Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Would love it if we could adjust the team management screen on days other than gameday on the management mode. Odd that it isn't an option under roster in that manage team screen. Would also love if the player OVR showed on the interchange/team lineup screen.

Also, when moving players from the INT positions to further down the list, the INT symbol follows the player wherever you move them whether it is the starting 18 or further down the bench. I would like if the bench and sub was a completely separate list to the reserves or whatever it is called.

The mini-map issue should have been fixed in one of the patches.

At this point we won't be swapping the camera, unless it was done in error. There was a long discussion on here the other day, a good example of better than broadcast positioning would be Punt Rd, in my opinion people would rather see the Jack Dyer stand than the road.
ok, thanks for clarifying. Obviously most AFL grounds have full seating around, bar part-time grounds. I'm just more a stickler for realism, but happy to be in the minority if most people would rather see significant stands and infrastructure.

ok, thanks for clarifying. Obviously most AFL grounds have full seating around, bar part-time grounds. I'm just more a stickler for realism, but happy to be in the minority if most people would rather see significant stands and infrastructure.
Just to be clear, the reason for the wrong camera angle is not because people think it looks nicer. It's because of a clipping issue that rather than fix they just went around the problem.

Would love to know if anyone has uploaded logo's after the 11pm Steam patch?
Uploaded logos yes. No problems there as I tested them in Cricket 22 beforehand.
Got them onto the kit, but unfortunately they appear on there in two spots. When I put the crest on, it comes onto the back near the shoulder blade as well.
I then put the big Outback on the back and it comes on the side as well.
wagfront.jpg wagback.jpg
I can't get the logo to stick under "Identity" unfortunately. It just goes back to Big Ant logo instead.
I was able to bring the sponsor logo into Stadium.
I'd love to keep sharing these graphics, but I get a Big Ant Server error when sharing.
servererror.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear, the reason for the wrong camera angle is not because people think it looks nicer. It's because of a clipping issue that rather than fix they just went around the problem.
oh really, strange because they were correct in previous iterations of AFL video games (Evo & Live) in recent years

oh really, strange because they were correct in previous iterations of AFL video games (Evo & Live) in recent years
Yeah questions were asked but unfortunately no clarification on what's changed in this game to cause an issue.

alright just finished up stream after the 1st steam patch, don't think I've got the 2nd one installed yet.

BigAntStudios JNT BA

Pros:
-The player movement fix made a HUGE difference. Compared to last night where you could hardly turn, this was a lot more responsive and allowed shutting down space, chasing etc.
-handball receives felt like it flowed more and didn't stop / start.
-AI on hardest is still tough, don't think I have won a game yet. Maybe I'm just shit though lol.
-Was able to complete an online game

Cons:
-1 crash at the end in the second online game.
-In online games specifically I'm finding there are a lot of occasions where you take a mark, but play on is called immediately when you think you're going back to take your kick, you then get tackled and lose the ball, very annoying. Didn't notice this happening in Play now or management though.
-Goal umpire doing ball ups in online still
-Goal kicking still too easy, not sure if wind is working per yesterdays comment.
-In online in particular there were occasions where the player movement stalled when chasing, they just stopped on occasions
-Still would love to be able to swap player away from the man on the mark so you can run back and defend.
-Tactics still to come which will be good.
-need bumping off the bsll
-need jostling for Position in marking contest

Overall though, I said last night made the game playable again, but this movement tweak has bumped it up a bit more again. definitely felt more nimble and able to do things.

Another good step forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alright just finished up stream after the 1st steam patch, don't think I've got the 2nd one installed yet.

BigAntStudios JNT BA

Pros:
-The player movement fix made a HUGE difference. Compared to last night where you could hardly turn, this was a lot more responsive and allowed shutting down space, chasing etc.
-handball receives felt like it flowed more and didn't stop / start.
-AI on hardest is still tough, don't think I have won a game yet. Maybe I'm just s**t though lol.
-Was able to complete an online game

Cons:
-1 crash at the end in the second online game.
-In online games specifically I'm finding there are a lot of occasions where you take a mark, but play on is called immediately when you think you're going back to take your kick, you then get tackled and lose the ball, very annoying. Didn't notice this happening in Play now or management though.
-Goal umpire doing ball ups in online still
-Goal kicking still too easy, not sure if wind is working per yesterdays comment.
-In online in particular there were occasions where the player movement stalled when chasing, they just stopped on occasions
-Still would love to be able to swap player away from the man on the mark so you can run back and defend.
-Tactics still to come which will be good.

Overall though, I said last night made the game playable again, but this movement tweak has bumped it up a bit more again. definitely felt more nimble and able to do things.

Another good step forward.
There's been lots of talk on goal kicking and possibly following the 2k format where its based heavily of stats and very accurate timing or else it just goes way would. like maybe on the run if you (goal kick button) it will show up with a different meter where you have to time it in a certain area and the closer you get to the area the more chance you will have of it going through for a goal with of course the players stats involved in how big the timing window is and how accurate you need to be to differentiate the great goal kickers from the not so necessarily good goal kickers.

Interchanges been glitched for me since launch, am I doing something wrong? It is set to auto yet there have been no interchanges and manually doesn't work either. Attached video

Goal kicking on the run should be a “2 tap” system instead of a “hold for power”, IMO.

When you have the ball within ~60m of your goal, pressing the “kick for goal” button brings up a meter under your player, with a second tap needed to land in a green zone like the set shot mechanic. The size of the green zone is dictated by stats, distance from goal, fatigue etc. If a player can’t make the distance, then it will simply be kicked their maximal distance. If you want a quick shot on goal, such as out of a tap down from a throw in, then it’s a quick double tap and stats the pure determining factor (like it is now).

FIFA has their timed finishing feature which is similar - however you still hold for power first and don’t have the courtesy of a meter.

Could online crashing be contributed to differing patches of games being matched up for an online game?
All my online games have only been against other PS users.

Is cross-play even a thing in this game?

Fair enough, we are trying to dance around the license side of things but I'll try to work out with the team how to make it happen.
Surely positions aren't licensed. Its an on field position. Players move around at will and change positions weekly, yet you're restricted to a locked position for each player? Doesn't make sense

Is it really that important to know about the commentary? Isn’t the gameplay and making the sure game doesn’t crash more important than whether or not Hamish McLachlan is in the game. I don’t think anyone who is actually playing the game right now cares about the commentary.
Is it really that hard to get a straight forward answer to a straight forward question? Is Hamish still going to be in the game or not?

I usually love big ant games but this game is broken , it looks great but there's like 80 more patches needed , I can't win on easiest and I'm incredible on afl games , can't play this game for a week very disappointed
Unresponsive controls, players can't turn, spin or move in the direction you turn your analog stick in, and sometimes they just stop moving altogether, when you're commanding them to move with your analog stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back