Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the game has had plenty of issues and still has plenty of issues, but you know whatā€™s a shame about the game, which I guess is alittle self inflicted. We get a new patch and instead looking to see how the game has improved, we have some who only want to know what issues are still in the game. Itā€™s like theyā€™re waiting to feast on them. Anyone that says anything positive or mentions improvements there is always someone who comes back and says but but this is still broken, stuck in mud and and this and that ect. I donā€™t know whether theyā€™re trying to spoil someoneā€™s enjoyment but itā€™s a shame.
Again as Iā€™ve said itā€™s mostly self inflicted considering how the game launched, but is this what we have become where people are just looking for faults and issues instead of acknowledging improvements? I get issues need to be addressed and I understand the game has a long way to go but seriously šŸ¤·šŸ»

Itā€™s unfortunate the game released the way it did and that people have lost faith and or not even trying to have faith anymore. Hopefully the game can continue to improve, hopefully I get the Xbox version soon lol šŸ¤ž
Xbox owner as well, they still havenā€™t hit the baseline for sports gaming for me to purchase. Theyā€™ve had over three months now from the initial launch date.

Iā€™m not going sit back and applaud the game ā€œslightly improvingā€ after three weeks of zero patches and zero communication.

Because it's still not at a standard that should be released to the public, and it's been over 2 months. Players are stopping still and doing nothing when the ball is alive in that build. Does any other sport game do that?

Could you imagine if the next patch made the footy disappear but every animation still played out? Can see it happening tbh lol

Because the game was released unfinished and still has glaring bugs such as: all players for no reason stopping still for over 10 seconds instead of chasing the live ball.
That shouldnā€™t happen full stop I agree but I donā€™t think thatā€™s an issue that happens every game. Iā€™m just saying that if someone is enjoying the game (I dunno) let ā€˜em be. We donā€™t have to clap back em reminding them the game still has issues. We all know itā€™s got issues lol

Xbox owner as well, they still havenā€™t hit the baseline for sports gaming for me to purchase. Theyā€™ve had over three months now from the initial launch date.

Iā€™m not going sit back and applaud the game ā€œslightly improvingā€ after three weeks of zero patches and zero communication.
I ainā€™t saying applaud the game far from it. Iā€™m just saying canā€™t we just allow people to enjoy the game with the constant clap back reminder that the game has issues? Thatā€™s my main point I guess. We all know the game has issues still but if someone is enjoying it just let ā€˜em enjoy it. Everyone else is free to critique the game as much they like šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ™‚

I ainā€™t saying applaud the game far from it. Iā€™m just saying canā€™t we just allow people to enjoy the game with the consent clap back reminder that the game has issues? Thatā€™s my main point I guess. We all know the game has issues still but if someone is enjoying it just let ā€˜em enjoy it. Everyone else is free to critique the game as much they like šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ™‚

Pointing out lingering issues isn't 'clapping back' at people enjoying anything. Nonsensical stance.

Yes the game has had plenty of issues and still has plenty of issues, but you know whatā€™s a shame about the game, which I guess is alittle self inflicted. We get a new patch and instead looking to see how the game has improved, we have some who only want to know what issues are still in the game. Itā€™s like theyā€™re waiting to feast on them. Anyone that says anything positive or mentions improvements there is always someone who comes back and says but but this is still broken, stuck in mud and and this and that ect. I donā€™t know whether theyā€™re trying to spoil someoneā€™s enjoyment but itā€™s a shame.
Again as Iā€™ve said itā€™s mostly self inflicted considering how the game launched, but is this what we have become where people are just looking for faults and issues instead of acknowledging improvements? I get issues need to be addressed and I understand the game has a long way to go but seriously šŸ¤·šŸ»

Itā€™s unfortunate the game released the way it did and that people have lost faith and or not even trying to have faith anymore. Hopefully the game can continue to improve, hopefully I get the Xbox version soon lol šŸ¤ž
Think you hit the nail on the head with this last paragraph.
I think itā€™s hard for some to come back with any kind of faith when theyā€™ve been burnt so often.
I try and find the improvements in the game but truth be told, thereā€™s never any ā€˜majorā€™ improvements which is really disappointing considering how long the last patch took.
Stuck in the mud has improved significantly for players on the move but still exists for stationary players.
Handballing is better but still flawed. That seems to be the extent of the improvements which again, after 4 weeks is disappointing.
Obviously they added stuff for Academy and what not but I donā€™t even touch that so for those who are looking at gameplay and management mode improvements like me, I understand the frustrations.

