Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross said June 26:ā€
Whenever there is a split release of a game it is a complex situation, dealing with many parties, from retailers, distributors, platform holders, publishers, licensors and developers. Quite often split releases become ā€œPlatform Exclusivesā€ because not all parties can be in agreement after a split release has occurred.

We are dedicated to bringing an Xbox version of the game, as are all of the parties, we will ship the disks to retailers at the earliest opportunity - we want this game in your hands.ā€.

So the launch week debacle caused some problems with the two platforms. This is clearly delaying the release.

Last edited:

Whenever there is a split release of a game it is a complex situation, dealing with many parties, from retailers, distributors, platform holders, publishers, licensors and developers. Quite often split releases become ā€œPlatform Exclusivesā€ because not all parties can be in agreement after a split release has occurred.

We are dedicated to bringing an Xbox version of the game, as are all of the parties, we will ship the disks to retailers at the earliest opportunity - we want this game in your hands.ā€.

So the launch week debacle caused some problems with the two platforms. This is clearly delaying the release.
They literally breached a contract, they created their own problem lol, now they want to act like Microsoft is the bad guy.

If they knew what they were doing we wouldā€™ve had the game on Xbox months ago, cā€™mon man.

Mate, I for one am happy to give the benefit of the doubt (still will) and be more positive over negative. However I can understand there may be some frustration and skepticism over the handling of the Xbox release, considering we were told late July/ early August for possible release and we havenā€™t had any new details. Now Iā€™m not sure the reasoning, waiting for pro team? šŸ¤·šŸ»(benifit of the doubt) but something, any news would help elevate any concerns some may have.
As much as Im patient and happy to wait I know others have had enough. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Mate, I for one am happy to give the benefit of the doubt (still will) and be more positive over negative. However I can understand there may be some frustration and skepticism over the handling of the Xbox release, considering we were told late July/ early August for possible release and we havenā€™t had any new details. Now Iā€™m not sure the reasoning, waiting for pro team? šŸ¤·šŸ»(benifit of the doubt) but something, any news would help elevate any concerns some may have.
As much as Im patient and happy to wait I know others have had enough. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I agree with your optimism but I also think its way past the point of any ā€˜benefit of the doubtā€™ reasoning. Not being negative, but its been 3 months since it released on PS/PC seemingly with no shipping hassle and yet there still hasnā€™t been an Xbox update? Thereā€™s no way theyā€™re still sitting at some dock somewhere (if they ever were). Its also not a Pro Team issue since thats vanished too and likely will be patched into the game, which doesnt affect any disc availability problems. Theyā€™re ignoring their customer base, completely shaded us of any update or info and have probably moved on mostly to Cricket 24 by now. It is what is is šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Played last night and trying to think of an instance where teleporting, ai acceleration or sliding doesn't occur ?

Goal umpires slide on the ground when signalling a goal

Players mimic boundary umpires running backwards along the boundary line in a circular motion (have seen it in the forward/defensive 50, which could make sense considering the shape of the ground at the ends. But why run backwards along the wing or the center square ??)

Players accelerate in ruck and marking contests and occasionally teleport to the next phase of the animation.

If you predict the end result of a contest (ie: press to kick the ball after having hit the mark button BEFORE actually marking the ball) the animations get disjointed. But it's amusing to see the mark nor the kick complete but the ball sails away.

I agree with your optimism but I also think its way past the point of any ā€˜benefit of the doubtā€™ reasoning. Not being negative, but its been 3 months since it released on PS/PC seemingly with no shipping hassle and yet there still hasnā€™t been an Xbox update? Thereā€™s no way theyā€™re still sitting at some dock somewhere (if they ever were). Its also not a Pro Team issue since thats vanished too and likely will be patched into the game, which doesnt affect any disc availability problems. Theyā€™re ignoring their customer base, completely shaded us of any update or info and have probably moved on mostly to Cricket 24 by now. It is what is is šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Nah all fair points. Im just always prepared to give benefit of the doubt thatā€™s just me.
I definitely understand why others have gone way past that now and have massive level of skepticism with everything thatā€™s gone on with the game and the release of the Xbox version. Itā€™s not something you can sit back and defend for too much longer. Thatā€™s why I responded to mootsy because im of a similar nature to him but I can understand why others would be frustrated and are crying out for just alittle bit of info. Even Iā€™m getting alittle impatient now lol. Honestly I think it would be great if big ant came out and gave us something, anything. Itā€™s getting to the point of being a bit of a miss step for me..but šŸ¤·šŸ» itā€™s what it is. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Nah all fair points. Im just always prepared to give benefit of the doubt thatā€™s just me.
I definitely understand why others have gone way past that now and have massive level of skepticism with everything thatā€™s gone on with the game and the release of the Xbox version. Itā€™s not something you can sit back and defend for too much longer. Thatā€™s why I responded to mootsy because im of a similar nature to him but I can understand why others would be frustrated and are crying out for just alittle bit of info. Even Iā€™m getting alittle impatient now lol. Honestly I think it would be great if big ant came out and gave us something, anything. Itā€™s getting to the point of being a bit of a miss step for me..but šŸ¤·šŸ» itā€™s what it is. Hopefully we hear something soon.
How many times do you need to be lied to normally before you stop giving the benefit of doubt?

