Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Hey BA, are you able to add some sort of stats or ranking to Online play?
Like a grading or levels?
It has the potential to be as good of a mode as Pro Team with some kind of Leaderboard or Ranking instead of just online quick play.

Something like 2k23 golf ranked mode
Or the old Online Seasons mode on Fifa which may have had Promotion Relegation aswell.

Also missing the slow motion zoomed in contested Mark/Speccys from previous games. Would look good with these graphics. Very Good.

I hate to sink the boots in even more, but jeez this is truly awful. Been playing for just over an hour(ps5) and it’s crashed 4 times. The AI is awful. I’ve given up for now, hopefully a patch fixes it but my hopes are low given the condition it’s in.

If you were holding off on purchasing, great decision.

For a game that's similar in price to NBA2k and Fifa, this is a total dumpster fire atm. Some things seem to work well, but not well enough to be worth $100. Might just stick with AFL evo2 for just a little bit longer:(

first time, long time. maybe i'm doing something wrong but i've installed the game on my PS5, currently kicking at goal with dangerfield (which seems broken because goals are counting as misses) and when i pause it, it still says 'exit - installing 6%'. it's gone from 1% - 6% in the last 20mins. have i done something wrong or? haha
Can't help at all. But good to see you here Swoop

[mention]Michaels [/mention] vid on mid-season draft mechanics looks pretty good. Ideally would like to see what league and team each player is from written on the player card, for stats to be averages rather than season totals, and to have an option to see past AFL stats if they're recycled players.

Has everyone downloaded the 21gb update file and it's still a steaming pile? Or is this before some have finished the download?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know I got bagged about AFLW and development time and how that should have been put into the core of the game. OH THAT WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE ETC.. well proofs in the pudding. Take those resources and put them into the core game this release and maybe at the very least you don't have an interchange bench in the middle of the ground of Fagan becoming an umpire mid cutscene..

They are also getting a hard time because they were really public in the comments on WW efforts.. then drop this which we were told was ready to go 3 weeks ago just held back due to the xbox issue. I'm with I think it was Ambrose, someone get us some footage of just the disc game installed offline.

Safe to say bigant aren’t keeping the licence.
So please enlighten me which developer and publisher will come in to push a game into a niche sport where it's not even the most popular sport in every state.

Because while the lead up and launch has been a dumpster fire. Getting afl games is a rare occurrence hopefully bigant can build of the base they have created then keep refining what they have envisioned because there is a low chance we will get another afl game for a decade if this tanks ...

Has everyone downloaded the 21gb update file and it's still a steaming pile? Or is this before some have finished the download?
This is what I was hoping to hear. I have 15 mins left for the full game, then I'll manually check for update and hope to see another chunky download.

So there’s no stats shown in game, no state leagues which we were promised, half the players look terrible, and the AI is terrible.

How’s a patch supposed to fix all this?

Gameplay is very slow, hardest difficulty is way too easy etc.

Don't even know what to say, this isn't the same game we saw in the original gameplay previews last week, it actually looked good last week

People hate on Microsoft at any opportunity but at least they have systems in place to make sure you aren't getting shafted by a games developer

There is no way Microsoft have played AFL 23 and identified these issues in order to stop the release. If you aren't an AFL fan you'd largely think the game was fine - wishful thinking that Microsoft have blocked this game on QA grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back