Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask in management mode if there is or will ever be a way to not have coleman medalists and brownlow medalists feel less randomized? I know it's been a problem with a majority of AFL games but I just wanna know if there will ever be a fix to it?

It's infuriating fighting the good AI vs the bad AI when it's glitching out. People will laugh but I always think yep now's the time to stop playing, but I always reset and launch back in when the nightly patch releases :p

** EDIT TO ADD **

Sounding like a broken record, the core game play is fun (kicks, marks, handballs, goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllls both set shot and on the run). The niggling issues just detract from the overall experience. I'm not a Big Ant nor a Wicked Witch fanboy - I just want the best experience possible (and for an Aussie developer it's not going to scale the same heights of NBA 2K or Fifa - because the budgets are not the same).

*EDIT TO REPLY TO A PREVIOUS COMMENT I MADE IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD *

"A month away is a little optimistic, granted there have been a lot of developments over the last 2 weeks and the game is much improved. But any future patch could derail the progress (as seen with the handball last night). I don't want it to happen, but I think cautious optimism is required."

I made this post with no negative intentions, yet it copped a dislike from a certain someone!! I was replying to the poster who basically said it'll be great within a month. I was trying to imply to be cautiously optimistic with that ambition, yes in all likelyhood the game will be much more improved by then (as we have seen the game get REALLY REALLY REALLY good over the last 2 weeks). But in saying that with a lot of the improvements we've had, we've also had a few setbacks (which I'm sure have driven the developers nuts trying to figure out why x is doing z instead of x doing y). All we can do is remain hopeful that the game will truly shine soon.

One of my pet peeves is that, definitely.

BigAntStudios while your online could you answer the following question from the old thread...

Will the unique and different run outs for each team at their home games be added in. For example the big inflatable eagle tunnel with the sparklers, firework things and smoke etc and eagle home games. Feel like it would add more realism to the game and give that home game exciting feeling a touch more. Just an idea and understand that gameplay is the main priority right now.

Love where the game is heading and definitely enjoying it alot right now.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 6.24.04 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 6.24.04 pm.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 39
Can I ask in management mode if there is or will ever be a way to not have coleman medalists and brownlow medalists feel less randomized? I know it's been a problem with a majority of AFL games but I just wanna know if there will ever be a fix to it?
Not even sure how they’d fix it. Code the simulated games to make sure only key forwards kick bags?

Should rename this game to something like, "patchy AFL game"

Why did you bother releasing this game if it needs 100+ patches

BigAntStudios
Not sure why it can't just be admitted that it simply wasn't ready for release on the day it was meant to be released. It's clear Microsoft won't let it come out on their console because of how buggy the game is. All these "features" being drip fed after release - it clearly wasn't ready 3 weeks ago, or whenever the release date was.

Some real smoke and mirrors stuff going on.

Not sure why it can't just be admitted that it simply wasn't ready for release on the day it was meant to be released. It's clear Microsoft won't let it come out on their console because of how buggy the game is. All these "features" being drip fed after release - it clearly wasn't ready 3 weeks ago, or whenever the release date was.

Some real smoke and mirrors stuff going on.
Yeah, we paid eveyone off at the Launch party, especially the current footballers that were playing it, and all of the streamers in the week before release.

The team are doing the best they can, I couldn't ask more of them, and this will be the best AFL game by some margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's infuriating fighting the good AI vs the bad AI when it's glitching out. People will laugh but I always think yep now's the time to stop playing, but I always reset and launch back in when the nightly patch releases :p

** EDIT TO ADD **

Sounding like a broken record, the core game play is fun (kicks, marks, handballs, goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllls both set shot and on the run). The niggling issues just detract from the overall experience. I'm not a Big Ant nor a Wicked Witch fanboy - I just want the best experience possible (and for an Aussie developer it's not going to scale the same heights of NBA 2K or Fifa - because the budgets are not the same).

*EDIT TO REPLY TO A PREVIOUS COMMENT I MADE IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD *

"A month away is a little optimistic, granted there have been a lot of developments over the last 2 weeks and the game is much improved. But any future patch could derail the progress (as seen with the handball last night). I don't want it to happen, but I think cautious optimism is required."

I made this post with no negative intentions, yet it copped a dislike from a certain someone!! I was replying to the poster who basically said it'll be great within a month. I was trying to imply to be cautiously optimistic with that ambition, yes in all likelyhood the game will be much more improved by then (as we have seen the game get REALLY REALLY REALLY good over the last 2 weeks). But in saying that with a lot of the improvements we've had, we've also had a few setbacks (which I'm sure have driven the developers nuts trying to figure out why x is doing z instead of x doing y). All we can do is remain hopeful that the game will truly shine soon.

Not a dislike - a disagree, and on that, I am also allowed to disagree with the spamming of this thread - it's not helping.

Derail?? We found the handball issue, did not put it out on the Consoles and reverted in the morning - hardly a "derail".

Yeah, we paid eveyone off at the Launch party, especially the current footballers that were playing it, and all of the streamers in the week before release.

The team are doing the best they can, I couldn't ask more of them, and this will be the best AFL game by some margin.
What people don't understand that the Day one patch stuff the game been explain 1000 times bang head

How is it that the game seemed fine at the Launch Party? A lot of my issues day 1 were with the AI and the game did feel a lot better against real people, but I’m surprised stability didn’t appear to be a problem.

BigAntStudios while your online could you answer the following question from the old thread...

Will the unique and different run outs for each team at their home games be added in. For example the big inflatable eagle tunnel with the sparklers, firework things and smoke etc and eagle home games. Feel like it would add more realism to the game and give that home game exciting feeling a touch more. Just an idea and understand that gameplay is the main priority right now.

Love where the game is heading and definitely enjoying it alot right now.

Thanks
It's on the list but a fair way down.

What people don't understand that the Day one patch stuff the game been explain 1000 times bang head
And game was stripped back to find fix and replace the errors. I really like the game i get angry at times but end of the day i get to play an AFL game so i love the work to get the game better and back to its best!

Despite its obvious flaws, it already is the BEST AFL game by some margin
And it’s the only way I get to see Hawthorn win football games so I’m all for this 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back