Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh i mean, weren't they aiming for late July?
Also, wasn't it a delayed shipping issue, where the copies didn't arrive in time, back in late April?
Four months on, i hope it wasn't express post.

I'm a fan of Big Ant as they make good sports games, the cricket games, AFL Live, RLL, Tennis etc, but consider me shocked by some of the things that have occurred without much explanation for AFL23.

Maybe next patch they'll try and line it up with an Xbox release date, hoping for you guys.

They were, and albeit thereā€™s still time, if theyā€™re aiming for late July youā€™d hope something is announced this week at the latest but who really knows. I was a huge BA supporter prior to release but anyone that can piece this all together can see the shipping issue was flat out BS. How does one platform ship no issues but the other doesn't, considering they were most likely printed and shipped from the same place simultaneously? Doesnt add up.

Thats also been the big drama also, misinformation and lack of communication. Even the ā€˜weeklyā€™ patches have died off without any legit reasons provided. By now safe to assume 75% of the staff have probably moved on to Cricket 24 and if that releases anything like AFL 23 didā€¦.would hate to see how the repercussions look.

They were, and albeit thereā€™s still time, if theyā€™re aiming for late July youā€™d hope something is announced this week at the latest but who really knows. I was a huge BA supporter prior to release but anyone that can piece this all together can see the shipping issue was flat out BS. How does one platform ship no issues but the other doesn't, considering they were most likely printed and shipped from the same place simultaneously? Doesnt add up.

Thats also been the big drama also, misinformation and lack of communication. Even the ā€˜weeklyā€™ patches have died off without any legit reasons provided. By now safe to assume 75% of the staff have probably moved on to Cricket 24 and if that releases anything like AFL 23 didā€¦.would hate to see how the repercussions look.

Knowing what the target audience has been like over the years (Don Bradman Cricket - onward), Big Ant would need 24/7 security!

Does anyone have anything in the hall of fame yet?
If you raise enough support tickets you unlock a sculpture of Ross on a golden throne with a block button on one of the arms.

If you raise enough support tickets you unlock a sculpture of Ross on a golden throne with a block button on one of the arms.
I do know that when you win the premiership, the cup is placed in the Hall of Fame.

As for the item above you have mentioned, I don't think that is accurate.

Hey all,

Been a while. Can anyone tell me if there has been any improvements to management mode since a month ago? Havenā€™t played yet, havenā€™t seen any updates come through either really.

My interpretation of the response is that it makes perfect sense.
If you have a player within the protected area which you are in control of, you will be pinged a 50m penalty. Therefore, if you see that there is a player standing next to the kicker, and you are silly enough to change the player you are controlling to that person, you will be penalised.

Lol :huh:
Agreed
The game even has an arrow above the head of the player you will switch to next, itā€™s really not that hard to not give away 50

Don't press buttons
Hard to see vision on a replay (?)
Don't press buttons

Lol
Direct gameplay shows the HUDs and player select icons.
Replays just show the players, but none of the stuff above.

So the direct gameplay recordings are more useful when determining where the user-controlled player was, and in my case, he was standing next to the man on the markā€¦ so itā€™s 50.

first time playing in about a month maybe more but honest question how does the game feel worse? like even tho on launch and for the first 3 weeks it was a broken mess i always felt the core gameplay was solid and smooth and enough to build on but now thats completely gone, playing a few games tonight and there is nothing smooth or good about that gameplay i had hope for when it launched, how does that happen

also how the hell do i do set shots like am i suppose to be going for the blue??

first time playing in about a month maybe more but honest question how does the game feel worse? like even tho on launch and for the first 3 weeks it was a broken mess i always felt the core gameplay was solid and smooth and enough to build on but now thats completely gone, playing a few games tonight and there is nothing smooth or good about that gameplay i had hope for when it launched, how does that happen

also how the hell do i do set shots like am i suppose to be going for the blue??
Have some of you guys just considered that maybe youā€™re not very good at the game ?

The games definitely got some rough spots that need some refining but the recent patch has really made this game play smoothly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reasonably long post, honest thoughts about the game at the moment

Iā€™ve been on this roller coaster since release along with most of the crew here and it takes me a while or a lot to get sick of a game that I wanted to play/been waiting for, for a while.

Last nights the first time I got bored of afl23 and have no real interest in returning until the next patch. if itā€™s the same I donā€™t know, maybe when pro team drops.

Since I play on hard I thought to ramp it up to hardest for something different. The first few games were alot more fun and more variety in what the AI was doing etc. It kept me interested for about 6 games before I figured out the timing of marks etc and then it returned to basically a kick here, kick there out mark the AI everytime and end up pumping them every game, the same as on hard, Constant just one on one contests occasional spoil eh so repetitive.

