Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, I don't know a single thing about UT. I think I tried it once, can't remember what game, maybe a Madden or an NBA game. Spent about half an hour on it before I realised I had no idea what I was even supposed to be doing (or who the players were, lol). Then I think I had to play someone online and they reamed me so I went back to whatever offline mode I was doing before.

If it's in this game though I'll probably give it a sniff around for the hell of it. Is the "goal" of these modes just to play your teams against each other online? Or is it something you can enjoy without the online PvP element?
Unsure what the AFL 23 version of ultimate team will look like but for FIFA and 2k over the years, you’ve been able to play both online and offline and earn different rewards for either. WWE2k22 however strictly had their UT mode as offline only, turning everyone away from playing it. Not sure what they’ve done for WWE 23 but my guess for the AFL version is the possibility for online AND offline

Didn’t someone get grilled for spreading “misinformation” the other week when they said there was going to be an ultimate team type mode? 🫤

Hey mate unsure if you know, player ratings are dictated by Champion Data, more in depth statistically wise per position for player, not just what you see on tv or Brownlow votes. I think players like Daniel Rioli and Tom Papley are rated ELITE for their positions respectively. Otherwise you would only have midfielders rated 90+ and never see any defenders/forwards from non Victorian clubs etc in the list as there can be a general bias towards midfielders from big clubs ie Dustin Martin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
doesnt matter if they are "elite" for their postion, would you consider daniel rioli or papley a top 10 player in the comp? no

and you can get defenders and forwards in the top 10 in the comp, look at franklin, rance etc back in the day

top 10 in the comp should be top 10 best players regardless of postion, due to what afl is like its usually mids that are the best players, thats just what our sport is like

i know the ratings are dictated by CD but it shouldnt be like that. that gothelions dude even does a better job at the ratings

sorry but some of these ratings are absloute crap, though not as bad as the ones last night
players like rozee or LDU or daniel rioli arent 90 rated, 90 rated are meant to be for the very best players in the comp
the fact that dusty isnt even on this list is laughable.
Dusty finished equal 19th in Richmond's fairest and best (Rioli finished 2nd) and played 9 games last year so if they are based on 2022 results then it doesnt surprise me that he is not rated highly....its all about what the exact measures are that are being used. So I dont think anyone is in a position to question the ratings especially after we have been told SOOO many times in the last 24 hours that they are not final. Time to move on until launch day peeps.

This is the thing about ratings they can be highly subjective like i agree Rozee isn't a 90 but i'd actually argue he should be rated higher not lower.
rozee should be 90+ huh? what has he done that warrants him a 90+ 90+players should be players that you consider the top 10 or so best players in the comp winning accolades etc

anyways yes they can be subjective but i think everyone can agree that papley isnt a top 10 player in the comp

Dusty finished equal 19th in Richmond's fairest and best (Rioli finished 2nd) and played 9 games last year so if they are based on 2022 results then it doesnt surprise me that he is not rated highly....its all about what the exact measures are that are being used. So I dont think anyone is in a position to question the ratings especially after we have been told SOOO many times in the last 24 hours that they are not final. Time to move on until launch day peeps.
the ratings shouldnt just be on season 2022 they should take prior seasons into account as well as that would make it more realistic. obviously not the past 10 years, but recent seasons, about 3 years or so
dusty has had injury and personal loss hamper him so obviously his rating wouldnt be number 1 but it still should be one of the highest as he was the best player in the comp not too long ago

look at how fifa slowly brought down ronaldos rating, thats how it should be done, if you base it only on 1 season the ratings will go haywire

the ratings shouldnt just be on season 2022 they should take prior seasons into account as well as that would make it more realistic. obviously not the past 10 years, but recent seasons, about 3 years or so
dusty has had injury and personal loss hamper him so obviously his rating wouldnt be number 1 but it still should be one of the highest as he was the best player in the comp not too long ago
Mate...as I said in my previous post....unless you know the facts of how its be put together then dont lose sleep over it...especially as the numbers you are talking about are NOT FINAL....move on.

The only thing missing now is player career, I know it seems pretty clear it isn’t in there but it’s really the only big thing keeping this game from being ‘perfect’ from a game modes perspective.

look at how fifa slowly brought down ronaldos rating, thats how it should be done, if you base it only on 1 season the ratings will go haywire
Pretty sure you'll have the ability to modify the ratings anyways, so no point complaining until you have the game and know for sure. At the end of the day, it's just a game... You're not going to lose sleep over it, surely.

