Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35a92536f73b12aa40316f563a71e910.jpg

Epic game, 20 seconds left the ball got bombed into ports 50, I somehow spoiled and got a tackle for a ball up. 15 seconds left, won the tap 2 handballs got the ball out and torped it into the centre. Of course had no players there, Ai marked bombed back in, siren went just before Dixon marked.

Sitting 4th on 12 and 8 with 3 games left. only 1 win separating 4th and 10th!

This game is so fun when everything works. I played the other night and it was garbage, played today and itā€™s playing perfectly again. How does it chop and change so much. Nothings changed, no patches have been added. It doesnā€™t make sense.
What difficulty are you playing on? Currently going through my first season (on medium) and haven't lost a game. From memory, I'm 12 rounds in on 48 points. Some guys are big wins, some games are within 5 point wins. Thinking of changing the difficulty to hard! As much as I enjoy a win, I don't like the unrealisticness of going undefeated all season.

Because a video game where you can only play meaningless play now games will die off very quickly
Sorry but I think it is the other way around, fix the core gameplay which is the biggest issue then worry about the other stuff.

What is the point of a management mode when the gameplay still has a ton of issues, would you be happy if state leagues were in but you were still handballing 100 meters, teleporting and having the coaches be the goal umpires for example.

Please contact support.bigant.com and they will help you - the analytics we have show a lot of two player games, I've seen them in the office and others here report they can also play with two local controllers.
OK, I've tried this again and it is working now - it was (partly) a user error on my part because the 2nd user wasn't actually logged in to a PS user account like I thought they were. I've tested again now with both controllers logged in to a user account and it is working! So mea culpa on that one :embarrassedv1:

The issue is if the user wasn't logged in to a PS account, the game prompts you to log in to one - when this happens you don't get the opportunity to log in as the sign in page crashes to an error screen after a few seconds. If you have signed in before opening the game though it is working fine. šŸ‘

Just came across yet another bug. Playing online, Charlie Cameron hits the goal post which of course is out of bounds on the full followed by me be stuck viewing him until the quarter ends, even though stoppages reverted to the normal view.

This game is the gift that just keeps on giving šŸ˜

OK, I've tried this again and it is working now - it was (partly) a user error on my part because the 2nd user wasn't actually logged in to a PS user account like I thought they were. I've tested again now with both controllers logged in to a user account and it is working! So mea culpa on that one :embarrassedv1:

The issue is if the user wasn't logged in to a PS account, the game prompts you to log in to one - when this happens you don't get the opportunity to log in as the sign in page crashes to an error screen after a few seconds. If you have signed in before opening the game though it is working fine. šŸ‘
Ah ok... good find!
Still worth raising a bug on that sign-in part... but good to know the local multiplayer works for you now.

Just came across yet another bug. Playing online, Charlie Cameron hits the goal post which of course is out of bounds on the full followed by me be stuck viewing him until the quarter ends, even though stoppages reverted to the normal view.

This game is the gift that just keeps on giving šŸ˜

Holy shit, the lens flare is actually some kind of alien laser beam! Future DLC? šŸ¤”

I played for the first time in a few days last night. I could definitely see the improvement (I found the handball game more viable than ever, movement much improved, some animations that made things a lot clearer, etc) and did enjoy the game, but some of the game's fundamentals are really see-sawing. For example, 1-2 weeks ago it was way too easy to mark the ball, rendering it unnecessary to spoil. 3-5 days ago this was corrected and spoiling was much more viable, which made the game feel more realistic and made it more difficult to score (a good thing). But playing last night, spoiling has gone back to being far inferior to marking. It makes the game really dependent on who gets the ball forward of centre from the middle.

I get that there's still balancing that needs to happen and that this is the nature of it...but I'm pretty ready for more features/modes to be rolled out because the game in its current form is not going to keep me going back to it for long. Balancing can always happen later.
I suppose this is the difficulty of balancing... different people will have different opinions on it.
I personally found the marking/spoiling spot on with this latest patch (PS5 Patch 15, on Normal mode).

I can tell when I've mistimed it, and can see that I get outmarked when I do.... And then also, even with perfect timing, can tell when I have a player with better marking/defensive abilities that they're (fairly) likely to win the contest.
Moving Wilkie to CHB has been a godsend for me. :)

Probably should have released cricket first before this game, might have been safer to release the known product which has a more world wide audience than have them all wait and watch this come out and see all the issues constantly. Might put doubt in the mind about laying down some money for Cricket.

Brilliant run down tackle, AI of course get it out to someone runnings past and score. Itā€™s so hard to ping them for holding the ball, does my head in.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
What the hell even happened there? It looks like heā€™s barely kicked it and regained possession, then somehow the balls spills out perfectly to his teammate.

This game is so janky man šŸ¤£

What difficulty are you playing on? Currently going through my first season (on medium) and haven't lost a game. From memory, I'm 12 rounds in on 48 points. Some guys are big wins, some games are within 5 point wins. Thinking of changing the difficulty to hard! As much as I enjoy a win, I don't like the unrealisticness of going undefeated all season.

Medium as well mate, I played 3 games the other night on medium, lost 2 won 1. Today Iā€™ve played 6 lost 1 won 5. Most were close and thrashed GC (as expected). Tried to bump it up to hard and I canā€™t mark, canā€™t win taps and just get thrashed every time and itā€™s no fun. The jump in difficulty is still too great. Itā€™s annoying though cause I could play it later today and then hard is too easy, it doesnā€™t make sense

Yeah this games just random as hell!!

Made the exact same tackle I have 1000 times before but this time I get called for a high tackle. So in the space of 16hrs Iā€™ve been done for never before seen (by me) penalties 3 times.

