Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Evolution games had all the features and absolutely dogsh*t gameplay. I'd take no features and good gameplay over anything WW ever served up.
I completely agree. But imagine how good this game would be if we had more features! Hopefully once the gameplay is fixed, which I feel like is close to happening, we get added depth!

So after the last patch I love how they have added the realistic WAFL, SANFL and VFL Seasons have been added. But still like when initially doing it via Custom Competition/Season it just crashes the entire game in the middle of a game. For a WAFL match usually within or at around 3 Goals scored in total and will freeze as the ball goes through in line with the goals from a set shot or on the run from in play. Same with SANFL but might get to near 3 qtrs before same bug as ball goes through and freezes in line with the posts and then crashes the entire game. Haven't even tried the VFL. AFL Season seems ok last I checked. This is really frustrating and hope it be solved soon šŸ˜„ As a Falcons supporter I love to play a full WAFL season šŸ™‚

Why did they change the direction on the goal kick meter? It was perfectly fine how it wasā€¦.
I think itā€™s a glitch, mine started out going left to right for a right footer. When I had a left footer take a set shot, it changed to right to left and stayed that way no matter if the next set shot taker is right or left footed.

FYI ticket submitted to ba about it.

In mid season draft or any draft for that matter, do we know if all SANFL/WAFL/VFL players will be available to be drafted?
Would love to bring McBean back to Richmond from Glenelg šŸ˜‚

Just imagining a forward like with Samson Ryan & Liam McBean and two sets of gangly limbs going everywhere!

Todays update, and the game is looking even betterer!
Big Me GIF by Foo Fighters

With all this discussion about Evo 2 vs AFL23.
I think the fact there is even a discussion on the matter shows how dissapoinitng AFL23 has been to this point.
The last week of patches have made little to no inroads on improving gameplay.

Personally with my Evo 2 vs AFL23:

Afl23
-better graphics
-better animations
-kicking accuracy far greater
-better customability
-UI nicer

Afl Evo 2
-Although random, stopage setups weren't just man on man and allowed the ruck to actually hit a player on there own.
-handball accuracy far greater
-player movement far better and you don't get the stuck in the mud feeling AFL23 has and your turning circle isn't like a Toyota Landcruiser.
-far less glitches and bugs.
-you could at least pretend management mode was fun.

I actually reckon if you took the good bits from both games the outcome would be a bloody good game.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats what I've been saying! Unfortunately Ross doesn't agree. I have a feeling we won't see improvement until the next iteration ):
There is such a lack of management aspect to it that it almost just feels like a season mode. What is there to manage? All year literally all you do is select the team lineup on gameday and that's it. The trade period is dog shit and massively underwhelming, the rookie contracts are unintuitive as, no way to pass on draft picks, no training modes at all, no communication with players, no tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also (this one is harder to replicate in replays, I'll try and record it live the next time I see it happening) I don't get why there's sometimes a freeze during the kick in after a behind is scored.... like the other players can roam around (even have one player invade the goal square begging for the free kick) but my kick in player refuses to move and takes an eternity to even play on.

Sometimes the player will auto rotate direction, I used to think it was my controller being wonky/telling me it's time to recharge the battery but it surely has to be in the game (I've tried multiple controllers after all).

I wish BA would have forgone labouring on facescans and stadium authenticity and just put most of the work into the gameplay. Art side should have just been on the motion capture stuff. I'd take 2007 graphics with fantastic gameplay and not many modes. I'm serious, I play games for the gameplay, not graphics.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to get our artists and photographers to stop doing face scans in future and get them to focus on coding gameplay.

I think itā€™s a glitch, mine started out going left to right for a right footer. When I had a left footer take a set shot, it changed to right to left and stayed that way no matter if the next set shot taker is right or left footed.

FYI ticket submitted to ba about it.
It should have always been left to right for left, and right to left for right - we changed it to be consistent with the upcoming non-set shot goal kicking changes.

I wish BA would have forgone labouring on facescans and stadium authenticity and just put most of the work into the gameplay. Art side should have just been on the motion capture stuff. I'd take 2007 graphics with fantastic gameplay and not many modes. I'm serious, I play games for the gameplay, not graphics.
you say this but you'd all start complaining about the fact it literally has 2007 graphics

you say this but you'd all start complaining about the fact it literally has 2007 graphics
If you'd seen the quality of his videos you'd know he doesn't care about graphics in the slightest, he has NFI.

Have seen countless videos on Facebook of almost lifelike cut scenes and people still say ā€œlove this N64 gameā€. Will never win either way

Neither do half the people here. How do you continue to come in here and read some of the crap some people are writing about your game?
Ignore button would be his mate. In between the turd, thereā€™s still a lot of good conversation and constructive tips. Safer environment than social media too - weā€™re all footy mad and not trying to look like comedians/heroes on our personal profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back