Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
One other thing I noticed (aside from everything else mentioned) is that two of my players end up on the mark. Both just standing there and cant be moved. Not sure if anyone else has been getting this.

There is no way Microsoft have played AFL 23 and identified these issues in order to stop the release. If you aren't an AFL fan you'd largely think the game was fine - wishful thinking that Microsoft have blocked this game on QA grounds.
Theres Australian based testers in the approval process, you're telling me that any Aussie worth their wait in gold would have said this game was ready for launch? Come on 🤣🤣.

Lol seems like Xbox’s Redfall has also released broken, wtf is the gaming industry atm man, that’s now 3 games in a row releasing very broken
3? Most games are released in a shocking state these days and/or publishers and devs flat out lie and deceive about the state of the game in lead up, put review embargo’s to hide details.
This is clearly an unacceptable release, I expected some level of “brokenness” today but this is a little concerning. I got a refund for cricket22 on Xbox immediately on release and got it on ps5 because it was a slightly better version. It’s a great game now, excellent in fact, but it did take a few months, which is disheartening to think about with this game.
Getting clarity on what versions are what (steam, ps5 digital and disc - if they are different) and what versions have been patched today would help to know what the hell we are looking at would be nice.

Almost downloaded on PS5, looking forward to it and greatful to even be getting another AFL game. Roughly $10 AUD cheaper here on the Thai PSN store as per most games is a bonus

Attachments

• 20230504_081526.jpg
    20230504_081526.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Its just the hope that kills you, they get our 80 to 100 bucks and are happy to have to patch the game for 3 months to actually get it to a playable state, wish the consumer was more their priority and not just financial gain.

Yeah, they won't be dealing with refunds today at least. This is Cyberpunk levels on release, crashing on consoles.. that's a big no no.

It’s up there. I just don’t understand how a game gets released this way. How a dev team works on something and this manages to be the final product that gets released to the general audience. This is historically bad. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sports game (even in alpha) release this bad.

I hope one day we see real legislation to protect consumers because right now the video game space is rife with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people are doom and gloom at the moment but from the videos of the not final build I think the game is going to be fine, it just need to be patched.

But BigAnt needs to be transparent and reveal how the release version is terrible compared to the version shown by content creators which looked pretty good with minor issues

God Help Me Season 6 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Is this confirmed?
On release day a lot of games are often different versions.

Most discs don't even hold all the content, and considering Ross has repeatedly said any early disc copies wouldn't work due to servers being offline would lead one to believe that all versions are one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back