Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team, more like No Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino I just saw your edited top post.
Not being smart, what is this thread now for?

Just general chat about the game like every other thread on this board. We're not really equipped to be a platform of communication between developer and community. It's better this way because it's their game, they can control the narrative to their own discretion and moderate it by people on their own payroll. Like anything I'm sure we'll be strict at the start while everyone adjusts then loosen it as time goes on.

Has been a good ride all. I don’t think BA will be so forgiving of my Milo banter over there so I might need to sharpen up a bit.

ymNwbXX.png

10 minute quarters!
This was mostly an AI v AI match, I managed to bring Hawthorn back into the game twice and the second time I did enough to slaughter Essendon :p

A few days since I last played thegame properly, had to get used to the speed of the game once again!

Yeah righto legend they look pretty good to me? Only difference is the brand as the logo looked s**t so I changed it to something that looked better… but yeh tell me how wrong they are 🤡 View attachment 1723059
Alright relax legend, I'm just saying, Crows never had Nike so it was a very odd choice. Normally I guess people would try putting the designs into current times with modernised logos, but you do you if they're to your liking.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what baffles me tbh. The game was delayed by 3 weeks but BigAnt claimed that it was ‘ready to go’
Tf were they doing in those last 3 weeks ?
We still haven't been given an explanation as to what happened upon release have we?

From the streams in the days leading up to the release, it seemed to play fine, at least better than when it was released. Michaels stated this in a post I believe.

We still haven't been given an explanation as to what happened upon release have we?

From the streams in the days leading up to the release, it seemed to play fine, at least better than when it was released. Michaels stated this in a post I believe.
I watched some streams pre release and the game was significantly better than what we got day 1.
I do believe something bad has gone wrong on the day 1 patch but I’d love to actually know exactly what happened.

I watched some streams pre release and the game was significantly better than what we got day 1.
I do believe something bad has gone wrong on the day 1 patch but I’d love to actually know exactly what happened.

I think that's clear enough and anyone who thinks otherwise is a conspiracy theorist.

However, BA certainly misled us to the state of the game. It clearly was unfinished, otherwise we wouldn't be sitting here 2 months later with a stack of missing features and persistent bugs. No manual, controls changing, tactics non existent (to start) etc.

Haven’t touched it for 2 months? Does the game have any worthwhile new fixes and features?

Not sure if the interchange selection in the team lineup is still broken or if I just have no idea how to use it

I don't think BigAnt are likely to tell you either. Maybe over a couple of beers down the pub in ten years time...

I think that's clear enough and anyone who thinks otherwise is a conspiracy theorist.

However, BA certainly misled us to the state of the game. It clearly was unfinished, otherwise we wouldn't be sitting here 2 months later with a stack of missing features and persistent bugs. No manual, controls changing, tactics non existent (to start) etc.
I think the patches have been a mix of fixes to the game, plus inclusion of changes/new features from what people have called for or their analytics have been showing.

I actually thought Tactics weren't going to be selectable in-game... (only that the AI utilize them)....that's from a very old question to Ross....
Yet here they are now.
Goal kicking on the run was definitely new as well...
Same with the marking meter being removed, and changing to a vibration....

So it may be 'unfinished'... but maybe the plan from the start was to have a base game (there was a way to kick goals on the run, but it wasn't very good), and then add these tweaks in when they knew how people were playing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back