Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Absolute Joke. Lost the progress of my management mode again in the 4th quarter. (30 minutes of gameplay)
PLEASE fix the crashing!

PS5 Management Mode crashes every game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 52
Anyone else having a seriously bad time with kick ins? I get a good bug 50% of the time of kicking to a locked receiver who then runs away from the ball and leaves it for the opposition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Most of the time I just play on and hoof it down to the wing

I'm not playing a management career until the game is more stable and the management elements of the game are more functional. I just don't see the point right now. Happy enough with season mode, despite the fact that Chris Scott is a bald guy and you play with a red ball in night games.

BigAntStudios are these season mode issues being looked into?

Absolute Joke. Lost the progress of my management mode again in the 4th quarter. (30 minutes of gameplay)
PLEASE fix the crashing!

I got through 7 management games today. It’s weird how it is different for everyone. I’m on PS4, you’d think we’d be fairly similar?

PLEASE fix the crashing!

This is exactly why I’m holding off doing anything aside from play now
Just not worth wasting my time whilst everyone is beta testing this game

About to blow your minds...

Press r2 and NO direction to play on from a mark or kick in. You can then take complete control of your player until you move off the line.
I think this has been a thing for a while tbh 🤣
I’ve been doing it for kick ins since day 1 I’m pretty sure

first game on the new patch. Manual interchange was working yesterday, broken now. Date and time still broken. Auto interchange still not working. This was on the hardest AI. Bonus is that it didn't crash. Screenshot_2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else really struggling with centre bounce rucking even after reading thousands of posts of how to do it? Don’t think I’ve won a centre bounce ruck tap since Day 1 but also haven’t lost a ball up or throw in tap

Is anyone else really struggling with centre bounce rucking even after reading thousands of posts of how to do it? Don’t think I’ve won a centre bounce ruck tap since Day 1 but also haven’t lost a ball up or throw in tap
Center bounce ones are definitely tougher.

I don't know how everyone feels about this but personally I think it would be nice to get a controller vibration when your team scores a goal. Goals feel slightly insignificant at the moment and this is something small that might be able to help.

How long do we realistically expect for this game to get to where it was supposed to be on launch ?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Ross say “over the next week, we’ll work to get this back to how it was supposed to be on launch”
Paraphrasing of course.
But this still feels so far off from being a good game, I don’t even know what to expect anymore

Ok so after playing a game for the first time since Friday, to me this feels worlds apart from what I experienced last time I played! Granted it isnt flawless but at least its a lot better in terms of fluidity and AI responsiveness. A few takeaways:

• goal scoring is way too easy (I kicked 15.3)
  • marking is a roll of the dice event
  • interchange doesnt seem to work at all
  • tackling is way better than what it was
  • the game has a real PES feeling to it in terms of smoothness and player movement
  • love the stats screens

Overall really enjoyable! I’m not going to start Management Mode yet until the game is patched up but to me this was a big step up from last week. The controls are hard to learn because the game is so fast but I like a challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back