The only thing missing now is player career, I know it seems pretty clear it isn’t in there but it’s really the only big thing keeping this game from being ‘perfect’ from a game modes perspective.
I'd like to think that if it IS in the game, then you can choose an actual player instead of creating a player. Was never fond of creating a player tbh. Personal preference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah this is just how it is for practically every game, Its the downside of this being a footy forum not a gaming one theres a lot who just don't understand game development.(mind you the same can actually be said for gaming forums o_o)

Now a serious question utterly integral to my enjoyment of the game.....If i kick a goal with Duursma will he whip out the bow and arrow? 🏹🏹🏹

A little bit of a spoiler - a guy I have a massive man-crush on returned with us to PP today, for the first time in years, and we did mo-cap him doing some kicking/handballs/sprints/etc. and celebrates... more to come on that.

Mate...as I said in my previous post....unless you know the facts of how its be put together then dont lose sleep over it...especially as the numbers you are talking about are NOT FINAL....move on.

Just think, if the ratings get updated every week we can have these productive discussions every week.

As long as the AI manage to find themselves open after turnovers and have SOME overlap run around stoppages (potentially could add a sweeper behind stoppages) and marks, then this will be a fun game.

Sick of the typical WW moments where the other team would turn the ball over after rushing forward to attack, only to instantly be manned up across the ground creating 18 one on one contests and no possible way of moving the ball cleanly.

Ross loving the footy should know majority of scores are from turnover these days 😉

rozee should be 90+ huh? what has he done that warrants him a 90+ 90+players should be players that you consider the top 10 or so best players in the comp winning accolades etc

anyways yes they can be subjective but i think everyone can agree that papley isnt a top 10 player in the comp
yeah i'm obviously bias but for me Rozee is one of those rare genuine complete packages.

He's a mid, A forward, damn quick, has tricks, can fly for marks with ease, kick goals from just about anywhere (how many can snap from anywhere and also comfortably put them through from outside 50 off a step or 2)

the guy is a star, but again im bias IMO he's a 90+ player comfortably

from what ive seen it does look like an improved version of afl live

the animations of the players are alot better than other afl games, feels a bit smoother too especially the set shots, those were pretty good

just some of the player behaviours are weird and should be addressed. the non movement in stoppages, players randomly running to spots that make no sense during set shots, the standing still of players during certain moments etc

yeah i'm obviously bias but for me Rozee is one of those rare genuine complete packages.

He's a mid, A forward, damn quick, has tricks, can fly for marks with ease, kick goals from just about anywhere (how many can snap from anywhere and also comfortably put them through from outside 50 off a step or 2)

the guy is a star, but again im bias IMO he's a 90+ player comfortably
at least you admit it. he definitely can be a worthy 90+ player in the future

from what ive seen it does look like an improved version of afl live

the animations of the players are alot better than other afl games, feels a bit smoother too especially the set shots, those were pretty good

just some of the player behaviours are weird and should be addressed. the non movement in stoppages, players randomly running to spots that make no sense during set shots, the standing still of players during certain moments etc
Again, what you saw wasn't the final build! If it's the same when the game releases, then you have the right to complain.

i do know what they are basing the ratings on. im just putting my opinion on this as i thought that this is what this thread was about. you should be the one who should try to not lose sleep lol

Again, what you saw wasn't the final build! If it's the same when the game releases, then you have the right to complain.
huh? so i cant comment on the version that the public got to see now?

we all know its not the final build but doesnt mean we cant suggest improvements or say what looked nice ffs, are BA paying you or something?

sorry but some of these ratings are absloute crap, though not as bad as the ones last night
players like rozee or LDU or daniel rioli arent 90 rated, 90 rated are meant to be for the very best players in the comp
the fact that dusty isnt even on this list is laughable.
FIFA does a way better job at the ratings. some mistakes but they get the best 20 or so players in the world close to being correct

for afl a rough list of who should be 90 rated plus (not in any order) would be

Bont, cripps, oliver, gawn, dusty, neale, lynch, hawkins, petracca

these guys you would say are mostly the best in the comp, yet in that other list you have papley as a 92??
I can speak on Rozee having watched him last year, 88 AFLCA votes which was 10 behind the winners and put him in 5th, 2 votes ahead of Brownlow medallist Cripps and barring the first 4 games of last year I think he might have had the most votes from there on out (coinciding with a move to the midfield in round 5). Your list of 90 rated players isn't considering the fact that that's simply not the scale upon which the overalls are chosen. There's state leagues to consider and having such a small list of 90+ players means the gap between the AFL and state leagues won't be as big as it should. We also can't see the full list of 89 rated players and it isn't far fetched to assume Dusty would be there or pretty close at least. Even still, we're only looking at an overall and haven't had a chance to look at every stat for these players so be patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back