Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that Iā€™ve seen but we donā€™t generally get as much from Ross and BA until after 5.

Cool. Will keep my eyes open for it.

It's the closest we've had to some sort of acknowledgement that management mode needs addressing. Keen to see what they say (I'm guessing it'll be a very narrow answer of the specific query rather than a more elaborate explanation of where management mode is going, but still. Ever the eternal optimist).

View attachment IMG_3877.mov
Regardless of whether this is a bug or not, the fact Harry McKay did this made me lose it šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
This goes beyond realism!

Iā€™ve taken the pressure off after 2 or 3 switches, maybe anticipating exactly whatā€™s happened to you and itā€™s worked but man that loop would kill me! Except if they had a lead with 3 mins left. Wouldnā€™t at all be opposed to AI changing game plan to keepingā€™s off to hold a lead
Yeah I didnā€™t pressure much more of the switch after half time as I needed to score but just one to watch I reckon. Ironically, if you want the ball back, the best thing to do is not apply any pressure until they get it out of your forward half. Should probably be the opposite way around tbh

New bug - took a mark off half back and the game took me to the menu and the cursor cycled upward. Had to quit out of the whole game for it to reset back to normal.

I've also gone through the menus and turned down the UI volume. I don't mind the AFL logo transition, but the sound effect that goes with it annoys me just a bit haha.

Do teams play differently at all? Like if I vs Collingwood will they play-on more, take risks through the corridor, etc? Or do all teams just play a generic style? Would love to see coaches have a preffered style and have to adapt around them when you play different teams.
Also is it possible to get realistic stats in the game yet?

Has this happened yet or did I miss it (Ross replying to a comment yesterday about player development)?
Hasnt happened yet. There are still some small outstanding details I need to double-check with the team who programmed it to make sure the information I'm giving will be as accurate as possible about how player progression works.

Lead the hand pass! Rather have it bounce in front. Make sure not to hold R2 all day.
I've had times where I've done that but the handpass goes the opposite direction to where I want. Handballs hit the target probably 20% of the time it's frustrating. Game is just messed up man idk what to say. Apart from launch day, the game is arguably at its most unplayable state right now. I remember it was probably about a month ago when I was genuinely having fun. All these recent updates have made the game go backwards unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've had times where I've done that but the handpass goes the opposite direction to where I want. Handballs hit the target probably 20% of the time it's frustrating. Game is just messed up man idk what to say. Game is arguably at its most unplayable state right now. I remember it was probably about a month ago when I was genuinely having fun. All these recent updates have made the game go backwards unfortunately.
Agreed, I donā€™t understand why but the gameplay is less responsive then 2-3 weeks ago. It feels like you are controlling a car in mud when trying to steer players around. The invisible barrier around the mark is bigger than ever. Handballs are less accurate and take longer to respond. Kicking when running out of congestion is a hard task- Despite running out of the pack, if you choose to kick, itā€™ll take way too long to respond and power up, tackler will catch you in too many instances where you should be able to comfortably get a kick away-considering the space you had. Same with snaps on goal. The delays for every aspect controlled in the game is making it not playable anymore. UNLESS youā€™re happy playing a kick, mark, kick, mark, kick, mark, setshot kind of game. Really disappointed with the lack of gameplay progress the last few weeks. I hope they can rectify the control responsiveness issues. Because as it stands rn, even on easy difficulty. YOU DONā€™T FEEL IN CONTROL.

Last edited:
Starting off with something positive - a good goal on the rebound

Player stuck in the jostling for the mark animation

Player having a spasm attack before the set shot

Can't get to the player with the ball to tackle him. A combination of stiff controls making it harder to get to the player in question. But also a mini force field barrier preventing direct access to the player. Very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy frustrating

On the plus side you can live out an alternate reality where Adam Simpsons 2018 gameplan never went out of style, and the Eagles are the team to beat!
Even that famous passage of play wouldnā€™t happen:
After playing on from the mark, J.Elliot would tackle McGovern before he could power up his rebound kick.

Last edited:
This still wows me. How does this happen? Its not like the programming for gameplay would be any different in spite of modes would it? Every other sports game plays the exact same despite the mode chosen, the responsiveness, framerate etc wouldnt change unless its onlineā€¦?
Fifa career made and tournament mode play different too. Not sure why this happens though.

Matt10 on operation sports always tell people to test sliders in career mode for this reason.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse my rantā€¦ but how can BigAnt be putting the time into testing proteam when the gameplay is still so poor. No oneā€™s going to play it with the gameplay in the state it is.

Edit: unless of course that is the plan, launch proteam with gameplay more superior than any other modeā€¦

Last edited:
After playing management mode for the last week, I decided to jump back into season mode to see if thereā€™s any real difference.

The difference is night and day, much smoother experience in season mode, players are much more responsive and quicker to get going, handballs seem much more accurate and easier to string together and the ā€˜stuck in the mudā€™ issue, while still there, is much less of an issue.

After playing management mode for the last week, I decided to jump back into season mode to see if thereā€™s any real difference.

The difference is night and day, much smoother experience in season mode, players are much more responsive and quicker to get going, handballs seem much more accurate and easier to string together and the ā€˜stuck in the mudā€™ issue, while still there, is much less of an issue.
Pretty much what Iā€™ve found too!
If management can get back to that itā€™ll be great

Iā€™d hope BigAnt are working on a very chunky gameplay patch considering all weā€™ve had in the last 2 weeks is a couple of small updates (not including the PS5 tactics patch that was delayed by a week)
Absolutely crazy given the current state of the game that since this Tweet went out on June 9th (10 days ago), thereā€™s been 2 Steam patches and maybe the same for consoles!
IMG_6881.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back