Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Lol seems like Xbox’s Redfall has also released broken, wtf is the gaming industry atm man, that’s now 3 games in a row releasing very broken

View attachment 1677553

Don't worry, Nintendo won't let us down next week with Tears of the Kingdom - Surely.

Lol seems like Xbox’s Redfall has also released broken, wtf is the gaming industry atm man, that’s now 3 games in a row releasing very broken

View attachment 1677553

Been following Redfall closely cos I love Arkane, Far Cry (which it had been compared to during development) and the novel 'Salem's Lot (vampires!) and it had almost as many red flags as AFL 23. Almost.

Gotta give them props though. Reviews were out day one and they would have known it was a raging trashfire.

most importantly, can someone release the soundtrack?
  1. Coming Out Of The Darkness
  2. Devils Stomp
  3. Done Believing
  4. For The Glory
  5. Hell To Play
  6. I will Be Here
  7. Massive Swagger Blues
  8. Meet Your Maker
  9. Rolling Stone
  10. Soaring Free
  11. Stomping Whistle
  12. Won’t Go Down
  13. You Talkin’ To Me?
  14. Your Love’s On Fire

Been following Redfall closely cos I love Arkane, Far Cry (which it had been compared to during development) and the novel 'Salem's Lot (vampires!) and it had almost as many red flags as AFL 23. Almost.

Gotta give them props though. Reviews were out day one and they would have known it was a raging trashfire.
Yea honestly the general state of gaming atm is kinda sad, but if you do mess up badly communication is key

Stuff can be salvaged no man’s sky, cyberpunk etc

Attachments

• 1683161119653.png
    1683161119653.png
    937.7 KB · Views: 188

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz the game is so easy, sprinting is far too overpowered, I’m playing on the hardest difficulty and winning by 100+ points against teams like Geelong. Game keeps crashing with 30 seconds to go in the 4th. Hope this patch comes in soon haha.

first time, long time. maybe i'm doing something wrong but i've installed the game on my PS5, currently kicking at goal with dangerfield (which seems broken because goals are counting as misses) and when i pause it, it still says 'exit - installing 6%'. it's gone from 1% - 6% in the last 20mins. have i done something wrong or? haha

EDIT: turns out its just a reallllllllly slow install despite super quick internet speed. fmd

Last edited:

View attachment 1677553
Games industry atm is all about getting in pre-orders and micro transactions. They don't care about releasing a mess if they already have your money

I do recall a quote from someone who worked at Rockstar (certainly not comparing the quality of Rockstar games to AFL 23) but they made the point that you can test a game so much during development but nothing will ever compare to the amount of times a game is played upon launch, hence why even the biggest games have glitches e.t.c.

Seems even AAA studios have adopted a release not perfect game and just patch as they go approach the last 5-10 years.

View attachment 1677553
"For those of you that insist on playing on PC..."

Haha what

Selling the dummy doesn't work, can't backwards hand pass, tunnel hand balling is useless because it springs in an awkward way and you can't roll it far. The grubber kicks are satisfying, though.

One thing I can give Evo 2 credit for is I don't think you could ever just sprint away with the ball. You'll get mobbed very quickly. Occasionally you get lucky and can break out into an open paddock, but that's like real life really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back