Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having fun w Pro team but encountering issues. On PS4 have had several crashes changing the line up, including once where i spent 15 minutes getting everything perfect. A couple of other times I was unable to exit because the game needed me to select a kick out player, which I had done. Also something really does seem nqr with the tackling, I'd put money on some gameplay regression but willing to consider that now the 'failed tackle' dynamic is front and centre the awkward way it's handled is difficult to look past. Point blank, players running to a contest and just standing there is driving me spare. Give us something to work with BA!

The swing around costs you precious time when you first get possession and have to wait for it to see clearly.
True, but you get the hang. 80% of the time you either get a second to look or you're tackled in a way where it's easy to handball. The other 20% you could be in strife but side view has it's own risk/reward as well.

The upside is you're one step closer to the holy grail - playing reasonably close to the action but with good awareness of what's up the field. Passing feels an order of magnitude more satisfying, even if nothing is really changing. It's a step towards the simulation side of things. Also not having to press L3 every time you mark the ball is nice bonus.

Right now I'm enjoying the 60/40 camera view best. Seems to be the right balance.

How exactly do contracts work? Very new to this and I have got a few contracts for example I have a gold contact which shows +60 (brown color) +30(yellow color) +10(green color), what does this mean?
You'll get a better answer soon but in short the players you have will run out of games on their 'contract' (which in AFL 23 terms is probably a game counter) and contracts extend their use. So during a season you'll reach a point where contracts are more valuable than ~95% of other cards you receive.

Grain of salt, haven't needed to use them yet etc etc.

How exactly do contracts work? Very new to this and I have got a few contracts for example I have a gold contact which shows +60 (brown color) +30(yellow color) +10(green color), what does this mean?
Each player card will have a number of games assigned to it when received from a pack. Bronze players have 30, silver 25, gold 20, etc. when the games run out for a player you canā€™t play them until you renew contract with the contract card.

The contract card tells you the amount of games the contract will include for the player you select. The +60 bronze means the contract can give 60 games to a bronze or silver player. The +30 means it can give 30 games to a gold player. Or the +10 green means it can give 10 games to a emerald, sapphire, diamond player.

Each contract card can only be used on 1 player.

Each player card will have a number of games assigned to it when received from a pack. Bronze players have 30, silver 25, gold 20, etc. when the games run out for a player you canā€™t play them until you renew contract with the contract card.

The contract card tells you the amount of games the contract will include for the player you select. The +60 bronze means the contract can give 60 games to a bronze or silver player. The +30 means it can give 30 games to a gold player. Or the +10 green means it can give 10 games to a emerald, sapphire, diamond player.

Each contract card can only be used on 1 player.
So even if the card is bronze or silver it can be used on an emerald, sapphire or diamond player, just for less games ?

I am reading that lots of people are having contract issues. This is not a proteam issue, this is a mismanagement issue or not knowing how to claim all the rewards A few tips:

1.You should not use your elite players for easy/ unimportant games. Example: playing ladder leaders on the easiest mode should only warrant your full team of bronze players. I personally have created an A lineup; B lineup and C lineup.

2. Play all the coach battle options, this is the fastest way to build your squad and get rewards/contracts. I play on medium as a good balance between winning and gaining Xp/FPS.

3. You should be using FPS to pick booster packs, picking the premium or ultimate bronze, silver, gold contract whenever you get a chance when you open a booster pack. If you just get player packs, you wonā€™t get the contracts you need. I tend to average picking a contract at least every 5 picks. As you build your squad, picking contract cards should then end up being more frequent.

4. Make sure you are claiming rewards via level progression and objectives.

If you are doing these things, having no contracts should never be an issue
Honestly Iā€™ve been using my main lineup for the easy games for a couple reasons. The main one is that I want to assure myself of a win, I donā€™t want to accidentally screw myself by picking too weak of a team. The other reason is so that I can rack up scores easily, therefore also earning more XP and FP. The difference is probably negligible but it gives me peace of mind while playing by I guess. I suppose it also helps me get used to the cards I have and understand their strengths a little bit better the more I use them.

Would love to know if anyone has a favourite and least favourite ground to play at. Personally I canā€™t stand playing at Marvel as Big Antā€™s concrete texture is far too light in general and itā€™s very jarring in the concrete bowl that is Marvel, plus I think wind is a factor there when it realistically shouldnā€™t be. Optus is another I donā€™t like, the glitching texture on the wing annoys me at every centre bounce.
Coburg City Oval was my go-to as its local, I go there quite often and have an attachment to the VFL club. Nice little ground and I enjoy seeing it in such accurate detail. Hadnā€™t seen Henson Park before recently but that ground is really cool, feels like a proper local ground which is a cool change up from your typical big stadiums. Punt Road might be my favourite though, having the G and AAMI Park in the background is sick, as is the detail in the street and on Richmond Station. Hoping I can pull the stadium and set it as my default tbh.
Thereā€™s a lot of things shitcan BA for (some justified, some less so) but attention to detail in the art department is far from being one of their weaknesses.

