Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a great video, very informative!! Do you have one with kicking to space? I swear this doesnt actually work when I play šŸ˜Ÿ when Iā€™m rebounding a footy from defence to attack and say running up a wing, Iā€™ll deliberately aim for an empty space, power it up and kick only for it to miraculously head to the next closest contest šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø regardless if I tap or hold kick it always occurs. Thanks mate!
Unfortunately thatā€™s where the auto-lock on is a bit too strong for most peopleā€™s liking.
You can see who you may be locked into when you face their direction and a purple circle appears below them.
When powering up the kick, that circle turns green, and will stay like that until you power it more or aim at someone/somewhere else or power it past them (maybe over the top, or to someone further downfield).

I also notice chip kick (L1+R1 and X) will usually reduce the auto lock, with the problem that the ball carries in the air longer.

Anyone else see the games being sold for $49 now? Had to lower it to get any sales šŸ¤£.

How's the irrefutable industry data going Ross?

Last edited:
Glad to hear they've turned it into an idle game šŸ˜‚

A lot of my game time has been AI V AI matches!! In some sadistic way I enjoy the AI going at it in sports games.

Anyone else see the games being sold for $49 now? Had to lower it to get any sales šŸ¤£.

How's the irrefutable industry data going Ross?

It was recently just under $70 on both ps and xbox digital stores. And reduced on Steam during their summer sale period.

A lot of my game time has been AI V AI matches!! In some sadistic way I enjoy the AI going at it in sports games.

It was recently just under $70 on both ps and xbox digital stores. And reduced on Steam during their summer sale period.
Reality of a sunken ship, hope people arent dumb enough to be throwing their mums credit card into Pro Team.

Reality of a sunken ship, hope people arent dumb enough to be throwing their mums credit card into Pro Team.

Its back up to 99.95 everywhere so they're all in on the gravy train!

If you shop around (key selling sites) one in particular has the pc version for $33.49.

** Another PS5 update this morning, probably the same size as the last one (downloaded in 1 second), will await the steam update tonight and see how big it is!

Last edited:
Unfortunately thatā€™s where the auto-lock on is a bit too strong for most peopleā€™s liking.
You can see who you may be locked into when you face their direction and a purple circle appears below them.
When powering up the kick, that circle turns green, and will stay like that until you power it more or aim at someone/somewhere else or power it past them (maybe over the top, or to someone further downfield).

I also notice chip kick (L1+R1 and X) will usually reduce the auto lock, with the problem that the ball carries in the air longer.

Yeah I noticed the auto-lock and for me, its just really OP. It seems to operate in the same mechanics as being teleported tackled does or the CPU less than 15m kicks that get called marks. Everything seems a bit too rubber-band connected and not as free flowing as the sport is I think.

Its back up to 99.95 everywhere so they're all in on the gravy train!

If you shop around (key selling sites) one in particular has the pc version for $33.49.

** Another PS5 update this morning, probably the same size as the last one (downloaded in 1 second), will await the steam update tonight and see how big it is!
JB has it listed for 49 still, might jump on that and I can still take it back if it's still shit.

We follow the same pricing policy as Nintendo, we're not renowned for dropping the price of our games - doubly so when the game is essentially sold out.
Even funnier now. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real study in human psychology/behaviour this. Game is rubbish and no one's playing it. Release a gambling/grinding mode without notably improving gameplay and active players + revenue spike.

Really sucks for people like me who prefer single player, management style modes, and good gameplay.

Sad that BA can act the way they have and still succeed. Sad state of affairs in the sports gaming world in general.

It's a real study in human psychology/behaviour this. Game is rubbish and no one's playing it. Release a gambling/grinding mode without notably improving gameplay and active players + revenue spike.

Really sucks for people like me who prefer single player, management style modes, and good gameplay.

Sad that BA can act the way they have and still succeed. Sad state of affairs in the sports gaming world in general.

Lucky NBA 2K, Madden, EA FC & FIFA 2K are all around the corner then! šŸ„³šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

What grinds my gears is that with every update something improves, while other things that were improving go backward again. I swear there are more instances of stuck in mud/stuttering animations than there were prior to the last few updates!!!

Take a mark and I should be able to run and play on instantly..... but nope due to bad programming I hit a road block...

Should be able to run on and tackle the player that's about to take the ball... but nope the game won't allow it

Almost out of bounds

Also seeing the teleport marks more frequently than previously as well. Mind boggling how things go backward.

What grinds my gears is that with every update something improves, while other things that were improving go backward again. I swear there are more instances of stuck in mud/stuttering animations than there were prior to the last few updates!!!

Take a mark and I should be able to run and play on instantly..... but nope due to bad programming I hit a road block...

Should be able to run on and tackle the player that's about to take the ball... but nope the game won't allow it

Almost out of bounds

Also seeing the teleport marks more frequently than previously as well. Mind boggling how things go backward.

I think there could be invisible wall collisions, may explain the stuck in the mud/stutter bug and players not responding to user commands.

Lucky NBA 2K, Madden, EA FC & FIFA 2K are all around the corner then! šŸ„³šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Fifa 2k thats interesting.

But generally find all sports games the same these days. Even playing off-line management modes there's so much reward and xp etc that feels like I'm playing the slots.

Just ruins it for me. Had a stack of fun playing nba 2k13 and Fifa 14 and since then haven't been able to enjoy a sports game

I think there could be invisible wall collisions, may explain the stuck in the mud/stutter bug and players not responding to user commands.

Probably, but I just don't understand how they come and go in frequency patch by patch. They never FULLY eliminated it I know - but there were instances throughout the last 13 months where it was borderline gone (one of the patches late May - June, before they had to reverse a lot of the previous patches and redo them.... it was virtually a different game, much more free flowing, no stuck in mud in sight). And earlier this year things were looking great, but over the last few weeks it's just gone backward imo.

People like yourself will say it always has and I agree to an extent, but as I've said they seem to take a few strides forward in things and backward in others patch by patch and it's annoying (yes I know, don't like it don't play it lol).

Itā€™s the transition from one animation into another, and the mapping of that to the flow/movement of a player.

Itā€™s annoyingā€¦ and I reckon they could do some work to fix these transitions, and maybe add some new or trimmed animations that will allow the player to keep momentum playing on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back