Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a few games of Management Mode yesterday and maybe BigAntStudios of JNT BA can divulge more info regarding this but I notice that players like Buddy Franklin overall dropped to 40 in season 2026. I had a further look through some player lists and noticed Gawn down to 56. Petracca dropped to 41 overall and so on.

Do player overall rating drop as they get older and closer to retirement age or is this just random? Also I did notice several draftees overall scores increase as well. I am assuming the more game play they get, the better their overall gets?

Still major issues though with players being delisted that would normally not be delisted e.g. Mason Cox, Rampe etc.

Management mode still needs depth though. A lot of things that EVO 2 had could be added.

Can anyone help with uploading these logos into AFL 23?
Launceston_FC_logo.png
170px-North_hobart_demons_logo.png
North_bombers_logo.png
200px-Glenorchy_fc_logo.png
devonport_22.png
Burnie_dockers_logo.png
Hobart_fc_logo.png
cygnet1.png
logo-gold-transparent-400px.png
New_norfolk_fc_logo.png
south-launceston-bulldogs-logo-2.png

Do you know anyone that could help get them into the game along with team monograms and sponsors?
Take this stuff to the academy thread: Multiplat - AFL23: Academy Thread

I would also emphasise that it has been pointed out that what you're asking takes a substantial amount of work. Keep that in mind when you ask people to do this much work for you repeatedly.

Played a few games of Management Mode yesterday and maybe BigAntStudios of JNT BA can divulge more info regarding this but I notice that players like Buddy Franklin overall dropped to 40 in season 2026. I had a further look through some player lists and noticed Gawn down to 56. Petracca dropped to 41 overall and so on.

Do player overall rating drop as they get older and closer to retirement age or is this just random?
Got to assume itā€™s a bug that hasnā€™t been fixed yet.
Management mode still needs depth though. A lot of things that EVO 2 had could be added.
Got to assume that eventually staples of sports gaming management modes will be added, hasnā€™t been made clear though.

Last edited:

Do player overall rating drop as they get older and closer to retirement age or is this just random? Also I did notice several draftees overall scores increase as well. I am assuming the more game play they get, the better their overall gets?

Still major issues though with players being delisted that would normally not be delisted e.g. Mason Cox, Rampe etc.

Na Cox is fair

Noticing that I'm able to press the mark button and successfully complete the mark (around 80% of the time) before I've even moved my player close to where the ball is predicted to land via the circle on the ground.

Really depends what your tolerance is like

Not great ha. Tbh I loved the previous afl games but waiting for the major flaws of this one to be fixed before buying it.

Do you know anyone that could help get them into the game along with team monograms and sponsors?
I do... but not for you right now. I think everyone knows why. As for others, feel free to throw your requests on the Academy thread preferably in SVG format under 400 nodes.

I'll say this again Magpiesfooty98, I have made all the TSL teams as per the Academy thread. I will upload them when the expansion of custom teams allow it. If it is a battle between my OCD and yours, I will win ;)

Magpiesfooty98 can I suggest that you take some of your persistence and apply it to learning how to make logos for yourself.

Any loose balls near the boundary are impossible to pick up because players run straight over the boundary while doing a long winded pickup animation

There is a backwards tap button, works more reliably than the Evo 2 one.

I hope they get another opportunity to make one and improve and get that chance at redemption from this launch.

Strong case imo there will be one every 2 -3 years, especially as long as Ross is CEO.

• Evo 2 sold 18k five odd years ago, so lets say with the fall out AFL 23 does 15k which is conservative. That's $1.5m revenue which is pretty good for a tiny market on first release.
  • as a general rule you need to be turning a profit on any bus idea within five years. BA will probably be in the black with AFL 25 or worst case AFL 27 - they will need to make their money back and $1.5m - $2m is nothing to sneeze at.
  • the AFL knows they need a good video game, Gillon has said as much. To be honest why they charge for the licence I have no idea. Imagine if BA had more $$ to throw at this.
  • no meaningful competition as covered elsewhere.

How's this for a fun fact - FIFA 23 sold 160m units. If a great AFL game ever goes semi-viral and attracts 0.001% of the FIFA player base, BA just pocketed $16m in revenue. Ironically it could create a risk to the market value of the AFL licence but ignoring that for a sec I really don't that 0.001% figure is beyond all possibility. This is why I think BA should consider an arcade mode at some point - big hits, speccies, power ups, 9 point goals, extreme weather events, you name it. As a game mode, not replacing the core experience. Get some reels and tik toks happening where the game looks like a total blast and who knows.

They'll probably need a second or third iteration of this base game to get it to a simulation standard.

On top of fixing the bugs and movement, the contested play mechanics needs a lot of work. Too many 1v1 marks, 95% ending in a mark either way, there's no fumbling the ball, there's no pack marking, and the wrestling marks are all static with nothing to do other than press Y, no real fighting to get into the right position, sometimes a third man can come in to spoil or specky, that's about it.

Need to incorporate combatable mechanics from their previous Rugby League Live, and Lacrosse games, too, ie collisions, advanced tackling mechanics. Would also like to see the rotating player on the spot after a mark from their 2011 AFL game come back into this.

I think I read they were gonna introduce quick select tactics in this, would also like to be able to custom position players, eFootball has that, not sure if FIFA does?

100%. I would love it if the next one really doubles down on contested ball mechanics to the extent it becomes the game within the game. Done right it could make the series insanely addictive imo.

Take this stuff to the academy thread: Multiplat - AFL23: Academy Thread

I would also emphasise that it has been pointed out that what you're asking takes a substantial amount of work. Keep that in mind when you ask people to do this much work for you repeatedly.

I do... but not for you right now. I think everyone knows why. As for others, feel free to throw your requests on the Academy thread preferably in SVG format under 400 nodes.

I'll say this again Magpiesfooty98, I have made all the TSL teams as per the Academy thread. I will upload them when the expansion of custom teams allow it. If it is a battle between my OCD and yours, I will win ;)

Magpiesfooty98 can I suggest that you take some of your persistence and apply it to learning how to make logos for yourself.
I Have tried i can only create simple logos in-game, if and when a version of the academy shows up on steam i'll be able to upload them upself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does play now play differently to a management mode, no wind in management mode and the game is more freely played in play now šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah tbh Play Now , Season and Management all feel like entirely different on-field experiences. Management feels much slower and choppier

Might get one game in tonight but Monday is usually true crime night on Netflix/Binge with the missus so weā€™ll see!
Hopefully another chance to play and report back tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back