Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Where would you even begin at the moment?

That sort of feedback will probably be more useful once the game is in a more stable state. The mythical final build. Then it'll be easier to provide proper feedback.

So at the Xbox launch when ultimate team is released I guess.

For now the YouTube videos people are sharing say it all.

I mentioned the glaring game breaking issues that everyone is experiencing, as well as more minor problems. I also listed some quality of life improvements.

Like I get it’s in a deplorable state and broken as shit. I’m as disappointed as anyone else, but JNT said that’s probably the best place to actually keep track of feedback. Who knows if it’ll be taken on board and implemented, but it’s probably worth a crack I guess lol

Played at a friends house, spent a whole 7.5 minute quarter doing laps of the oval barely sprinting on hard without being tackled 😂 also did everyone else have trouble attempting to lock onto the player they wanted to kick to when going forward? Could barely string half decent plays together without it doing something stupid or being annoying, with tackling I also found that if you are sprinting you cant tackle, you have to hold R1 (the lock onto ball/player button)

Played at a friends house, spent a whole 7.5 minute quarter doing laps of the oval barely sprinting on hard without being tackled 😂 also did everyone else have trouble attempting to lock onto the player they wanted to kick to when going forward? Could barely string half decent plays together without it doing something stupid or being annoying, with tackling I also found that if you are sprinting you cant tackle, you have to hold R1 (the lock onto ball/player button)
This was post update as well I dont know what you guys mean by the AI has improved? It definitely hasn't I feel it's just wishful thinking :)

Played at a friends house, spent a whole 7.5 minute quarter doing laps of the oval barely sprinting on hard without being tackled also did everyone else have trouble attempting to lock onto the player they wanted to kick to when going forward? Could barely string half decent plays together without it doing something stupid or being annoying, with tackling I also found that if you are sprinting you cant tackle, you have to hold R1 (the lock onto ball/player button)

I’ve actually found the kicking to be a bright spot today. Specifically how long it takes to get a kick off compared to Evo 2

Just finished training cbf reading thru thread, who can tell me what’s been updated on the last few hours (ps4)

Glad I didn't drop $99 on AFL 23 and that I bought this delicious spud instead with peas, corn, bolanaise, guacamole, spring onion, cheese and sour cream and garlic butter.

View attachment 1678021

That looks like a lovely treat Hoffy95 may I ask how much a spud like that cost you?

Looks to be just generic instrumentals, no licensed music.
Hence why Ross dodged me trying to ask him multiple times.

Not like there's a struggling Aussie music scene they could've helped out, we're not talking about licensing Drake here lol

I’ve actually found the kicking to be a bright spot today. Specifically how long it takes to get a kick off compared to Evo 2
I found it was easy if it was open but when congested trying to pick the player you want to kick to was a nightmare and by the time you finally sort it the play is dead. I much rather evo 2 in that regard I could chip kick my way up the ground seamlessly in my experience but glad you have found enjoyment out of it, at least someone has!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit: I may have misunderstood this. Could be the initial patch. Please ignore.

24GB patch for PS5 is available now (at least, it’s downloading on my console)

Last edited:
I've played a lot of janky AFL games in my time, but this is on another level, it's absolutely broken. Do not buy this thing.

I have bought it and I will support Big Ant and have the patience to wait for patches to come in. Bugs happen to a lot of games at launch, it's a simple fact. It's not ideal, but i'm not going to throw all the toys out of the cot and cry, and be all woe is me about it. They'll work on the fixes and the game will be fine again. It's not ideal in the very short term, but what are you actually doing if you cancel the game pre-order or ask for a refund?? Wait another ten years in the hope that EA make a game and then they do make it and that game has bugs as well. Then what, the same thing happens again, lol.

It's not ideal, and it definitely needed more match testing before launch, I think the Xbox situation was just unlucky. In the very short term, yes, it's disappointing, however, only in the very short-term.

We know, Big Ant can do it and are the premiere in sports games development in this country, I think it's worth just waiting and seeing what happens for a bit, it won't hurt.

I found it was easy if it was open but when congested trying to pick the player you want to kick to was a nightmare and by the time you finally sort it the play is dead. I much rather evo 2 in that regard I could chip kick my way up the ground seamlessly in my experience but glad you have found enjoyment out of it, at least someone has!

I wouldn’t go as far as saying enjoyment just yet, a littttttle bit more patching required till we get there

Career doesn't work in season 2.

So much of the management options lack polish. Could seriously do with some "sort column" options to save having to endlessly scroll.

I didn't mind the first game or two. A real choir to play much more than that, not fun at all.

- Bumping with right stick makes the player tackle instead

- Marking is AFL Challenge levels of bad, it’s just press the button and you’ll probably mark it

- Can’t get through Round one of season mode without the game crashing, a guaranteed sign of a crash is the commentary cutting out, like they’ve evacuated before the bomb went off 😂

I have bought it and I will support Big Ant and have the patience to wait for patches to come in. Bugs happen to a lot of games at launch, it's a simple fact. It's not ideal, but i'm not going to throw all the toys out of the cot and cry, and be all woe is me about it. They'll work on the fixes and the game will be fine again. It's not ideal in the very short term, but what are you actually doing if you cancel the game pre-order or ask for a refund?? Wait another ten years in the hope that EA make a game and then they do make it and that game has bugs as well. Then what, the same thing happens again, lol.

It's not ideal, and it definitely needed more match testing before launch, I think the Xbox situation was just unlucky. In the very short term, yes, it's disappointing, however, only in the very short-term.
What an I actually doing with the refund? Taking my money and spending it somewhere else, like BOTW 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back