Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m literally playing the game now and I’ve tested it and it doesn’t - are you seriously basing all your comments on just footage rather than testing things out for yourself ?
No, it was based on my experience on the current patch and you could see it here as an example:
AI decides to go on a run, gets stuck in mud then "user error" handballs :p

It looks to be a Live 2011 mechanic brought over. Lucky the CPU just runs off in a random direction as they're chasing them down, lol.

It might be player/team dependent ? I just did a quick run (pardon the pun) as Brisbane and didn't really see a slowdown while running and bouncing the ball. It might also be a case of the stuck in mud rearing its head during a replay ? Or I've had instances where the player "stutters" (due to USER ERROR ? lol sorry or bad programming) which obviously stuffs up the run.

Example 1

Example 2

Yeah there's a slight slow down with the bounces there, but I agree, it's not a huge slowdown.
Could potentially be player dependent...as it would be in real life. Maybe there could be more realism with poorly skilled players doing bad bounces.
i.e

Then there's those that can run at almost top pace and do it (although note it does look like Jetta was cruising a bit).

Yeah there's a slight slow down with the bounces there, but I agree, it's not a huge slowdown.
Could potentially be player dependent...as it would be in real life. Maybe there could be more realism with poorly skilled players doing bad bounces.
i.e

Then there's those that can run at almost top pace and do it (although note it does look like Jetta was cruising a bit).

There's no fumbled bounces in the game, though, it always comes back to you. I wonder, do the NBA games or any other sport games have fumbled bounces?

There's no fumbled bounces in the game, though, it always comes back to you. I wonder, do the NBA games or any other sport games have fumbled bounces?

NBA and EA FC/FIFA definitely do. The ball isnt just on a string with your controlled player. NBA especially its quite common to see dribbling become either turnovers, lost or deflected or even kick ball violations. They’re actually live physics separate to a player. AFL games have never had this unfortunately other than an odd smother or falcon.

Happy Xbox release day to those 5 people that purchase it !

Edit: For those who weren’t aware, PS5 and PC got another massive 300mb patch overnight to coincide with the Xbox release
That’s a massive 500mb in 2 months !

Last edited:

Edit: For those who weren’t aware, PS5 and PC got another massive 300mb patch overnight to coincide with the Xbox release
On the fence as to whether or not I'll get this on Xbox. I've read how bad it is.

Does the patch improve it much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I get an answer from someone who plays this on a PC whether or not there is now support for ultrawide monitors? IE 3440X1440P?
Yes but not perfect.
The game is rendered in ultrawide fine but a lot of the HUDs and menu's are stretched and sometimes cut off.

I gave a detailed support message about this to big ant 1 week after the game's release but it still hasn't been fixed.

On the fence as to whether or not I'll get this on Xbox. I've read how bad it is.

Not sure, haven’t had a chance to play it yet but I could probably give you a pretty accurate prediction

Fixed a couple of really small things in gameplay but set another thing back
No addition to Management mode, no ProTeam, no training mode and no sliders
Again, I haven’t played so this isn’t 100% accurate but yeah if I had my time again, I wouldn’t touch it

Didn't even see that and I was playing it late at night while also doing preliminary final simulations), logged on to Steam earlier this morning and found it had updated at 10:01pm for me.

Hahaha none of the retailers in the Melbourne CBD have it in stock.

Unsure if that's really true (or the JB Hifi website is telling fibs - when doing a store search it's showing up as available in store and click and collect at multiple Victorian locations).

Not quite sure it's worth it. I wanted the Xbox version originally, it got delayed and (by chance) was given the opportunity to get the pc version for free.... at the time I was content with that AND was keen on getting the Xbox version at a later date. Having spent months with it, I am not so keen to "double dip" on the game. And I normally wouldn't hesitate in buying the same game on multiple platforms :p

Despite the glitches and issues with game play. I've relatively enjoyed my time with it..... for me there's nothing to really play for right now. Once you've won the premiership/season/manager mode a handful of times, motivation to keep playing isn't really there. You end up doing silly things to justify keep playing the game (eg: me playing on 20 minute full quarters to see how high of a score you can really get. Or simulating real life important matches etc).

It's worth experiencing, but not at 99.95!

EDIT Meant to write this earlier, but a person on my Playstation friends list still plays the game regularly (178 hours and can finally beat the AI on hard regularly.... when he was getting flogged by the same AI for months on end!). He routinely plays other games that are recently released (eg: MK1). But he's also put close to 500 hours into Cricket22!!

Last edited:
Didn't even see that and I was playing it late at night while also doing preliminary final simulations), logged on to Steam earlier this morning and found it had updated at 10:01pm for me.

Unsure if that's really true (or the JB Hifi website is telling fibs - when doing a store search it's showing up as available in store and click and collect at multiple Victorian locations).

Not quite sure it's worth it. I wanted the Xbox version originally, it got delayed and (by chance) was given the opportunity to get the pc version for free.... at the time I was content with that AND was keen on getting the Xbox version at a later date. Having spent months with it, I am not so keen to "double dip" on the game. And I normally wouldn't hesitate in buying the same game on multiple platforms :p

Despite the glitches and issues with game play. I've relatively enjoyed my time with it..... for me there's nothing to really play for right now. Once you've won the premiership/season/manager mode a handful of times, motivation to keep playing isn't really there. You end up doing silly things to justify keep playing the game (eg: me playing on 20 minute full quarters to see how high of a score you can really get. Or simulating real life important matches etc).

It's worth experiencing, but not at 99.95!

Went in person myself this morning to try. EB Games staff say no stock listed anywhere in Melbourne metro area at all, and JB has none on shelf at Melbourne Central and none of its handful of CBD stores listed as having stock online. Some metro stores are listed as having stock though

i.e

That looks intentional. Probably a good move for online & skills gaps.

I've come back for the fresh wave of XBo vitriol. I'm too soon! I'm too soo0OOooooon!

Went in person myself this morning to try. EB Games staff say no stock listed anywhere in Melbourne metro area at all, and JB has none on shelf at Melbourne Central and none of its handful of CBD stores listed as having stock online. Some metro stores are listed as having stock though
Is it releasing online for Xbox?

Yes but not perfect.
The game is rendered in ultrawide fine but a lot of the HUDs and menu's are stretched and sometimes cut off.

I gave a detailed support message about this to big ant 1 week after the game's release but it still hasn't been fixed.
Thanks for the reply!

Finally! I asked this question literally 100 times!

Is there any chance you might be able to PM me some screenshots?

Also, would it be OK if you shared the message to big ant with me?

Just very hesitant to be ripped off again.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!
Mate don't buy the game. Even without the aspect ratio issue its a rip off.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!

To be fair there's like a grand total of 300 people who have the game on Steam, and only a fraction of that would be playing in ultrawide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back