Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah tbh Play Now , Season and Management all feel like entirely different on-field experiences. Management feels much slower and choppier
This is the problem in a lot of sports games, especially EA ones. The slower the game play, the longer the animations take, the bigger potential for something to ā€œstuff upā€ during the animations. When the game is faster these work quicker in most cases but leads to unrealistic game play and the lack of tackling for user would be a major issue. The answer? No idea, 2k probably have the best ā€œflowā€ when in slower gameplay

This is the problem in a lot of sports games, especially EA ones. The slower the game play, the longer the animations take, the bigger potential for something to ā€œstuff upā€ during the animations. When the game is faster these work quicker in most cases but leads to unrealistic game play and the lack of tackling for user would be a major issue. The answer? No idea, 2k probably have the best ā€œflowā€ when in slower gameplay
So based on what he said that play now and season mode are playing better, do you think responsiveness would be better in those modes? Leading to less congestion? I donā€™t want no congestion like day 1, just a nice balance and I feel the current management mode is a little much.
But possibly also because Iā€™m shit šŸ˜‚

So based on what he said that play now and season mode are playing better, do you think responsiveness would be better in those modes? Leading to less congestion? I donā€™t want no congestion like day 1, just a nice balance and I feel the current management mode is a little much.
But possibly also because Iā€™m s**t šŸ˜‚
I would think so (without knowing) if it is the case. I think it can go a couple ways from here. Either you have the quick responsiveness and the slow animation probably leading to disposals while tackled and holding the ball/ball up could be super frustrating.

Or the thing quicker responsiveness is the kick/animation to happen asap. I believe this would lead to complete territory footy everyone would just bomb the ball forward, less handballs, less marks, less tackles, less defence

I would prefer the first one, then itā€™s up to scaling of everything else that happens. So we donā€™t get to 100,000 stoppages per game

Yeah tbh Play Now , Season and Management all feel like entirely different on-field experiences. Management feels much slower and choppier

Iā€™ve heard this several times and I think coupling that with the slow controls/lack of player movement, those are the 2 biggest detractions so far. I only play Play Now, not willing to give Online or Team Management a go just yet but hopefully this is the week everything can be balanced out.

Iā€™ve heard this several times and I think coupling that with the slow controls/lack of player movement, those are the 2 biggest detractions so far. I only play Play Now, not willing to give Online or Team Management a go just yet but hopefully this is the week everything can be balanced out.

We all hope it takes strides to becoming a better game, at the very least it shouldn't still be going backwards every patch!

Agree it's a lot but considering weather has made sky balls go backwards in the air I'm not flabberasted.

Nah I actually enjoy it. This was one game at the mcg where the wind was surely as fast as it could blow. Was fun seeing how far into the points I could kick. This shot was inline with the point post

Might put management mode on hold for a few weeks and play a full season as every team and toss a coin to decide who I play as each game!

Rate this, although I use to change per team per qtr so 2 and 2 but side select isnā€™t an option on season mode which I have sent a ticket for a month ago but no change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A game into season mode and it definitely feels a much more flowy and better performing mode!

This still wows me. How does this happen? Its not like the programming for gameplay would be any different in spite of modes would it? Every other sports game plays the exact same despite the mode chosen, the responsiveness, framerate etc wouldnt change unless its onlineā€¦?

Lead the hand pass! Rather have it bounce in front. Make sure not to hold R2 all day.
This is kind of ridiculous tho tbh
Should not have to let go of sprint to handball accurately
Not sure Iā€™ve ever seen an AFL player have to slow down to hit a target with a handball

Itā€™s simply just one of many broken mechanics of the game.

This still wows me. How does this happen? Its not like the programming for gameplay would be any different in spite of modes would it? Every other sports game plays the exact same despite the mode chosen, the responsiveness, framerate etc wouldnt change unless its onlineā€¦?
I donā€™t get it either. But the game and a half Iā€™ve played have been more free flowing, higher scoring, easier to chain handballs and play on than management has been for almost a week

Just played a game against Essendon to see how theyā€™d play against me as the AI
Not sure if this happens all the time as itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve experienced it but I was constantly pressuring the Essendon defence and Heppell and BZT played kick to kick for 3 mins of the 2nd quarter.
Normally I let the defence work it to the wing or something as they have 4-5 players loose in defence at all times but I decided Iā€™d try and pressure each and every kick back and fourth and it seemed to create a bit of a loop

Attachments

• IMG_4863.jpeg
    IMG_4863.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
Just played a game against Essendon to see how theyā€™d play against me as the AI
Not sure if this happens all the time as itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve experienced it but I was constantly pressuring the Essendon defence and Heppell and BZT played kick to kick for 3 mins of the 2nd quarter.
Normally I let the defence work it to the wing or something as they have 4-5 players loose in defence at all times but I decided Iā€™d try and pressure each and every kick back and fourth and it seemed to create a bit of a loop
Iā€™ve seen a little bit of that since tactics came in on PS5 but usually only switching across the backline once and back (very occasionally back again) maybe 30-45 secs worth! 3 mins is a lot!

Iā€™ve seen a little bit of that since tactics came in on PS5 but usually only switching across the backline once and back (very occasionally back again) maybe 30-45 secs worth! 3 mins is a lot!
Yeah I have no problem with the AI trying to switch the play, in fact Iā€™d encourage more of it
Issue seems to be when you get to every contest (or rather, just as they mark it) it seems to trigger a loop.
I noticed 2 kicks back and fourth and decided to persist with the pressure to see if it would loop and it seems it did. The screenshot I posted is of the half time stats. I reckon up until this loop, BZT had 1 handball and Heppell 1 or 2 touches.
Nek Minnut - Leading disposal getters on the ground šŸ¤£

Yeah I have no problem with the AI trying to switch the play, in fact Iā€™d encourage more of it
Issue seems to be when you get to every contest (or rather, just as they mark it) it seems to trigger a loop.
I noticed 2 kicks back and fourth and decided to persist with the pressure to see if it would loop and it seems it did. The screenshot I posted is of the half time stats. I reckon up until this loop, BZT had 1 handball and Heppell 1 or 2 touches.
Nek Minnut - Leading disposal getters on the ground šŸ¤£
Iā€™ve taken the pressure off after 2 or 3 switches, maybe anticipating exactly whatā€™s happened to you and itā€™s worked but man that loop would kill me! Except if they had a lead with 3 mins left. Wouldnā€™t at all be opposed to AI changing game plan to keepingā€™s off to hold a lead

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back