Itā€™s a shame cause this game could be so good, but I honestly donā€™t know what else they can really do with this version to make it exciting. Even pro team is going to be the same thing but with different players. Just really disappointing. However I am back to playing Hogwarts full time and what a game! Even if your not a Harry Potter fan which Iā€™m not this is a cracker.

I ran a 15 minute quarter AI v AI simulation of Melbourne v Geelong last night. Didn't watch the entire game but it was good background noise. Geelong kicked away early, Melbourne fought back and it was goal for goal in the third quarter. Melbourne pulled away to win by 6 goals in the final quarter.

Didn't play another game after that.

I think it says something to how repetitive the game has become and looks like it is going to stay for a long while with no news on updates or on xbox/pro team, that even the few guys in here that would play the game almost all the time and gave us interesting things to look at from their games are starting to get bored of the game and play less and less.

there is no way Ross can say now that the play numbers keep getting higher or there is heaps of people playing daily, and even that there are no returns happening

Itā€™s a shame cause this game could be so good, but I honestly donā€™t know what else they can really do with this version to make it exciting.
Yeah there are definitely moments where it's great... maybe spoiled by the moments where you're frustrated by something in it.

The Support team are still responding to my bug reports... and letting me know when they identify the problem code and that it will be fixed in the next patch. Thankfully there are fewer and fewer bugs... just hope I get the AFL game I want and expected, before I completely switch to something else.

reasonably long post, honest thoughts about the game at the moment

Iā€™ve been on this roller coaster since release along with most of the crew here and it takes me a while or a lot to get sick of a game that I wanted to play/been waiting for, for a while.

Last nights the first time I got bored of afl23 and have no real interest in returning until the next patch. if itā€™s the same I donā€™t know, maybe when pro team drops.

Since I play on hard I thought to ramp it up to hardest for something different. The first few games were alot more fun and more variety in what the AI was doing etc. It kept me interested for about 6 games before I figured out the timing of marks etc and then it returned to basically a kick here, kick there out mark the AI everytime and end up pumping them every game, the same as on hard, Constant just one on one contests occasional spoil eh so repetitive.

Itā€™s a shame cause this game could be so good, but I honestly donā€™t know what else they can really do with this version to make it exciting. Even pro team is going to be the same thing but with different players. Just really disappointing. However I am back to playing Hogwarts full time and what a game! Even if your not a Harry Potter fan which Iā€™m not this is a cracker.
The thing is that this occurs with almost all sports games. They become repetitive to the point that when you have done it all, then you have no more left to do but to re-do it all over again. FIFA, 2k and the likes are just the same. You can only win the championship so many times before you get bored.

Yes, the titles like 2k have things in between games where you can control your player to walk around a make-believe neighbourhood, but even then, that becomes repetitive too.

Potentially in future iterations, there could be different tasks and objectives to complete. Aside from trophies, it could incorporate possible 'real life' scenarios where you need to ice the game with only 2 mins on the clock, or win the GF by 119 points, etc.
But as for the gameplay itself, yeah it's a case of "I've seen this all before", so now I am looking into the other dimensions of the game such as the academy where you can spend hours on player creation or stadium creation.
I know for me, I am wanting to replicate my old footy team from back in the hey-day, but time permitting, it makes it hard.

Knowing that this is a base version for years to come, it does tick a lot of boxes and also shows the potential of what it can become in the future.

p.s. My post ended up being longer than yours. Sorry about that.

Have some of you guys just considered that maybe youā€™re not very good at the game ?

The games definitely got some rough spots that need some refining but the recent patch has really made this game play smoothly
Aye man if you can tell me how tf to properly do the set shots Iā€™m all ears cause I have no clue

Aye man if you can tell me how tf to properly do the set shots Iā€™m all ears cause I have no clue
Set shots are pretty easy

You have to place the crosshair to accommodate for the wind and the swing (a right foot kick swings right to left)on the blue timing bar, you press usually just before the blue zone.

But every player is different, some have more swing than others, sometimes you have to time it earlier, itā€™s a game that rewards you for learning your players

I think it says something to how repetitive the game has become and looks like it is going to stay for a long while with no news on updates or on xbox/pro team, that even the few guys in here that would play the game almost all the time and gave us interesting things to look at from their games are starting to get bored of the game and play less and less.

there is no way Ross can say now that the play numbers keep getting higher or there is heaps of people playing daily, and even that there are no returns happening

I think the only element of the game I havenā€™t found repetitive yet is the random auto interchange patterns. I played 3 games in a row last week deliberately using 3 different styles of tactics but after a half, it gets to play the same way over and over again. Iā€™m still interested in Pro Team but at this point Iā€™m not spending a cent on a player or pack. It still needs way more work for that in my opinion.

Has anyone actually made a custom player that looks like a real life player?

I've had a look at the academy section and all the top downloads look nothing like them. Evolution had a much better player creator.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
It takes a bit of doing, but it is possible as long as you have the hair options you need. If you are trying to make a bloke with a receding hair line good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back