Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Look, I do alright but it’s definitely not disposable, I spend money on some silly things.

I do have a knack of upselling things on marketplace too. That helps out in some cases when I get interested in things.

For instance - I decided to take up golf, I bought a $50 set, sold it for $100, bought a $100 set and sold it for $200, and so on, my clubs are now worth about $1500.

I went to a swap meet with a paper clip once , ended up with some beans

From my experience it wont let you move passed the goal kicking drill until updated. The guy at EB told me that all the single player stuff has to be downloaded (which is the whole *ing game)

Luckily I canceled my pre order this morning before I got the text saying it’s ready.

Am I better off just buying evo 2 for $50?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So let me get this straight we’re assuming there’s gonna be a patch that will add/fix all these things;

• AI and gameplay in general (likely)
  • Statistics in game
  • State leagues
  • Tactics
  • More/better facescans

Get real all of this is not being added in a patch people.
Certainly not in any patch we are getting in the short term. It will be multiple patches across weeks to get this game where it needs to be. Cricket22 has had a truckload of stuff added since launch. Including full competitions, adding the extra franchises into IPL
Contrary to some opinions, BA do patch their games up extremely well. The argument is obviously, they should be released in better nick.

Finally got a chance to have 1 quick game on PS5 at lunch.

No crashes but obviously others are having them.
AI played ok on hard as long as they had the ball, as soon as they lose possession they go stagnant.
Controls are different to Live 1 which will take some getting used to. Circle for goal kick instead of Square.

Something definitely not right though. Seems like whole areas are missing. When creating a team in Academy you can't select or edit guernseys at all, but genuine SANFL and VFL etc logos are there. Here's hoping for some quick patches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pink Panters on TikTok said there’s a patch coming in an hour.

I'm not sure how questioning the integrity of streamers is seen as 'too far' when the company is literally releasing information via them instead of via their own channels. Reeks of politicians having certain members of the media onside and getting them to leek info in a positive light.

Am not suggesting this is a spoken arrangement, but if you can't read between the lines that content producers who heavily criticise a game will be shooting themselves in the foot then you are battling.

I almost wish my PS4 didn't automatically enforce the 1.02 (whatever) download, would have been interesting what the build was like on the disc.

I tried while mine was still downloading, it wouldn't connect to the sever (ie. get past the press X to play screen) without the latest build. Just said connection error.

Luckily I canceled my pre order this morning before I got the text saying it’s ready.

Am I better off just buying evo 2 for $50?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At this stage you'd be better off donating your money to any charity that ever existed.

But in all seriousness I wouldn't put my money into Evo 2 either. I'm sure they will iron out all these issues, but unsure of how long we have to wait to see those changes.

Finally got a chance to have 1 quick game on PS5 at lunch.

No crashes but obviously others are having them.
AI played ok on hard as long as they had the ball, as soon as they lose possession they go stagnant.
Controls are different to Live 1 which will take some getting used to. Circle for goal kick instead of Square.

Something definitely not right though. Seems like whole areas are missing. When creating a team in Academy you can't select or edit guernseys at all, but genuine SANFL and VFL etc logos are there. Here's hoping for some quick patches.

I’m guessing there’s no ability to select legacy controls? I really hoped controls would be similar to Live 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back