I think we all genuinely want a good AFL game but itā€™s just got such a long way to go still. I donā€™t think it needs to be a long way off but at the rate of their improvements, thatā€™s the reality unfortunately.

Not to mention they still want to release ProTeam before the Xbox version releases which I imagine would mean that the focus will strongly be on the online department next. Just seems like weā€™re so far off the final product and after 3 months, itā€™s just really disappointing

Pointing out lingering issues isn't 'clapping back' at people enjoying anything. Nonsensical stance.
When itā€™s directly back at someone who says theyā€™re enjoying the game it is. If it wasnā€™t a reply or direct response Iā€™d agree with you.

If itā€™s someone who is just coming on here giving their criticism about the game thatā€™s fine. But itā€™s also happening directly back to people who just mentioned something positive.

Last edited:
Think you hit the nail on the head with this last paragraph.
I think itā€™s hard for some to come back with any kind of faith when theyā€™ve been burnt so often.
I try and find the improvements in the game but truth be told, thereā€™s never any ā€˜majorā€™ improvements which is really disappointing considering how long the last patch took.
Stuck in the mud has improved significantly for players on the move but still exists for stationary players.
Handballing is better but still flawed. That seems to be the extent of the improvements which again, after 4 weeks is disappointing.
Obviously they added stuff for Academy and what not but I donā€™t even touch that so for those who are looking at gameplay and management mode improvements like me, I understand the frustrations.

I think we all genuinely want a good AFL game but itā€™s just got such a long way to go still. I donā€™t think it needs to be a long way off but at the rate of their improvements, thatā€™s the reality unfortunately.

Not to mention they still want to release ProTeam before the Xbox version releases which I imagine would mean that the focus will strongly be on the online department next. Just seems like weā€™re so far off the final product and after 3 months, itā€™s just really disappointing
Yeah I agree with all of that. I understand peopleā€™s frustrations but just feel the moment someone comes on saying theyā€™re enjoying something itā€™s met with the constant reminder the game has issues. Just let em enjoy it. Maybe Iā€™m reading into too much? šŸ¤·šŸ» lol

Agree with all of the stuff you said šŸ‘šŸ»

When itā€™s directly back at someone who says theyā€™re enjoying the game it is. If it wasnā€™t a reply or direct response Iā€™d agree with you.

If itā€™s someone who is just coming on here giving their criticism about the game thatā€™s fine. But itā€™s also happening directly back to people who just mentioned something positive.
Have I missed a poster shooting down someone enjoying a play now game theyā€™ve played?

Have I missed a poster shooting down someone enjoying a play now game theyā€™ve played?
Yes below is a post of someone enjoying the game and then 2 posts after it directed at Freo16 reminding him the game is still broken.
First few games post the new ps patch:

• Weather is actually working in season mode now
  • The ā€˜stuck in the mudā€™ issue seems to be gone
  • Handballing is much more smooth and accurate
  • Kicking for goal on the run is much more responsive and thereā€™s no need for a button double press

From a purely gameplay pov, this is now a very good footy game

The responses to that post.
It's definitely still there, and sometimes players just stop moving altogether.

As a word of warning - a lot of us steam users thought the same early, just because it was such a big step up from the previous patch. But give it a few more games and see how you feel. Still enough bugs and every game/team plays the same way. AI needs to use tactics, and generally be smarter, and just overall starts to feel pretty shonky and repetitive after a while. Not to mention that beyond gameplay, the game is still completely broken.

Be careful mate I think thereā€™s been a lot of Mod posts about not criticising what others post on here. I totally agree with your point though. If someones sinking 20+ hours into this (or any) game per week and they enjoy it as is, good for them! I like it more than I did 3 weeks ago but I wont advise anyone to not try it for their own opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question, the PS users do know that the new patch they got isnā€™t new and wouldnā€™t be adding anything new right?

The patch was everything that Steam had gotten in their last 3 patches. So Iā€™m not sure why people had hopes that the problems that steam still had after their latest patch would get fixed. Even looking at the notes, everything was what steam had previously gotten.

From now on the the patches would actually be new stuff they might have been improving but the last patch definitely didnā€™t have anything new.

I certainly didnā€™t have high hopes with the latest patch because steam people still had issues.

If you are someone who loves being optimistic or still has high hopes about patches then the next patch should be the one to look forward to (personally I wouldnā€™t) because that would actually be new things.

