Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Some of my matches were freezing and I couldn't get out of the frozen screen unless I user signed out of my PC. Alt tab wasn't working.
Frankly, that's a great example of being no help whatsoever. No context.

I’m not jabbing you at all mate. It isn’t intended to be anything other than my observation. I liked that you have posted videos and observed the bugs but conversely there’s times someone else has posted what they like post patch and you’ve rebutted saying ‘no its broken’ and its been more than once. Again, I respect your opinion I just disagree with it.
It's more, it's cool you love it, but I feel that area of the game could be vastly improved on and the reasons are this, this and this. People obviously have taken that too hard, which I find surprising, because I thought we would all want the game to be at a very high standard of simulation Aussie Rules. I've read professional journalists giving some real vague harsh takes on it, with no depth, of course.

I feel like I have to put this out there because it’s starting to bug me. There’s such varying levels of opinions, put the crashes aside we are now all on the same patch and therefore (technically) should be playing the same game.

I don’t see how some people are saying the game is playable now and enjoyable and others are saying (after every single patch!) the games broken. It clearly isn’t broken if some are enjoying it. Sure I get it it’s not perfect, but I feel since this launch has been nothing less of an absolute disaster people no matter what Big Ant do have this vendetta and need to say it’s broken.

It’s not broken they are fixing what issues people think are “broken” but still no ones happy. It’s so depressing reading people’s excitement then the next person says “oh I don’t get how you find this fun it’s broken.” Like let people enjoy the game now as it has clearly improved since day one. If you think somethings not working as it should, list your issues, saying it’s s**t, it’s broken doesn’t help anything.

Sorry for the rant… I know people are annoyed but let’s help the team fix it. We have this great opportunity that we can speak to the developers on here and improve the game, I don’t think anyone else really has this opportunity. We need to ride the wave with them and who knows where this game will be in a few months. Everyone will more than likely be looking back at all this stuff and laughing about it.

I was really angry initially with the release and was pretty vocal here early about that but I'm in the same boat now. Developers are here and since the game was released they have done their best to fix it. I am still holding out a few more patches before purchasing (I'd rather play the final finished product gameplay wise and want to play state leagues) but communicating what we want to see fixed is far more productive at this point.

Is anyone else mark timing metre permanently glitched? No matter what the situation (pack mark, guy on a lead, guy free in the middle of nowhere) mine is always at the very end past the blue sweet spot. It doesn't move up or down, it's just stuck at the end.

Makes taking a contest mark impossible.

Is anyone else mark timing metre permanently glitched? No matter what the situation (pack mark, guy on a lead, guy free in the middle of nowhere) mine is always at the very end past the blue sweet spot. It doesn't move up or down, it's just stuck at the end.

Makes taking a contest mark impossible.
Yeah mine looks to be glitched like that also. I am still taking marks but its more luck than anything else atm cos I have no idea when to time it right now.

Yeah mine looks to be glitched like that also. I am still taking marks but its more luck than anything else atm cos I have no idea when to time it right now.
I honestly didn't even realize there was a meter for marking. I've just been hitting triangle when I thought it would be a good time to. Won 50/50 of mark contests doing it. Will need to check this meter out later tonight when I get home from work.

BigAntStudios JNT BA

Game is getting better by the day! Thankyou BA for replicating prior issues with daily patches since launch - massive sigh of relief for consumers who paid $100 with the thought there would be no amendments to the game from launch

Was hoping BA or the Bigfooty forum can help me out with a few questions if these havent already been answered (sorry if so)

1. Is there an ETA on when we can play with mates and if so, can we play against mates crossplay (all the matchups so far have been against PS, I'm on PS also)
2. Is there a way we can view results from our online matches (total wins, losses, average for/against etc)
3. Is there a way I can play with my user created teams (with user created players)? I can't see where I can do this. Is there a way we can create a season/management mode where I include a user created team into the AFL and play an AFL Season?
4. Is it possible to make set shots more difficult, I love the current functionality but i feel it doesnt matter if you dont hit it in the zone, will still go straight through. Also if youre inside 50 on the run and hold circle, it will go through the big sticks way too easily
5. Will there be an adjustment to the statistics discrepencies? I know gameplay is a priority at the moment, but I dont want to start a management mode because I see Dion Prestia as leading goalscorer, people getting 55 touches etc, will this become more realistic?
6. I noticed theres a speccy rating in the myplayer creation, but also heard theres no speccies in the game. will this be incorporated into the game in the future?
7. Will we be able to, in the future create competitions with friends, other users online to compete against or will it just remain the one "quick match" option online

Hopefully some feedback on the above, everyone welcome with their thoughts - Thanks!

Also Thanks

It's more, it's cool you love it, but I feel that area of the game could be vastly improved on and the reasons are this, this and this. People obviously have taken that too hard, which I find surprising, because I thought we would all want the game to be at a very high standard of simulation Aussie Rules. I've read professional journalists giving some real vague harsh takes on it, with no depth, of course.
I think everyone on here appreciates your input and appreciate the fact you point out issues and bugs within the game. Me as an Xbox user certainly appreciates it as it may mean the game is 1000% better once it finally hits our console. I think everyone can see you’re passionate about the game and just want what’s best for it.

