Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
I agree with this. But hate seeing it. Turning the game off shouldn’t be the answer.

I find it weird that it happens going into the game and not just at the managed men. Since other game modes are fine for me atleast. Almost as if manger mode is requiring so much data to run the game it just crashed (which hopefully is a good thing in the future) as there is way more depth within that game mode

Not much more I could do really. I’ve given it so much of a crack today (when not crashing) and I’m coming to terms with the gameplay and getting the hang of stuff and it’s growing on me but having the game freeze over and over again becomes unbearable.

Fingers crossed for another couple of patches

Anyone else having a seriously bad time with kick ins? I get a good bug 50% of the time of kicking to a locked receiver who then runs away from the ball and leaves it for the opposition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Have you tried playing on with each kick in? I have a lot less issues that way.

I've had 2 more games against Geelong, first on Hard.... won by 7 points.

Second game (on EASIEST lol) I got belted by 12 goals (they kicked 4 each quarter, while I only scored 1)

Third game also on Easiest

Geelong killed me in the first 90 seconds. But only scored 2 goals. In that final 60 seconds. I belted 4 goals!

Ended up winning by 66 points, dominated the second and third quarters convincingly.

The fourth quarter was bizarre 1 goal each.... but the AI had the ball in their forward half for almost the entire quarter, I was lucky enough to mark every entry on the half back or full back line. What irritates me is there's no rhyme or reason for it. Marking is still very much hit and miss, I try to give myself optimal position and don't always mark it. Oddly enough I've marked balls that I really shouldn't have as well.

The daily updates are going to send me bi-polar, I think I might take a day or 2 as a break from the game (the stop start nature when getting the ball and being stuck on the ground is frustrating and stopping the game from being entire free flowing).

Last edited:
Gameplay is getting there, was able to win bounces and rucks, chain kicks and handballs together and it's starting to be enjoyable.

Less telporting and turning/control was better.

Will be interested to see what the new few days brings.

Tactics
State Leagues
Training and Tutorials
Hall of Fame
Update player ratings
Custom Comp

Loving this on steam deck - really enjoyable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios since this patch, whatever it may include, my controller now vibrates for long stretches of time for no reason in game lol.

PS5 controller playing on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back