Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
As Tweeted by Big Ant Studios:

Big Ant Studios are aware of issues with the initial day one patch for #AFL23.

In order to ensure the best gameplay experience possible, we have made a smaller patch that addresses gameplay and stability issues that will be released today.

We will then re-introduce other elements of the game over the next week to ensure the best possible result for AFL fans.

Are you saying you’re removing stuff in the game atm?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In order to ensure the best gameplay experience possible, we have made a smaller patch that addresses gameplay and stability issues that will be released today.

We will then re-introduce other elements of the game over the next week to ensure the best possible result for AFL fans.
This seems like the best option. I think massive patches will require approval for Sony/Steam. A smaller patch won’t require approval and can be pushed into servers quickly.

Seems more likely that someone merged the wrong branch in version control. Ross needs to fire the interns they hired 🤣

We will come up with a roadmap and share it tomorrow, we need to find out what has caused the issues with the patch, the fastest way to do this strip the patch back to gameplay and stability elements and then build back over the next week.
When’s the patch coming out

kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Thank you BigAnt, a response was desperately needed. I can’t even begin to understand the cluster**** of a day you guys have had to go through, you don’t owe explanations now, just put the work in to getting the game up to a passable day 1 standard, then it’s all up from here. Trust the process guys, I know day 1 has been disappointing, but i’m glad to see they’re going to have a good portion of it sorted today.

A good portion? You know that for sure?

We will come up with a roadmap and share it tomorrow, we need to find out what has caused the issues with the patch, the fastest way to do this strip the patch back to gameplay and stability elements and then build back over the next week.

What, you're actually allegedly going to actually tell us the features included in a game released 16 hours ago? That'd be a ****ing miracle.

Glad there's a statement but this is an incredible cluster* and there's no repairing reputational damage from this, imo
Is this what people are meaning when they say ‘no amount of patches can fix this’?!?! They mean the supposed reputational damage… not the actual game bugs/glitches?!?!

Coz I was gonna say… ‘how would any one of us know what can/can’t be fixed in the game?!’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying you’re removing stuff in the game atm?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Removing to bed the game down, then re-introduce methodically over the next week.

You will see substantial improvement in gameplay today.

One thing I have learnt in the 55 pages since launch is that our future is in good hands.
We seem to have a lot of young people who have never made a mistake and or never done anything wrong in their life.

Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats

/S

Damn it people... s**t happens. Not everything is black and white and there is a lot of multi-coloured stuff in this world.
When you grow up you tend to realise that mum isn't always there to cut your crusts off and kiss your knee better when you get an ouchie.

Big Ant will deliver a patch and will fix the issues people are experiencing. They will also give you Pro Team. But unless you have 24 hours left on this mortal coil... cool your jets and appreciate that you are about to get the best Aussie Rules game on the planet and you can play the arse out of it for years to come.

Also, do you prefer they spend their day on this chat with the crew from MENSA or spend the day fixing the issues at hand? Big Ant have advised that they F'd up and they are fixing it. I think I read someone wanted them to issue a formal apology as well. Welcome to 2023 when everyone is entitled and easily offended.

Anyway. Dad rant over.
I'm gonna go and see if mum can make me a sandwich now as I am hungry.
A mistake ? A ?
Try multiple with no communication. Hate the world and what it is as much as you want but it’s the basics of marketing and communication that they can’t get right
Has nothing to do a little mistake. In fact if BigAnt (Ross) had been transparent throughout this whole process, I’m sure we’d be more inclined to kick back and trust what’s to come with this patch
But that ain’t the scenario so you should probably get off that high horse brother

Appreciate the communication Ross.

Do Sony allow patches this quickly? Or will we be waiting on PS4/PS5.
We can patch quickly, same day with PS4/5 and Steam will have a patch imminently - that's why we've decided to incrementally bring the larger patch in piece by piece over the next week.

An actual full feature list in the meantime would be beneficial, considering we still don’t know what will be and won’t be in the game yet. I’m literally in the car park at Jb now, but reconsidering if I should even bother.

Big ant can keep blaming others but at the end of the day, they are the ones making mistake after mistake. It was comical two days ago, now it is just ridiculous. You said patch for steam would be out followed by PS. Even an hour ago we were told by your companion the patch was an hour away. Now the patch won’t even be the full patch. You clearly have too many games in the works.

That's just messed up.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe they shouldn't have spent months calling any customer who asked a question about the game a dickhead and to go cry to their mommy, then release a unplayable game and refuse to list the features in it. If they had of just listed the features in the game or just treated their future customers like humans instead of like dog shit or just released a working game. But a company that acts like they do doesn't deserve to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back