Itā€™s great that these randomly generated penalties have the ability to decide matches šŸ™

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played for about the first time in a week. Patch something something ā€œ15ā€ I think. Iā€™ll start with some pros, which I definitely think exist. Probably the biggest pro is that after playing one full 5 minute quarter game I actually wanted to play a second. This was the first time ever.

Pros:

• Okay, definitely harder now. Getting slaughter in two games on ā€œhardā€. I donā€™t think all of the increase in difficulty is good, but we did need at least some
  • I see some players drop marks and there is even commentary for it
  • You can sometimes get kicks off whilst tackled
  • Interchanges work, although given there is no sense of fatigue I donā€™t get the point of them
  • There is some nice context-sensitive commentary whilst Iā€™m being thumped.
  • The game is sort of fun. Itā€™s still VERY messy and the controlling of players is poor but hey, I had fun with it and I guess thatā€™s what counts most?
  • CPU now spoils
  • Can handball to players running besides you and they donā€™t lose momentum.

Cons: (okay there are still a fair fewā€¦.)

• The lineup UI is poor. Sometimes there are mistakes, e.g. when I interchange Gawn to the bench the bench played becomes ā€œcaptainā€ (although I think itā€™s meaningless during the game), and some are just poor design, like if you scroll to the bottom of the reserves list to find a player, you have to then scroll all the way back up before being able to place him on the ground
  • Interchange is also useless because you cannot tell player fatigue. I donā€™t even know if fatigue is programmed, but if it is you canā€™t see it. You also cannot see player heights, which is huge when setting matchups
  • The coin toss is also meaningless if you have no idea how the wind is going
  • The biggest annoyance is how hard it is to get a kick out. Youā€™ll be well in the clear and have a shot on goal, where the entire animation gets played out. By the time the ball should hit your boot the opposition is 2 meters behind you. Then, however, the ball falls through your foot, sort of bounces off the floor, and then snaps into a tackle animation with the opponent who has flown there to get you.
  • Marks feel like a complete crapshoot.
  • The spoil has been nerfed, which is good, but now you lose so much momentum the player who went for the mark will almost always get to the ball first, so really thereā€™s very little incentive to spoil
  • Player control still feels very janky, particularly when the opposition has a mark
  • Kicking out from full back is unnecessarily hard. You have to play on really, and fine most players doā€¦ but since the opposition often has a player standing next to you in the box with no punishment, itā€™s tough.
  • The game still feels very ā€œlightā€ with marking contests being normally two completely overlapping players, and lots of players running through each other around contests.
  • Speaking of contests, players donā€™t react to a contest, they just run around randomly

So yeah, I mean things are looking up, and we have at least for me at least hit a ā€œitā€™s sort of funā€ point, but itā€™s still a very frustrating game to play.

I may sneak in a third game though :)
Really good feedback MM, surprised you can hold off a full week especially with all the patching.

Agree that marking feels like a WIP but some really encouraging signs, I could be imagining it but I think there is a new animation (sometimes) when sprinting to grab the ball above head height.

With the timing, I'm finding it consistent more often than not. One challenge is the end to end view is easily the most immersive (imo) and you often can't see the ball at the highest point.

Ross has confirmed the game has momentum, it is definitely harder to mark when it kicks in so I can only imagine how tough it is on Hard.

Yeah this games just random as hell!!

Made the exact same tackle I have 1000 times before but this time I get called for a high tackle. So in the space of 16hrs Iā€™ve been done for never before seen (by me) penalties 3 times.

Itā€™s great that these randomly generated penalties have the ability to decide matches šŸ™
Yeah! At least they got the quality of umpiring to be realistic

I suppose this is the difficulty of balancing... different people will have different opinions on it.
I personally found the marking/spoiling spot on with this latest patch (PS5 Patch 15, on Normal mode).

I can tell when I've mistimed it, and can see that I get outmarked when I do.... And then also, even with perfect timing, can tell when I have a player with better marking/defensive abilities that they're (fairly) likely to win the contest.
Moving Wilkie to CHB has been a godsend for me. :)
Playing on Hard. I can consistently outmark the opponent unless at a clear disadvantage, but spoiling rarely gets me anywhere.

Playing on Hard. I can consistently outmark the opponent unless at a clear disadvantage, but spoiling rarely gets me anywhere.
Yeah spoiling is only beneficial in a two on one situation - and even then, half the time your second player just stands there staring. Otherwise your player will fly, spoil, then land awkwardly and take a moment to recover whilst your opponent is just zipping away

Sorry but I think it is the other way around, fix the core gameplay which is the biggest issue then worry about the other stuff.

What is the point of a management mode when the gameplay still has a ton of issues, would you be happy if state leagues were in but you were still handballing 100 meters, teleporting and having the coaches be the goal umpires for example.
I get what your saying, but surely the people who focus on gameplay are not the same people who manage the functionality of the modes? While getting gameplay back on track is a top priority, right now everything else is neglected and has been for weeks. If this game continues to neglect other game modes then popularity will drop off quickly.

I get what your saying, but surely the people who focus on gameplay are not the same people who manage the functionality of the modes? While getting gameplay back on track is a top priority, right now everything else is neglected and has been for weeks. If this game continues to neglect other game modes then popularity will drop off quickly.
Popularity of people actually playing this game has already plummeted. Iā€™ve lost my patience with it and only trying it once or twice a week. Thatā€™s not to say people wonā€™t jump back on once the fundamental stuff is fixed. I look forward to the day thereā€™s not a 50/50 chance of it crashing on you mid game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back