Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AI v AI matches are a bit lacklustre. Don't really make the greatest decisions in games.

Champion Data must love Hawthorn. Putting them against Geelong and they won 3/3 matches by 20-50 points. Even in the third game they were up by 30 at half time. I took control of Geelong in the third quarter and made the scores level at the start of the last quarter. Hawthorn went on to win by 46.

In comparison Hawthorn lost to Essendon 3/3 matches.

AIs set shot accuracy needs a retune. So many shots out on the full!!

I'm sure the whole team management screen is getting a work over, right? Bugs aside, it's not very user friendly either.

Also... this thread's a very interesting social experiment on how much value different people place on $100. I've spent that much on dinner for two that was terrible, but I'm not still in contact with the chef asking for answers.

Disappointment is one thing, entitlement is another. Devils advocate - You should get what you paid for. I know, but sometimes... shit happens. The game is getting there.

One last thing. Well done BA on the implementation of tactics. Not one complaint about them from what I've seen. Looking forward to the next patch!

Also... this thread's a very interesting social experiment on how much value different people place on $100. I've spent that much on dinner for two that was terrible, but I'm not still in contact with the chef asking for answers.
What a ridiculous analogy, not even remotely similar examples.

You should get what you paid for. I know, but sometimes... s**t happens. The game is getting there.
And if you donā€™t get what you paid for you should be at least given the courtesy of a reason and/or timeline of when it can be expected, not some pick-and-choose scenario.

The game ā€œgetting thereā€ is irrelevant to those whoā€™s questions are not being answered or seen.

Last edited:

One last thing. Well done BA on the implementation of tactics. Not one complaint about them from what I've seen. Looking forward to the next patch!

I didn't realise that tactics are saved game by game. Went into the menu thinking I'd have to change them by default again. But they were the same selections as when I last did the menu earlier in the week.

I'd be fine with ad hoc responses if this pre-launch promise was kept:

As mentioned on occasions to numerous to count, no one will be in the dark about the contents of this game prior to purchase - and that is all that should matter.

Friendly reminder that its been a month since release and we're still in the dark about the contents of the game.

I answer ad-hoc, thatā€™s the way it is.

Also not going to see many of the Qiā€™s due to ignore, in particular the one you are referring to is on my ignore.
Brother, we were literally told weā€™d know the full feature list before the game dropped. 6 weeks in and we donā€™t even know what management mode will look like.
The secrecy is beyond a joke at this point

Any news on a possible patch soon? I am desperate! Really hoping that the management mode post game screen bug has been fixed, also hoping for some big changes considering the time since the last patch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on a possible patch soon? I am desperate! Really hoping that the management mode post game screen bug has been fixed, also hoping for some big changes considering the time since the last patch.

The patch for pc yesterday is decent, but not sure it'll be the big game changer people are hoping for. Not sure what differences (if any) to management mode there will be in terms of crash fixes.... hopefully there's a few. I've just been toiling away in play now matches experimenting with game play styles and such.

I'd loveeeeeeeee to have full control over the player and all directions instead of having to veer around an area like I'm driving around a round-a-bout unable to directly get to the player with the ball!!

I can't believe an 8bit era game had better control than something designed from 2022/23!!!

Just like James Hird I am shocked to be sitting here

The patch for pc yesterday is decent, but not sure it'll be the big game changer people are hoping for. Not sure what differences (if any) to management mode there will be in terms of crash fixes.... hopefully there's a few. I've just been toiling away in play now matches experimenting with game play styles and such.

I'd loveeeeeeeee to have full control over the player and all directions instead of having to veer around an area like I'm driving around a round-a-bout unable to directly get to the player with the ball!!

I can't believe an 8bit era game had better control than something designed from 2022/23!!!

Just like James Hird I am shocked to be sitting here

Completely missed that PC got a patch yesterday, cheers!

Another thing I randomly worked out (donā€™t think I had ever read it here), along with the right stick tackling success, was when I have the ball I usually default sprint R2. But when caught, I ALWAYS couldnā€˜t get the ball out if/when tackled..

BUT again out of pure frustration, I tried no sprinting, and low and behold, I can now usually get a sloppy handball or even kick away (without having to do the ā€œraise armsā€, which Iā€™m not sure actually does anything..

Its not a great solution, as the AI almost always sprint AND get a kick/handball away when tackled, so Iā€™m sacrificing creating space for the ability to ping around the ball a bit more - but with the handball accuracy not being great, and the INSANELY ANNOYING stuck in the mud when receiving a handball, itā€™s not a perfect solution.

Iā€™d love to ask Ross if this is correct (and the right stick tackling), but Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m on his blocked list because I talked about Evo 2 in a positive light once..

Another thing I randomly worked out (donā€™t think I had ever read it here), along with the right stick tackling success, was when I have the ball I usually default sprint R2. But when caught, I ALWAYS couldnā€˜t get the ball out if/when tackled..

BUT again out of pure frustration, I tried no sprinting, and low and behold, I can now usually get a sloppy handball or even kick away (without having to do the ā€œraise armsā€, which Iā€™m not sure actually does anything..

Its not a great solution, as the AI almost always sprint AND get a kick/handball away when tackled, so Iā€™m sacrificing creating space for the ability to ping around the ball a bit more - but with the handball accuracy not being great, and the INSANELY ANNOYING stuck in the mud when receiving a handball, itā€™s not a perfect solution.

Iā€™d love to ask Ross if this is correct (and the right stick tackling), but Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m on his blocked list because I talked about Evo 2 in a positive light once..

This won't work for every AI confrontation, but I've found some success in not sprinting but just holding the left stick in a certain direction without sprinting and you can evade opposition AI way easier (I believe this was mentioned in this thread by others a while ago). This isn't the same as the evade tackle "mechanic" that they put in the game via a patch in mid May. Just a simple directional change can fool the AI and you can continue on your merry way to goal.

Hi BigAntStudios , I think I read much earlier on that you were looking to slow down or maybe allow custom speed control of the end to end camera pan when there's a turn over - is this still possible?

Right now it's very difficult to pursue an opposition due to the quick 180 degree spin, which constantly changes the relative direction on the left stick.

One other quick one, is there any plans to allow midfielders to move prior to the ball up tap? Everyone's stationary, and had a friend play 2 player today (same team), and even when one of us are one of the mids, they're locked in position until the tap.

Would be great if we could change from the ruckman to one of the mids for ball ups and move around.

This is as it should be. Don't ever sprint until you are clear or get the ball to someone who is clear. Use right stick to evade or use ball movement to do it. You can't just sprint most of the time.

Brother, we were literally told weā€™d know the full feature list before the game dropped. 6 weeks in and we donā€™t even know what management mode will look like.
The secrecy is beyond a joke at this point
One way ticket to his ignore list if you follow up on the status of any of the month old promises Iā€™m afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back