Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be better if this stuff gets fixed but not a big deal as the players arenā€™t involved so doesnā€™t hurt the gameplay.

You don't see it in Evolution 1 o 2 arguably "worse" games than AFL '23. As things stand right now '23 has a long way to to be better than those games, let alone Aussie Rules Footy on the NES.

syoXoYs.png

Geelong still a sneaky chance to mount a comeback and win after half time :p

Finally got the DOWNTOWN trophy!
With Nathan Broad of all people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not true, the NEAFL certainly was disbanded during COVID but the QAFL is well and truly alive. Itā€™s arguably the strongest league outside the traditional states especially for women.
My bad, the QAFL does still exist for women and men but the mens league is no where near as strong anymore as the biggest clubs eg. Gold Coast, Brisbane, Southport are all in the VFL now

I couldnā€™t do this man!
Since I faked a sickie in year 8 to do a full length Bathurst race on V8 Supercars 2 and pretty much put my thumbs out of action for a week šŸ˜‚

Well I've watched multiple footy matches over and over and over again.
I can race the endurance races in Forza and Gran Turismo (not back to back mind you, but could do 1 race that lasts 90 minutes - 2 hours + as long as I have suitable music/background noise to help keep it interesting).

Actually funny thing is I can't do other gaming marathons - like I used to play MK, Street Fighter etc for HOURS long marathons back in the day.
In this generation of fighting games (MK 11, SF V, SF VI, Tekken 7 etc), I can only tolerate gaming sessions of 20 - 30 minutes... maybe occasionally 1 hour, before getting bored or needing a break of some sort.

Canā€™t believe this crap argument is still going, itā€™s been back and forth the last 5 pages and is making it a pain in the ass to read s**t thatā€™s actually relevant..

You both clearly have differing opinions and crying about it back and forth isnā€™t going to help.
I agree, thatā€™s why i moved on and walked away from the argument. It wasnā€™t worth it. He wanted to keep going on with it, I didnā€™t, thatā€™s why I left it and havenā€™t said anything about it or to him since. Keeping it going wasnā€™t good for the thread.

You don't see it in Evolution 1 o 2 arguably "worse" games than AFL '23. As things stand right now '23 has a long way to to be better than those games, let alone Aussie Rules Footy on the NES.

Just play another game dude. Your tireless whinging yet putting 50+ hours into the game already is exhausting.

Just play another game dude. Your tireless whinging yet putting 50+ hours into the game already is exhausting.

I am invested in the games outcome :)

Witnessing history regardless if it does become playable or continues to stutter over the line!

Don't know what's going on with the man on the mark here.....

7os407.gif

Last edited:
I can't lie, I genuinely think the game is in one of its worst states since release in terms of gameplay. The running/stuttering/stuck in the mud is rampant, player runs are horrible (just about every time I kick to a player on the lead they immediately stop), I'll be streaming forward through the guts and my wingmen just stand still. Handballing is so inconsistent, and player movement is shocking, players have the turning circle of a semi trailer. The game felt so so much better 2 weeks ago, not sure what's gone wrong.

Fingers crossed we get some patches soon to fix these, lots of small issues causing the game to be extremely frustrating but I got faith in BA

I can't lie, I genuinely think the game is in one of its worst states since release in terms of gameplay. The running/stuttering/stuck in the mud is rampant, player runs are horrible (just about every time I kick to a player on the lead they immediately stop), I'll be streaming forward through the guts and my wingmen just stand still. Handballing is so inconsistent, and player movement is shocking, players have the turning circle of a semi trailer. The game felt so so much better 2 weeks ago, not sure what's gone wrong.

Fingers crossed we get some patches soon to fix these, lots of small issues causing the game to be extremely frustrating but I got faith in BA
Iā€™m on ps5 and Iā€™d say the exact opposite, Iā€™m having a tonne of fun ever since the goal kicking patch, both teams scoring behinds has made me up the quarter length from 3.5 to 5 mins and Iā€™m having some pretty enjoyable matches.

Thereā€™s still work to be done and Iā€™m admittedly accomodating for some clunkiness but Iā€™ve done that with every AFL game, the difference is, underneath the clunkiness and glitches thereā€™s a footy game in this one that actually feels like real footy

Had a few games over the last couple days on the steam patch (management mode)

Bugs here and there, drafted a 99 rated super beast but the player progression seems to work now, I reckon I simulated around 3 or 4 seasons.

Gameplay feels like itā€™s gone a fair way backward from 2 weeks ago though. On hardest itā€™s mainly just a tackle fest and impossible to get marks anywhere around the ground. Seems like the balance of the game is forever being tuned but just going in circles now hoping for a silver bullet when in reality I feel like major changes to the fundamentals of the gameplay are required. Personally starting to feel like the game will never get ā€œthereā€.

Iā€™m quite enjoying the management mode and just drafting random rookies and progressing them, as barebones as it all is if you can get past some strange things happening itā€™s ok.

If anyone gets a chance go and watch Cados shorts video on Clayton Oliver having a set shot, itā€™s pre the game being launched and the gameplay looks incredibly smooth like nothing Iā€™ve seen in person. I just wonder why we are still nowhere near that

YXcezxX.png

M.Lewis with a lazy 39 sausages!

Gameplay feels like itā€™s gone a fair way backward from 2 weeks ago though. On hardest itā€™s mainly just a tackle fest and impossible to get marks anywhere around the ground. Seems like the balance of the game is forever being tuned but just going in circles now hoping for a silver bullet when in reality I feel like major changes to the fundamentals of the gameplay are required. Personally starting to feel like the game will never get ā€œthereā€.

It was REALLY good last Thursday night, best it had been since the evade tackle animation was added weeks before. But it's regressed a little since then. If the teleport tackles/marks/spoils get further removed AND the stuttering + stuck in mud motion is also reduced to how it was 2ish weeks ago. The game goes from a 3-4/10 to an 8/10 for me.

If anyone gets a chance go and watch Cados shorts video on Clayton Oliver having a set shot, itā€™s pre the game being launched and the gameplay looks incredibly smooth like nothing Iā€™ve seen in person. I just wonder why we are still nowhere near that

Just did and youā€™re right, all those early gameplay shorts look like a different game.

Players seem to turn quicker, react quicker, heā€™s able to pick the ball up in his forward 50 and quickly (and realistically) mash the ball into the goals, right now you pretty much canā€™t score from a stoppage in your F50 because the animation is ridiculously slow and they always get caught.

I do think the stuck in the mud issue is severely impacting my gameplay right now, as I have 70 hours in the game and most of them were after BA initially fixed that issue and you could play quick footy. Itā€™s the play style Iā€™m used to and itā€™s broken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back