However I think there have been times where you have taken the that passion alittle too far. There have certainly have been times when you have criticised or been shocked by someone’s enjoyment in the game and have come across alittle condescending towards that person, questioning their enjoyment, when you think it’s broken. It’s in that moment of questioning their enjoyment, when it feels like you’re telling that person or atleast acting like that person doesn’t know what they’re talking about. “How can you like the game, it’s broken.. you clearly not playing the same game I am and you have no idea what you’re talking about” that’s how it has come across atleast me. People should be allowed to enjoy and not enjoy the game without being treated like they have no idea. I know that’s probably not what you’re trying to say or do but it’s just something I’ve noticed.

I’ve certainly enjoyed your passion in this thread and hope that all your videos and bug findings have helped the game and continue to help for when it finally hits Xbox. Keep up the good work in the thread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats understandable and yeah I get your intent but the idea of telling others they’re playing a broken game repetitively just doesnt seem the best method to take in my opinion. I haven’t played since Friday, I saw heaps of bugs however I still really enjoyed it and am keen to finally get back to it tonight to see what else I’ve missed. I didnt mean to offend or take jabs at you at all mate, you’re right, we all just want the best AFL game possible. ✌🏼

Toughest part of this is picking the balance of opinion.

If you really want a bug fixed or game balance change, not just have a rant, don't keep spamming the same stuff written in a different way, the best is to report it at support.bigant.com - they will be able to drill down on platform, context, etc.

I can understand that. As I have no idea how it works behind the scenes apart from what has been posted on here. Example: fixing handballs, it being intertwined with something else which causes a knock on effect for something else. I might be just speaking for myself here but I don’t think we realise how much work goes into fixing the mechanics and bits and pieces that are being fixed.

You guys would know that you might fix something which effects something else, knowing that people are going to be happy that somethings fixed but then have a sook about the rebound error which pops up somewhere else.

I honestly didn't even realize there was a meter for marking. I've just been hitting triangle when I thought it would be a good time to. Won 50/50 of mark contests doing it. Will need to check this meter out later tonight when I get home from work.
Lol me neither, kinda expect the timing to be the same as live 1.

This game is driving me insane. Any chance of my players actually staying on their opponents? Everytime I try to mark the ball in the forward 50 I get spoiled and the player just stands there.

Nobody’s opinion should outweigh someone else’s and I see tons of people who are enjoying the game as it gets patched. Bugs or not, this game still has elements of FUN in it.

I’m not saying people can’t have an opinion, but people need to make it constructive. Granted majority are but If your making the effort to get on here and write something, just add a few more words and make it worthwhile.

I think If I see the word broken anymore I’m going to have an aneurism.

Game slightly better today on PS5. Playing a game atm and you can receive handball on the run half of the times but other times player stops dead and runs backwards only moving in square movements. Player speed still seems way off. Does sprinting even work because how can Daniel Rioli be chased down by a ruckman? Honestly. Also still constantly getting chased down before I can even get a disposal off because of the player speed and then end up handballing to nothing just to avoid giving up the free kick.

No crashes yet which is a good start, first game in though.

Definitely keen to hear more input on whether I just can't see it or if it is a little bugged so let us know how it goes please.

It's clear any criticism of the mechanics is offending people.

We at least got a bounce button out of all my forum complaints.

I don’t get offended by it, just seeing the same comments over and over again is doing my head in. (Not aimed at you btw, just a general comment)

And yes thank you bringing the bounce button to the table!!

It’s in that moment of questioning their enjoyment, when it feels like you’re telling that person or atleast acting that person doesn’t know what they’re talking about. “How can you like the game, it’s broken.. you clearly not playing the same game I am and you have no idea what you’re talking about” that’s how it has come across atleast me. People should be allowed to enjoy and not enjoy the game without being treated like they have no idea. I know that’s probably not what you’re trying to say or just what I’ve noticed.
I was generally curious as to what their perspective is, and wanted to see it from their point of view. I was wondering if I was missing something from their side of things that makes the game better, nothing malice about that. And I've enjoyed and learned by bouncing ideas and thoughts back and force, as a forum should be. I don't think I would have come to a lot of these conclusions on my own, I've looked at others gameplay on here and on YouTube. And I've said many times, enjoy any game you want.

Game slightly better today on PS5. Playing a game atm and you can receive handball on the run half of the times but other times player stops dead and runs backwards only moving in square movements. Player speed still seems way off. Does sprinting even work because how can Daniel Rioli be chased down by a ruckman? Honestly. Also still constantly getting chased down before I can even get a disposal off because of the player speed and then end up handballing to nothing just to avoid giving up the free kick.

No crashes yet which is a good start, first game in though.
I am actually wondering if in some areas the stats are turned off at the moment like in the example you gave as well as the ruck and goal kicking? Would certainly go some way to fixing the ease of goal kicking if this was the case in my opinion.

Definitely seems like the case. Perhaps speed has been turned off or the sprint speed or something. Would definitely help with being able to get on the run and play a free flowing game rather than kick and pray style footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back