Would love to know if anyone has a favourite and least favourite ground to play at. Personally I canā€™t stand playing at Marvel as Big Antā€™s concrete texture is far too light in general and itā€™s very jarring in the concrete bowl that is Marvel, plus I think wind is a factor there when it realistically shouldnā€™t be. Optus is another I donā€™t like, the glitching texture on the wing annoys me at every centre bounce.
Coburg City Oval was my go-to as its local, I go there quite often and have an attachment to the VFL club. Nice little ground and I enjoy seeing it in such accurate detail. Hadnā€™t seen Henson Park before recently but that ground is really cool, feels like a proper local ground which is a cool change up from your typical big stadiums. Punt Road might be my favourite though, having the G and AAMI Park in the background is sick, as is the detail in the street and on Richmond Station. Hoping I can pull the stadium and set it as my default tbh.
Thereā€™s a lot of things shitcan BA for (some justified, some less so) but attention to detail in the art department is far from being one of their weaknesses.
Yeah love Punt Rd. The 'G and AAMI Park in the background are awesome... even a bit of Richmond Train Station.

I play at RSEA for the local aspect too... always been my local ground.

I have a love/hate relationship with Trevor Barker Oval, because I like the bay in the background, but get annoyed by the reflection off the water because it's upside-down and doesn't abide by the laws of physics... haha.
Also, the big trees on the close wing in Side view get really annoying.

Caught holding the ball in my goal square.

Free kick taker teleported 150m down the ground to their goalsquare.

I hate this game.
Had that a couple times too. Thankfully the AI doesnā€™t go straight into set shot mode so itā€™s possible to not concede as a result but itā€™s super annoying when it happens.
Yeah love Punt Rd. The 'G and AAMI Park in the background are awesome... even a bit of Richmond Train Station.

I play at RSEA for the local aspect too... always been my local ground.

I have a love/hate relationship with Trevor Barker Oval, because I like the bay in the background, but get annoyed by the reflection off the water because it's upside-down and doesn't abide by the laws of physics... haha.
Also, the big trees on the close wing in Side view get really annoying.

I have a lot of issues with end to end camera when Iā€™m taking a kick from somewhere close to the goals, I canā€™t see more than the grass 15 metres away from my player which makes it a complete gamble as to where my kick goes. But I can tolerate it at Punt Rd because the scenery makes up for it lol. Itā€™s made me wonder how difficult it would be to pull out the 3d models of Punt Rd and the MCG from this game, AAMI Park from RLL and Melbourne Park from AO Tennis 2 and combine them into an open world map to just free roam in, I reckon itā€™d be pretty cool tbh.

I hate this game.

HaVe YoU sUbMiTtEd A tIcKeT tho?

Seems to be a new bug, I had 2 opponent marks on the goal line, the ones that look like they are 5m over the line, and then their set shot was taken from the wrong side of the goal line and they just launched a rushed behind from the grandstand.

I understand bugs can happen, but the whole attitude they have of 'submit a ticket' it's like no, don't release a broken game. If you do, take any feedback you can get, don't put it on customers to do your admin for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate this game.

I encountered an old Day 1 bug from last year when my defender ran all the way up the ground along the boundary and all other players ran away from the ball until I got to about 20m out on an angle šŸ˜³

Pro team is quite bland but once that new game mode smell went away, this is boring

Coach battles seems broken

ladder leaders is just a shitty tactic to boost their "hours" played metric with its 10 & 15 minute qtr bullshit

online games feel like half time the games mechanics shut down for one player while the other player becomes unstoppable

The pack setup is hot garbage, eventaully if you rely on points only, you're screwed

The 60m goal trophy is still bugged. BigAnt insisted that it was fine on their end despite numerous complaints before eventually sending the details to their QA team for further testing.

Glad to see bombing a goal from 65m still doesnā€™t reward the trophy.

Honestly Iā€™ve been using my main lineup for the easy games for a couple reasons. The main one is that I want to assure myself of a win, I donā€™t want to accidentally screw myself by picking too weak of a team. The other reason is so that I can rack up scores easily, therefore also earning more XP and FP. The difference is probably negligible but it gives me peace of mind while playing by I guess. I suppose it also helps me get used to the cards I have and understand their strengths a little bit better the more I use them.

I fell victim to using my Bronze / Silver team for the 7th highest ladder lead match in state of origin which was against a team on medium and I botched it massively, lost and now have to start again.

shattered cause the next reward was a 25% FP boost..