Itā€™s pretty clear whatā€™s happening if you read between the linesā€¦

• Microsoft failed to deliver stock in time for both the original release date and the delayed release date
  • Big Ant decided to go ahead and release it on ps and pc at the delayed release date
  • As a result of a split release, the Xbox version is stuck in some legal limbo and will be released if/when both parties come to terms

Anyone know of what other games have been scheduled to release multiplat but then something like "shipping issues" happened so it become a console exclusive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Microsoft failed to deliver stock in time for both the original release date and the delayed release date
  • Big Ant decided to go ahead and release it on ps and pc at the delayed release date
  • As a result of a split release, the Xbox version is stuck in some legal limbo and will be released if/when both parties come to terms

100% disagree. If it was a matter of a late delivery then why has the game still not released? You seriously think 3 months on they havenā€™t gotten the copies? As for the legal limbo bit, what else would that entail other than an agreed new release date or a fine? Ross said on the PS release date in here that they would cop a fine or some slack (Iā€™m paraphrasing, cant recall the exact words) & in theory if whats left to agree upon is a release date, with copies in transit, why didnt it happen yet?

ā€œRead between the linesā€

Thatā€™s half the problem and has been all year.

I don't think you're theory is close to what happened. Just bought into the lies. There was no production or shipping issues with the discs. Just a terrible game that didn't get the greenlight from Microsoft to release, since they actually QA things that go on their store.

I don't think you're theory is close to what happened. Just bought into the lies. There was no production or shipping issues with the discs. Just a terrible game that didn't get the greenlight from Microsoft to release, since they actually QA things that go on their store.
Cricket 22 had some issues with Microsoft in terms of patches and QA also.

100% disagree. If it was a matter of a late delivery then why has the game still not released? You seriously think 3 months on they havenā€™t gotten the copies? As for the legal limbo bit, what else would that entail other than an agreed new release date or a fine? Ross said on the PS release date in here that they would cop a fine or some slack (Iā€™m paraphrasing, cant recall the exact words) & in theory if whats left to agree upon is a release date, with copies in transit, why didnt it happen yet?
I imagine someone (presumably Microsoft) is playing hard ball or straight out refusing to release this game or potentially future games from big ant

Have you seen some of the trash games that get released ?

Did that gollum game get released on Xbox ?

I highly doubt Microsoft have decided to draw the line on game quality when it comes to some niche Australian sports title

I imagine someone (presumably Microsoft) is playing hard ball or straight out refusing to release this game or potentially future games from big ant
You really think microsoft are holding some unknown game that will sell 100 copies at most now hostage?

played some evo 2 last night besides from the graphics and horrible framerates, its made me realize what i dont like about AFL 23 obviously all the flaws that have been mentioned in this thread but its something else when i jump into a game in AFL 23 it doesnt feel like im jumping into a footy game it feels more like a scratch match, the game just feels soulless it feels like a game made by AI, maybe its nostalgia but jumping into EVO 2 sure its got alot of flaws and the gameplay is slow but something about it felt very good to play maybe its because its an actual stable sports game but it felt more of a contest it felt like i was jumping into an actual game of footy, its funny how we all saw that video of ross bagging WW for not understanding footy or the game when i think WW had actually done a way better job at delivering the essence the heart of aussie rules football then bigant has, which is why i think i was able to put probably a near 1000 hours into evo 2 and can still play it years later, i dont see myself doing the same with AFL 23.

i dont know if any of that made sense but its just how i felt after about 100 hours of AFL 23 and then going back to evo 2, but yea just my thoughts

Interesting you think Evo 2 game play is slow. I think its perfect. Obviously I've never played the piece of shit that is AFL23 but from watching all the videos it looks like its being played in fast forward.

Last edited:
Interesting you think Evo 2 game play is slow. I think its perfect. Obviously I've never played the piece of s**t that is AFL23 but from watching all the videos it looks like its been played in fast forward.
maybe it wasnt slow maybe it was more just the framerates being bad ahah but i agree afl 23 is way to fast but by my 2nd game of evo 2 i was used to it again just took some time to readjust

Interesting you think Evo 2 game play is slow. I think its perfect. Obviously I've never played the piece of s**t that is AFL23 but from watching all the videos it looks like its been played in fast forward.
I think the AI 'immediately disposal' issue makes it look that way (i.e how AI don't need to power up kicks or handballs)...
But for the player controlled gameplay, I think it's spot on.... and just a few animations need to be sped up to match the gameplay (i.e side-step, smother, soccer kick, don't argue etc.)

You really think microsoft are holding some unknown game that will sell 100 copies at most now hostage?
No idea what actually happened. I suppose no one has proof either way...
But is the alternative that, after 27 odd patches (if matching PS5) and the current state of the game, that the XBox version is still getting rejected by Microsoft?

I could imagine Microsoft rejecting the initial patch due to the ton of crashing issues.... but not rejecting where the game is at now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back