Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Pow Reaction GIF

Yep. The gameplay stuff being buggy and getting patched I can understand. But then leaving out features such as state leagues is absolutely unacceptable. I’d love to think they will add this in the patch but I highly doubt it as patches tend to be gameplay related if I’m correct?
No. They can be anything. Modes, features, animations, AI. Literally anything they want.

People need to take a breath and just see what the hell has happened here.
It’s obviously unacceptable but it’s equally obvious something pretty monumental has happened. There’s no way they release something that is much, much worse than the already fairly suspect builds the “YouTubers” we’re playing last week.
I mean it’s a pretty unfathomable f*** up, but there’s no way what people are playing today was the intended product.

Anyone noticed any milestone banners ?
I noticed playing as Melbourne VSing gold coast at gold coast that we got the 3000th matches at the MCG banner... that's a milestone

purely speculatory but this cannot be good for the AFL's relationship with Big Ant.

absolutely amateur.
Absolutely.

The official AFL twitter literally tweeted out 36 legends that would be in the game at launch and Big Ant just don't have them in the game.

Reflects very poorly on them.

Absolutely.

The official AFL twitter literally tweeted out 36 legends that would be in the game at launch and Big Ant just don't have them in the game.

Reflects very poorly on them.
It's a real shame.

I like BA, their cricket games and AFL Live are great. I am very positive on this eventually coming good once the patch drops.

I just hope their rights aren't stripped and it's acknowledged as an unfortunate (yet catastrophic) human error after a long development process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I almost wish my PS4 didn't automatically enforce the 1.02 (whatever) download, would have been interesting what the build was like on the disc.
It wouldn’t actually let you play unless you installed it
I tried playing after the game had installed and the update was still going to see if I could get a somewhat playable game but you can’t get past the opening scene

I almost wish my PS4 didn't automatically enforce the 1.02 (whatever) download, would have been interesting what the build was like on the disc.
I just tried to see if the disc was playable by chance without updating and as I was told earlier, it doesn’t let you get past the menu screen, either without an internet connection or downloading the .002 patch. (Ps5)

Drop punts are too easy I agree. Maybe player skill could determine how fast the bar moves? Or as mentioned earlier do something similar to Nba2k in that timing and player skill come into it.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
On the run goals in Live 1 were almost perfect. But with set shots, maybe they should have tried a similar system to All-Pro Football 2K8 with the analogue sticks.

Tick tock on those patches BigAnt… No pressure! Just the reputation of your entire company hanging on by a teeny, tiny thread… 😯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back