As a separate note had 2 online games last night that didn't run as smooth as my previous 7 or 8 that were very very clean.

Being P2P connection I don't know if other streaming was happening in my house at the same time, but it felt like my opponent was handballing fine on their screen but on my screen I'm laying tackles and they are managing to handball out of every situation.

just seemed a bit delayed essentially.

got torched in both games too unfortunately.

And here I was with my best players sitting out games because I was looking for emerald contract cards šŸ˜‚
Yep, so figured out really quickly that the contracts are worth their weight in gold (pardon the pun).

Effectively the 'cosmetic' cards are blah.
No point wasting your picks on loading up on banners/logos/songs/ovals/etc. as that means less picks you use for players & contracts. Just get the minimum (maybe a variety of gurnseys to avoid clashes) and then get your head into running a football club.

So I had one the other day where I got to pick 4 cards and just went all 4 as contracts.
But then it came down to WHICH contract card to pick. Reason being that some cards might say "Gold Ultra Contract" but I find it best to look at what the card is offering before selecting it.

For example, a card that gives you 80 games for Bronze players by 1 game for Emerald or above compared to a card that gives you 20 games for Bronze players, but 8 games for Emerald or above, I would take the latter as I am more likely to use it on those bigger names.

As for the numbers on the cards and what they do, you have:
  • Brown - Bronze or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards bronze and silver cards
  • Yellow - Gold or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards a gold player
  • Green - Emerald or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards all those players in the Emerald, Blue (I think it's sapphire), Diamond and all the other big ones

But as someone said before... yes it can only be used for 1 player, hence why it is recommended to load up and only use your best team for the more difficult challenges (no point using a team rated 87 overall against a team rated 66 overall)

Just gave ProTeam a whirl for a couple hours. Still some flaws that really shouldn't exist, but the mode is fun and will hold my interest for some casual play for a bit. If it was there at launch it may well have changed things.

Yep, so figured out really quickly that the contracts are worth their weight in gold (pardon the pun).

Effectively the 'cosmetic' cards are blah.
No point wasting your picks on loading up on banners/logos/songs/ovals/etc. as that means less picks you use for players & contracts. Just get the minimum (maybe a variety of gurnseys to avoid clashes) and then get your head into running a football club.

So I had one the other day where I got to pick 4 cards and just went all 4 as contracts.
But then it came down to WHICH contract card to pick. Reason being that some cards might say "Gold Ultra Contract" but I find it best to look at what the card is offering before selecting it.

For example, a card that gives you 80 games for Bronze players by 1 game for Emerald or above compared to a card that gives you 20 games for Bronze players, but 8 games for Emerald or above, I would take the latter as I am more likely to use it on those bigger names.

As for the numbers on the cards and what they do, you have:
  • Brown - Bronze or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards bronze and silver cards
  • Yellow - Gold or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards a gold player
  • Green - Emerald or Above - meaning those contracts will go towards all those players in the Emerald, Blue (I think it's sapphire), Diamond and all the other big ones

But as someone said before... yes it can only be used for 1 player, hence why it is recommended to load up and only use your best team for the more difficult challenges (no point using a team rated 87 overall against a team rated 66 overall)
Yeah I see absolutely no reason to get banners or songs etc. (only to sell them, I guess if thereā€™s nothing else of worth in a pack).
Iā€™ve also never hosted a game so I might as well sell all my stadiums if I could šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been taking some cosmetic items but yeah, realistically you donā€™t even need more than your active items. Now that I have a good banner and my ideal club song (Port SANFL), itā€™s just matter of only collecting the uniforms I want to use. That being said, I might keep using the Giantsā€™ derby jumper as my primary kit just cause itā€™s good for contrast against a plain white kit (for that I use the Northern Bullants clash jumper).

From what Iā€™ve see online all the cards seem to be the same is that correct? Keeping seeing Bont at 92 overall.

Are there no multiple versions of players like Bont in Emerald Ruby Gold Or Bronze itā€™s just the one card per player?

I know itā€™s early days but man that seems so boring, I donā€™t play a lot of the nba my team but theyā€™ve got a lot of variety in the cards which seems to make it interesting.

Completing the objectives is better, however some still don't update after a game. The "kick 10 goals with a livewire or crumbing forward" and "take 5 marks inside 50 with a one out forward" dont seem to work even though I completed both in a single game with McCreery and Caddy.

Some others work like the contested marks with a key position ruck and clearances with an explosive mid. Hopefully they can fix all the objectives soon. I'm finding the coaches challenge and ladder leader are way better modes to build your team with better rewards and more XP & FP. Especially if you're doing an RTG/no money spent like myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back