Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Btw, does anyone know if there is a mechanic to lob hand pass, to avoid the ball from getting smothered 24/7 and what controls they are?
Nope there isn’t but you could try the clearance handball - square + L2.

Unresponsive controls, players can't turn, spin or move in the direction you turn your analog stick in, and sometimes they just stop moving altogether, when you're commanding them to move with your analog stick.

Can't get kicks off and I get tackled too quickly and I randomly kicks backwards after marks

Norwood Oval boundary in game vs in real life. I thought real ground sizes were in this game. It would be really immersive and interesting if the ground dimensions were accurate, a big part of Norwood Oval's identity is the length and the long straight boundary, would love to see this replicated especially for when SANFL is included.

te14u4xiouta1.jpg
1683560046621.png

Attachments

• 1683559862506.png
    1683559862506.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
Would love to know if anyone has uploaded logo's after the 11pm Steam patch?
Yeah I had a go. Works well. SVG files aren’t my strong suit but I got the hang of it. Making a Fitzroy Bullants team where myself and 22 of my mates get together, make our players, chuck em on the Bullants and play through a season. Hopefully in a future patch we will be able to swap out real teams for custom teams or just add a new team to the league. BigAntStudios is this going to be possible in this installment? We’ve done it every game since Evo 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played the new steam patch. Is that the third today?!

The core game is so close to being good now but the lack of player responsiveness is killing me. I'm losing games on easy by ten goals.

• you can play on after a mark too easily
  • handballing to a player in the forward line is pointless. If a team mate is running towards you, they won't have the two seconds needed to turn around and kick the ball. And if they are facing the correct way, chances are they will stop and do nothing for about a second.
  • if you press A the instant you receive the ball, nothing happens. You have to wait about half a second which of course is time you don't have.
  • trying to get a kick off when you get tackled often gives away a free. Which is fine in theory, except that it's extremely risky to kick the ball near the opposition in the defensive 50. Chances are you'll get tackled and it will be a goal. And of course handballing is hit and miss, so chances of defending well over the course of a gamer are slim to none.
  • in general the opponent AI seems about five times smarter than your team mate AI, and they don't have the same disposal lag.

If just one of these things was fixed then maybe everything else goes away or becomes much less of a problem. If you could hold down A and start the kicking animation the second you receive the ball for example that could change everything. Or at a minimum, just let us kick and handball the second we receive the ball.

All that aside, good patch, a decent core game is starting to feel within reach.

The core game is so close to being good now but the lack of player responsiveness is killing me. I'm losing games on easy by ten goals.

• handballing to a player in the forward line is pointless. If a team mate is running towards you, they won't have the two seconds needed to turn around and kick the ball. And if they are facing the correct way, chances are they will stop and do nothing for about a second.
  • if you press A the instant you receive the ball, nothing happens. You have to wait about half a second which of course is time you don't have.
  • trying to get a kick off when you get tackled often gives away a free. Which is fine in theory, except that it's extremely risky to kick the ball near the opposition in the defensive 50. Chances are you'll get tackled and it will be a goal. And of course handballing is hit and miss, so chances of defending well over the course of a gamer are slim to none.
  • in general the opponent AI seems about five times smarter than your team mate AI, and they don't have the same disposal lag.

If just one of these things was fixed then maybe everything else goes away or becomes much less of a problem. If you could hold down A and start the kicking animation the second you receive the ball for example that could change everything. Or at a minimum, just let us kick and handball the second we receive the ball.

All that aside, good patch, a decent core game is starting to feel within reach.
Game is genuinely fun. Just can’t keep getting tackled when I’m 10 meters away from the tackler. Needs to turn tackle distance down

Real quick play before bed after the PS4 patch.

Definitely a lot more challenging. Found that out the hard way when I found myself down by 5 goals after not losing a game so far.

Movement and turning seems a lot more fluent.

Interchanges working in season mode but not management. Would love to see auto interchange come in.

Couldn’t assign roles to players eg 2nd ruck/kick out in season. Didn’t try in career.

Difficult to get a clearance from stoppages as I’m tackled almost instantly.

AI marking almost everything, would love to see them spoil more. My timing is obviously off or I’d be able to take some more marks.

Tackling works but AI is too quick and the opportunity doesn’t present itself often to lay one.

Once I got clear I was able to handball a nice chain together.

Had a couple of teleporting players but it was in one isolated passage of play.

Crowd seemed to have not changed in any of the 3 game modes as yet.

Every patch is progress in the right direction, there’s still a way to go but I’m enjoying it and will continue to enjoy it.

Keep up the patches and improvements BigAntStudios JNT BA

Definitely starting to feel like the bones of a strong game are there. A few additions, fixes and tweaks to go but every step feels closer.

Another stalling/unresponsive player bug. Can't move, after receiving a hand ball. You can't run and receive a hand ball at the same time in this game. You're forced to completely stop.

Last edited:
Game is genuinely fun. Just can’t keep getting tackled when I’m 10 meters away from the tackler. Needs to turn tackle distance down
Teleporting tackling players I think has been less frequent, now, but you're still gonna get tackled easy, because your player will not respond to moving commands, and just stops moving after receiving a hand ball and runs straight into the opposition when you're pulling the analog stick in the opposition direction. And you can't kick and be tackled at the same time. Although, I heard in one of the developer builds it was possible to do that.

Can't lob pass up in the air, every kick or hand ball travels low and gets intercepted easily as a result, even if the oppo player is barely under 10 metres away.

Last edited:
PS5 update came through about 45mins ago. Was under 1GB though and takes it to version 1.000.006 so not sure what updates we received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back