Be careful mate I think thereā€™s been a lot of Mod posts about not criticising what others post on here. I totally agree with your point though. If someones sinking 20+ hours into this (or any) game per week and they enjoy it as is, good for them! I like it more than I did 3 weeks ago but I wont advise anyone to not try it for their own opinions.
Nah not criticising other peoples posts in fact everyone itā€™s entitled to their own opinion šŸ‘šŸ». And thatā€™s my point if people are enjoying the game as it is, then fine. If not, thatā€™s fine too but I wouldnā€™t tell people there are wrong to have said opinion based on my own. Let everyone enjoy or not enjoy the game itā€™s everyoneā€™s choice šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Was really hoping for some significant management improvements.
As I have previously said, Ross and JNT were always very quiet when questions were asked about what else was being added to management mode. This always made me feel like management mode is exactly where they intended it to be and that there weren't any plans for any additions.

Unfortunately I think it's as bare as it's going to be until AFL 24/25 etc.

But what was incorrect about what I said?
Nah not saying what you said was incorrect. Im merely making an example of someone having something positive to say then straight away someone responds with a negative and reminder of an issue with the game. I just say let people enjoy the game lol.. all good šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m with you CraigMc24.
I copped a personal attack after posting something positiveā€¦ but the mods deleted it before I had a chance to replyā€¦

Nothing wrong with being positive about the things you like.

Saying that, I do still see some issues in the game, which I report to BigAnt Support and donā€™t always post here, knowing it just fuels the haters.

Iā€™m with you CraigMc24.
I copped a personal attack after posting something positiveā€¦ but the mods deleted it before I had a chance to replyā€¦

Nothing wrong with being positive about the things you like.

Saying that, I do still see some issues in the game, which I report to BigAnt Support and donā€™t always post here, knowing it just fuels the haters.
And I've copped many ad hominems and a questionable DM for making observations of the issues or suggestions. Calling people "haters" just for observing the glaring issues that are evident on video does not make much sense.

I'm a huge sim style sports gamer, I love realism and playing the game the same way. I've played and enjoyed many seasons of Madden, NBA 2K and FIFA.

It's an utter disgrace that I've only touched Play Now mode in AFL23, such is the absolutely horrific mess of management mode. That two part Reddit post went from concerning to alarming to laughable. All they've seemingly done is paste together 23 Play Now games and shoved them into a "management mode". The "deepest AFL game ever" has a management mode where the extent of management is just selecting a line-up for each game LOL

And in saying all that, gameplay is still an issue šŸ¤£ months after release.

They should just stick to their Cricket title to generate revenue because you'd have to be brain dead to go and purchase any other title from these amateurs again.

It's an utter disgrace that I've only touched Play Now mode in AFL23, such is the absolutely horrific mess of management mode. That two part Reddit post went from concerning to alarming to laughable. All they've seemingly done is paste together 23 Play Now games and shoved them into a "management mode". The "deepest AFL game ever" has a management mode where the extent of management is just selecting a line-up for each game LOL
This is the part that annoys me. I'd love an explanation from BA or Rossco on how it is the deepest AFL game ever? EVO 2 was so much deeper in their management/player career modes. Just give us an example or how it's deeper than EVO 2? That's all I ask.

Nah not criticising other peoples posts in fact everyone itā€™s entitled to their own opinion šŸ‘šŸ». And thatā€™s my point if people are enjoying the game as it is, then fine. If not, thatā€™s fine too but I wouldnā€™t tell people there are wrong to have said opinion based on my own. Let everyone enjoy or not enjoy the game itā€™s everyoneā€™s choice šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ™‚

Yeah 100% and I think a huge divider is individual player experience also. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but with this game, some people experience things that others arenā€™t and then thereā€™s an obvious mystery as to how this can happen. The game still seems better now on PS5 than a month ago which is a start but Iā€™m not rushing to play it either šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Yeah 100% and I think a huge divider is individual player experience also. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but with this game, some people experience things that others arenā€™t and then thereā€™s an obvious mystery as to how this can happen. The game still seems better now on PS5 than a month ago which is a start but Iā€™m not rushing to play it either šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
This is what confuses me. I've stopped playing game now due to fear of throwing the controller through the flipping TV but I was still getting random crashes which JNT said was weird due to the reports of game crashes dropping off. I'm still on PS4. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still game crashes at random times. Could not be answered as to why.

functioning weather effects
Surprised BA didn't use the weather as an excuse as to why players were getting stuck in the mud.

1689129067859.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back