Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh boy what a game this was!!! I'm so glad they fixed the last quarter graphic so you guys can see the comeback!!!

10 min quarters on medium, played smart with the last 2:30 to play keeping off, and even managed to switch the play a few times with a couple beautiful passages of play, that was AMAZING!

No matter what people say, I'm loving the game (besides the occasional crash or 2 and few bugs still, give it time.. remember Rome wasn't built in a day)

Keep supporting Big Ant!! They have done amazing to bring it back from where it was.

Attachments

• 7A1D1AAA-D18D-427F-B3B1-8EC80B5C8157.jpeg
    7A1D1AAA-D18D-427F-B3B1-8EC80B5C8157.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Ross said they're in for the long term ride with The AFL backing them. Where the funding comes from is anybody's guess, even Ross said breaking even is a challenge. One news article said Evo 1 only sold 18,000 copies. It could be a Microsoft type of situation where they just make losses for years, when they started their Xbox brand.
Yeah the economics are a concern. That's where the $100 price tag comes in no doubt.

Using 18k, that's $1.8m. After all publishing, overheads and dev costs there wouldn't be a whole lot of change, meaning healthy sales of the 2024 season pack will be critical.

We'll never know for sure but safe to say this series is being done out of a love for the sport, not to make truck loads of cash. Which is where WW were probably viable as their MO was to dress up the same old flawed mechanics in prettier clothes every few years.

BigAntStudios are we getting an update this evening/tonight/early tomorrow morning/ sometime over the next 24 hours? and if u can answer what will be in it (state leagues?) (tactics?)

BigAntStudios are we getting an update this evening/tonight/early tomorrow morning/ sometime over the next 24 hours? and if u can answer what will be in it (state leagues?) (tactics?)
Apparently state leagues "just missed out" on Friday. I'd expect them in this patch. Then again, I expected the roadmap to not be only half complete 10 days on from its final date

I've now played a round of Whyalla Football League under Custom Season.
Below are some highlights/bugs, some specific to custom teams.

Black banner for Custom teams ofcourse. Here is the fairly ambition offering from West Whyalla.
why4.png

Nice close up pregame pic. Central Whyalla. why5.png

"Wow! These rooms look more impressive than my moustache..."
why6.png

"They really have done wonders with the old toilet block changerooms"
why7.png

Another game, another splash screen. Wish we could get white writing though.
why8.png

Quarter time is always a highlight, we get to see which club each coach like. It appear that the South Whyalla Coach likes Collingwood. The Weeroona Bay coach likes Essendon. why9.png

Interesting Percentages there after round 1
why10.png

If tactics were a thing and if I could do it, I would just flood everybody into defence, lol.

This should be doable really, then an option to choose how quickly to spread forward but at the cost of fatigue. Will be interesting to see what tactics look like.

I remember I think it may have been AFL 2007 you could set any player to tag any other player. So you could essentially set all your forwards to tag the opposition forwards and have 12 defenders. Fairly easy way to do it but does the job defensively at least.

I kind of wish we could make saveable Custom Leagues with custom umpires and the like and share them with others.
I've got 3 leagues all ready to go (Spencer Gulf, Whyalla and NAFA - all from Country South Australia)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we could add a coach just like we create and assign players. I'd love to make a polo with logos too while I'm at it.

Won premiership after losing only two games all season.

Top five in the Coleman:
1. Naughton (120 goals)
2. Weightman (85 goals)
3. Arthur Jones (37 goals)
4. Lobb (36 goals)
5. Ugle-Hagan (33 goals)

All Australian team: one Dogs player, none of the above in the forwards.

Lol šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Won premiership after losing only two games all season.

Top five in the Coleman:
1. Naughton (120 goals)
2. Weightman (85 goals)
3. Arthur Jones (37 goals)
4. Lobb (36 goals)
5. Ugle-Hagan (33 goals)

All Australian team: one Dogs player, none of the above in the forwards.

Lol šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Any pitch invasions with a 100 goal season?

I've now played a round of Whyalla Football League under Custom Season.
Below are some highlights/bugs, some specific to custom teams.

Black banner for Custom teams ofcourse. Here is the fairly ambition offering from West Whyalla.
View attachment 1694083

Nice close up pregame pic. Central Whyalla.View attachment 1694082

"Wow! These rooms look more impressive than my moustache..."
View attachment 1694081

"They really have done wonders with the old toilet block changerooms"
View attachment 1694080

Another game, another splash screen. Wish we could get white writing though.
View attachment 1694079

Quarter time is always a highlight, we get to see which club each coach like. It appear that the South Whyalla Coach likes Collingwood. The Weeroona Bay coach likes Essendon.View attachment 1694078

Interesting Percentages there after round 1
View attachment 1694077
Can I ask.. do you have a background in design? I havenā€™t tried creating anything as itā€™s a pain in the butt on PS5 but want to whip together some NTFL if/when we get a stand-alone Steam academy.

The issue isnā€™t the bounce though
Itā€™s that not a single hawks player was there to stop it haha

Gotcha.

Yeah player positioning offball is crazy, I think it's going to be a fair wait. In fairness no AFL game has come close but if this is to be the first objectively good AFL game they'll have to give it a solid crack.

For on-the-fly tactics, it would be good for there to be a choice to either man up or go to position. Then maybe two empty slots for your own custom play which you can swap in the quarter breaks. I'd love to see what happens when the wings pay defensively, hopefully in our future.

The issue isnā€™t the bounce though
Itā€™s that not a single hawks player was there to stop it haha
I think a bit of programming needs to go into the AI inaction on sirens - plenty of inside 50 marks, siren goes, then they chip to a teammate or instances like that. Someone should log that video to BigAnt support haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back