Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios Are you giving the team a break this weekend or continuing the nightly patches?
QA are working through.

There will be a patch tonight for everyone, not sure if there will be Steam patches on the weekend, that will depend on QA results.

I'm going to reiterate something I said on the last thread. Games should be released to a playable and functional standard. That goes for patches too. That's how it used to be. I don't know what's changed. I'm obviously not in the industry but if something is hampering games working as intended then the whole industry has to have a look at that. However, there is no need to be rude or petty. I think people are just frustrated with this games launch. Keep up the good work however big ant. Long story short we should be able to critique he studio for releasing unfinished games and patches. We shouldn't get hostile however.

I'm going to reiterate something I said on the last thread. Games should be released to a playable and functional standard. That goes for patches too. That's how it used to be. I don't know what's changed. I'm obviously not in the industry but if something is hampering games working as intended then the whole industry has to have a look at that. However, there is no need to be rude or petty. I think people are just frustrated with this games launch. Keep up the good work however big ant. Long story short we should be able to critique he studio for releasing unfinished games and patches. We shouldn't get hostile however.
Yep. And thereā€™s some people in here that have crossed that line several times.

Donā€™t even need a specific date, even if itā€™s just in the next week? 1-2 weeks etc.
I feel like people will quit the attitude if they have some answers!
Great work man!

If he gives a date and then it doesnā€™t make the cut like a few things have previously, he will be roasted. People will have a sook either way so itā€™s probably better for him to just do what he is doing. Confirming they will be in but canā€™t exactly give a date is probably the smartest choice for him.

BigAntStudios, Hey Ross do you know when the goal kicking on the run change will be implemented
We're still balancing it with respect to footedness/accuracy/wind/pressure/etc. - my expectation is now Monday, unless there are further issues found with it.

It's a very subjective balance, even within BA QA there are degrees of it being claimed too hard/easy with the same settings.

Also discussing and having grown up debates in a text thread is harder than in real life. You can't tell what peoples tones are through messages alone lmao. Maybe we should all have a beer with ross and the crew instead of sitting at home

We're still balancing it with respect to footedness/accuracy/wind/pressure/etc. - my expectation is now Monday, unless there are further issues found with it.

It's a very subjective balance, even within BA QA there are degrees of it being claimed too hard/easy with the same settings.
What do you mean by footedness exactly?

On that subject, how many much longer will daily patches continue for if you had to estimate? Love all the hard work from you and the BA crew mate.
I predict it will be nightly until we are feature complete, then weekly.

The team have estimated that sometime next week will be the last of daily patches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game suddenly keeps crashing when trying to play a SANFL v WAFL side in play now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We'd need more context to be able help - please contact support.bigant.com

Hey Ross, have you guys thought about the goal kicking charge meter for both on the run and set shot goals to be a continuous acceleration akin to shooting in NBA2k? The speed of acceleration could be determined by skill attributes of the player.

I firmly believe this is the best way to add challenge based off the person playing plus the in game players attributes and also the feeling of satisfaction when it is pulled off

Wonder what bs is gonna be in tonightā€™s patch. Probs still no tactics or fixing the shot meter
Iā€™m sure Big Ant are sorry that every single patch isnā€™t to your liking.
Maybe you can suggest they stop altogether and release nothing instead and leave us with the current game?
Try commenting something helpful

Long story short we should be able to critique he studio for releasing unfinished games and patches. We shouldn't get hostile however.
The same goes for those developers whoā€™s game(s) are being constructively criticised.

Iā€™ve come across some (very recently) who downplay concerns and simply tell people theyā€™re wrong and act more childish than those critiquing it.

Respect goes both ways.

a6dfe479d21f936a598ccf1d1e1e872c.jpg

Set shot kicking is better but still easy. Just had this belter of a game, whatā€™s the likelihood of an option for extra time in online games in future? I love draws in footy but kinda sucks when you get it online, but also cool to see for the first time.

Can Hardwick quit on here too?
I feel McQualter would have a more competitive side!

PS: Iā€™m clearly awful at this šŸ˜‚

I got smashed by Sydney in this game

5X285QP.png

Yet the following game against Collingwood.... Collingwood was 1 . 2 8 - North Melbourne was 10.8 68

This strategy doesn't always go belly up for me, but when it does I pay for it dearly :( :p

I like the Indigenous round graphics on the ground, especially the flag in the goal square!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back