolutely see the potential.

I think the AI's tackling range needs to be reduced, as they are 5+ metres away and somehow catch my player while they are kicking or following through the animation. That's my first takeaway from the first half of footy I've played this patch, will create a list once I have more.

Cheers and thanks to you and the team for the continued work BigAntStudios

Just putting an alternate view as to how break even is going.

How often do you get numbers on returns in? Is that something you have data on yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back